IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I did my best to avoid the images on TV today
But I did write something about it in my group, later. I'm not sure now if this is appropriate to add to this thread, so I'm going to branch it off this post here and give it a separate thread ok?

I haven't seen United 93 or WTC and I can't imagine going to either movie. I have read some of the books, but not many, because it's still too close. I have bought most of them, but don't know when I'll be able to read them.

I remember where I was and what I was doing when I found out as well, it was online on a Yahoo group where I first saw the posts about the attack.

I like Laura, want and need to remember. I just don't want or need to see the footage again to do it. I'll never forget.

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
Expand Edited by Nightowl Sept. 11, 2006, 10:38:16 PM EDT
New How Safe Are We? (new thread)
Created as new thread #267269 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=267269|How Safe Are We?]

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
     I really overestimated myself - (bepatient) - (41)
         Glad I'm not the only one. -NT - (Steve Lowe)
         Glad I'm not the only one. -NT - (Steve Lowe)
         "Three dead is a tragedy, three thousand is a statistic" - (drewk) - (4)
             Its not outrage. - (bepatient)
             I'm much the same. - (pwhysall)
             dunno if it helps but - (boxley) - (1)
                 It's about as many will die in traffic accidents this month - (pwhysall)
         You should be sick. - (bionerd) - (6)
             Why? - (jbrabeck) - (5)
                 I guess because - (bionerd) - (4)
                     And- my task at work today - (bionerd)
                     Do you have the same feeling - (xtensive) - (2)
                         Victims of the random attacks are tragic - (bepatient)
                         Yes, but to a lesser degree because - (bionerd)
         Why are we at work today? - (tuberculosis) - (2)
             Cool, another 3-day weekend ... break out the grill -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                 And the mattress sales - (lincoln)
         I was crying this morning. Again. - (folkert) - (1)
             I cried, too. -NT - (bionerd)
         I remember it like it was yesterday - (tuberculosis)
         I did my best to avoid the images on TV today - (Nightowl) - (1)
             How Safe Are We? (new thread) - (Nightowl)
         Perspective of a 14 year old. - (mmoffitt) - (17)
             Actually, there's an easy answer: the true one - (jake123) - (2)
                 That's human nature - (bionerd) - (1)
                     That may be - (jake123)
             I was thinking about the kids, too - (drewk) - (6)
                 'We have always been at war with East Asia..' - (Ashton) - (5)
                     You knew that was an Orwell quote? - (drewk) - (4)
                         I've been reading a fine bio of George O - (Ashton) - (2)
                             Depressing how often he's still relevant -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                                 Re: Depressing how often he's ^h^h the Greeks - (Ashton)
                         I knew... - (jb4)
             She is old enough (and clearly wise enough) now, to grok - (Ashton)
             I agree with her - (boxley) - (5)
                 Send that to Move On - they have the Will, the $$ and the - (Ashton) - (1)
                     wrong messenger, need to bleed it from the grassroots - (boxley)
                 I couldn't watch or listen to the coverage either. 36 kB. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     Not the coverage I was speaking about - (bepatient) - (1)
                         My wife saw that too - scared her until she realized it was - (jbrabeck)
         The only thing I watched.... - (static)

We didn't invent the art of wishful thinking... we just market it locally.
60 ms