IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Nice link
I'd forgotten a lot of those quotes. It's probably been 25-30 years since I read it. It could stand a re-read. Thanks for the link and the memory boost.
New The trouble (with you two) is -
You are members of a teensy minority within a sea of the disinterested, the Very-easily amused - many of whom view 'shopping' as a near-daily recreation / also as placebo for an Authentic\ufffd? life experience. Apparently the endorphins generated by the moments of the Buy-Buy frenzy aka POS, momentarily distracts from the deeper emotional poverty within the jelloware -- which lugubriously surfaces later, and is called (an epidemic now, I hear) depression.
[pardon the technical description; beats saying, puerile Assholes!! a lot.]

Where are the Stateswomen?
Conventional wisdom conflates their absence with 'the failing educational system'.
Trite non-specific - easily herringed-Red. I'd gussy that up a bit, substituting homogenization as the main culprit - massively abetted by the acceleration of robot-like machines, their 'efficiency' and its appeal to the MBA crowd - who know the price of everything, yada; (MBAs are drawn from the mediocre.. having failed the larger aim) - and who remain ignorant of history and of those things once called aspirations - except in the amassing of $$, natch.

For humans to settle for incarceration in oppressive rectilinear pens - call that an Office and say, I want to be a businessperson and live there! - does, I think hint-at some root causes of the automaton-behavior migrating from the rilly-Profitable Machines ('cause they eliminate paying humans to Work - in any honorable, historically-imperative sense of Work!)

The inexorable retraining of humans to asymptotically approach Machine Efficiency, that homogenization now suffuses Both worlds: passing osmotically across the thinner-than-ever man|machine conceptual barrier. I wot.

Who has time to read a (several?) 500-1000 pp. elderly work of Wisdom, ponder [in silence! - it used to be called Solitude]: when exhausted by the daily dehumanizing process - which began in the driveway, the creeping lines of mobile-stereo-dens enroute to:

Incarceration, then paper-generating, pushing, shredding, biz-lying -- and the necessary pretense that, "Hey, I'm doing Important work here: See?! how busy I always Am?"

It took lots more than some {fancied} deterioration in the enthusiasm, talent, Dedication of the Teachers of the Place -???- to set this dehumanizing trend into full acceleration. (Today they are required to teach craftiness, the sly innuendo of biz-lying: not the Classics. Remember those?)

It took the morphing-into, embracing of Vulture Ethics-free Capitalism / or by any other academic name we love to invent, to lend credence. How does one ever put such a Behemoth into Reverse?

Nuke and start all over? -- has unpleasant side effects, but our sloth and reduced-Imaginations of possibilities may actually make this the most likely scenario. All 'spasm-war' [a watchword of the '50s - still brand-New] needs is a few more years of Shrubbish being taken for 'governments of the people, by the yada'. And continued somnolence by the maxxed-out, frazzled CC holders.

Are we half-way there or just ___? Let's also heed the Loonies who fervidly tell us about the prevert+committee who, after much bad acid cobbled up Revelations!-cha-cha, shall we? - many of The Lost are on this potent mind-eating drug. Sick-fantasy does not help reverse any behemoths either, I also wot.

On the cheery side though, Piet Hein informs us that,
Things that don't actually kill you outright, generally make you stronger :-) :-) Yeay!!!

Yabut - what if it's an epidemic of lobotomies?
Ooops - got a large tome to read w/ a cat-in-lap - Murica is today a rilly depressing thing to peer very closely at.. y'know?

I could be wrong.
I could.. give away one of the Geiger counters, I suppose - as a sign of meeting Colossal Dumbth half-way.. a little optimism perhaps? This just in: Baghday locked-down/curfew for a full day - seems a plan was afoot to bomb the Palatial Green Zone; these scum have no sense of Imperial Dignity whatsoever. What a Show.

But ... schtupid
-- Arte Johnson, RIP Murican Humor. Too.
New You got that quote wrong.
That which does not kill you leaves you a gibbering, drooling wreck in an asylum.

- InThane, who has been reading too much of Charles Stross's shots at horror lately for his own good. *shudder*
Odoru aho ni miru aho!
Onaji aho nara odoranya son son!
     Florida Republican Congressman Resigns. - (Another Scott) - (16)
         political ambush - (boxley) - (15)
             It's the page issue, not that he's gay, that's the problem- - (Another Scott) - (7)
                 remember, its only a bj by an intern, no big deal right? -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                     She was 21 at the time.... -NT - (Another Scott) - (5)
                         everytime or the last time :-) -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                             When she started. - (Another Scott)
                             Jeez, Box... - (Ashton) - (2)
                                 just idly pointing out that repos should get the same pass -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                     I'll buy 'idly'. - (Ashton)
             So? Why should the reps have all the fun? - (hnick) - (6)
                 Who would replace them? Where are the statesmen? - (Another Scott) - (5)
                     Yeah, I was just being lazy. - (hnick) - (4)
                         I like it! - (Another Scott) - (3)
                             Nice link - (hnick) - (2)
                                 The trouble (with you two) is - - (Ashton) - (1)
                                     You got that quote wrong. - (inthane-chan)

Remember... save the wax!
47 ms