IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New the presidents argument is clearly wrong
he claims that a program will have to stop because Good honest american men would be afraid of facing international war crime trials.

Bad shit happens in war. Unless it is egregious, no one is going on trial. If it is egregiously nescessary, then a good patriotic man will get it done and accept the inevitable consequences if one is caught.

That is how it was played many times in many ways since I was a kid trundling around strange places. The cold war operated on that principle. WW2 Korea and Viet Nam operated the same way. If it was outragious and nescessary shit slid unless it was discovered and disemminated to the world press. The someone got court marshalled or tried in federal court.

If you are scared of doing time, then you are already over the line and the information you have gotten do not justify the tactics used aand the program should be ended. Interogation can be done very quickly and effectivly without heavy violence.

I think the John Mc \ufffdain in this instance should be listened to. He has the nescessary understanding of the other side of the argument.
thanx,
bill

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Wrong? Possibly in extent he took it
saying he'll "just quit and go home"...but his point is valid...clarify what is allowed and not allowed..because in current environment with current press...NOTHING should be assumed to be "secret".

But if the rules say we have to give the guy cable, 3 hots and a cot and ask "have anything to tell me?" and when answered no..end of talk. Must admit..at that point...that if the worst the guy can expect is to be housed and fed for the rest of his life...we'll have folks lining up to go to Gitmo.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New It's a long way
from abuse to 'give the guy cable, 3 hots and a cot and ask "have anything to tell me?" and when answered no..end of talk'.

The dichotomy you offer is the one the Neocons want to say is the only choice available, and that is UTTERLY wrong.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

Bush pushes on terrorism proposal - (JayMehaffey) - (77)
         What's to clarify? - (jbrabeck) - (63)
             What, specifically, do those things mean? - (bepatient) - (62)
                 Good points, but... - (jbrabeck) - (52)
                     You and I agree on the SH point - (bepatient) - (51)
                         That I would agree too. - (jbrabeck) - (50)
                             What two things are the admin pushing? - (Silverlock) - (49)
                                 Its not >re< definition - (bepatient) - (48)
                                     It's not that difficult, IMHO. - (Another Scott) - (36)
                                         Gimme a break on that - (bepatient) - (35)
                                             I think we're talking past each other. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                 Maybe not - (bepatient)
                                             be careful what you wish for.... - (Simon_Jester) - (32)
                                                 I am completely fine with that. - (bepatient) - (31)
                                                     It sure as hell ain't that churchly fornication thing - (Ashton)
                                                     What about when the "clarification" is used on US troops? - (Silverlock) - (29)
                                                         Considering the alternative - (bepatient) - (28)
                                                             What other people do doesn't matter. What we do does. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                                                 Hear, hear! -NT - (imric)
                                                                 No argument. -NT - (bepatient)
                                                                 No. - (mmoffitt)
                                                             The altenative to waterboarding is beheading? - (imric) - (22)
                                                                 Who would be capturing our troops? - (bepatient) - (21)
                                                                     So friggin' what? - (imric) - (20)
                                                                         You are missing the point. - (bepatient) - (19)
                                                                             FOLLOW ALONG? - (imric) - (18)
                                                                                 lest I have to repeat myself again - (bepatient) - (17)
                                                                                     And that doesn't matter, dude. - (imric) - (16)
                                                                                         Its not a rationalization - (bepatient) - (15)
                                                                                             Allow me to repeat myself - (Silverlock) - (3)
                                                                                                 Why not, its more fun. -NT - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                                     You're troll-fu has been weak for awhile now - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                                                                         Haven't hit the warning track yet. - (bepatient)
                                                                                             If it is a simple fact, - (imric) - (10)
                                                                                                 I think we've missed his point - (jbrabeck) - (2)
                                                                                                     Not quite. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                                         Nope, you haven't. - (bepatient)
                                                                                                 No - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                                                                     No, it doesn't. - (imric) - (5)
                                                                                                         All valid points - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                                                             Please quote what you're responding to. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                                                                                 Your problem is with who you attribute the desire. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                                                     That's what I was trying to say - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                                                                                                                         And my response was affirmative to you - (bepatient)
                                                             Technically speaking.... - (Simon_Jester)
                                     This is so inherently a fool's errand, though - - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         Exactly. - (Another Scott)
                                     Clarification defeats the purpose. - (Silverlock) - (8)
                                         Sure, I get it - (bepatient) - (7)
                                             Well, after all - (jake123)
                                             It's not like people aren't interrogated all the time. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                 Chuckle - (bepatient)
                                             How do you know they're terrorists? - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                                 Valid point. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                     Oh, that's OK then. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                         That was nowhere near the point of that post - (bepatient)
                 Don't be evil -NT - (Silverlock)
                 the presidents argument is clearly wrong - (boxley) - (2)
                     Wrong? Possibly in extent he took it - (bepatient) - (1)
                         It's a long way - (imric)
                 Your being far to generous - (JayMehaffey) - (4)
                     Yes, and the fact that they can and Did proceed in this way - (Ashton) - (3)
                         Right...provable lies - (bepatient) - (2)
                             I never promised you a rose garden. -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 I wouldn't want the job. -NT - (bepatient)
         Eventually he'll have to accept what he gets. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             I hadn't watched The McLauglin shout-extravaganza (PBS) much - (Ashton)
         everything old is new again (40KB image) - (rcareaga) - (4)
             WOW! - (lincoln) - (3)
                 Just lucky, I guess - (rcareaga) - (2)
                     Yes, I recognize that little girl - - (Ashton) - (1)
                         It's Ann Coulter -NT - (imqwerky)
         You know...this ignores the larger issue.... - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
             Shush! We gotta protect our Sekrets! - (Another Scott)
             What constitutes legal methods in GC and thus US law - (bepatient) - (2)
                 Have you seen the Senate Armed Services bill? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     They shouldn't have caved there. - (bepatient)
         Tom Malinowski OpEd at the Washington Post. - (Another Scott)

It ran CP/M, I believe.
90 ms