Not that I condone what Novell has allowed Microsoft to hold the knife and position it where it is going to be...

Just that, if you are going to get proper exposure and usage and familiarity and cooperative Linux implementations you have to sign The deal with Satan while wearing a lead alloy lined, asbestos suit, with a special enhanced back and pooper shield.

As a special procaution1, never look over the shoulders whilst wearing that suit. It gives Microsoft the chance to do all the dirty work they want, having little effect on the real product, except more exposure, upping usage, gaining familiarity and making the "host" look far worse than it really is.

IOW, this allows the "Brilliantly Cut, Flawless, Colorless, Clear Diamond" to be uncovered or discovered in the dogshit that surrounds it.

Also, based on my experience, Linux DOES run better as a hosted OS (in Windows) than Windows running as the hosted OS (on Linux or Windows). It boggles my mind as to why, though I do have a good idea why.

1 == Yes, I know the "proper" spelling.