IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
Never more so than on a motorcycle.

Bicycles are just as prone to being hit if you are on the road as motorcycle (I had a coupla buds in Edison without cars OR motorcycles - they were both hit multiple times over the years); if you need transportation and are on a shoestring, a motorcycle is the way to go.

That doesn't mean you have to get some kind of ninja death-machine, or some hulking brute of a bike - [link|http://www.imrics.net/publish/Steed/|mine] was soley for transport, not for showing off - it was only a little 250. I was told from early on that you always wear the gear (helmet, jacket, jeans, gloves, boots MINIMUM) to minimize the 'road-rash' effect. The kids you see screaming down the road at 100 miles an hour wearing shorts, sneakers and a tee shirt simply aren't long for this world.

Now, they ARE more suceptible to the weather than cars, it's true - and riding requires more attention than driving a car.. but I don't see you being careless with one.

There are intangible benefits, too. Riding is WAY, WAY more pleasurable than driving - in ways it can be hard to describe to someone that has only driven.

And, of course, many 'chicks' dig motorcycles.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Difference in the usage.
If I'm bicycling, it's in my local neighborhood, on back streets, going to the grocery store.

If I get a motorized bike, I'll ride it over to friend's places, etc. - increasing my exposure to accidents. Better stick to metro for now.
Hurt me if you must, but let the duckie go!
New Chicks don't dig motorcycles. They dig the LEATHER!
Smile,
Amy

[link|http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Amy%20Rathman|Pics of the Family]
New Ummm...
Some chicks dig the bikes. (The leather is just a bonus).
New ICLRPD (new thread)
Created as new thread #261088 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=261088|ICLRPD]
a very rich person should leave his kids enough to do anything but not enough to do nothing. -- Warren Buffett
New remember its either raining or snowing 340 days a year
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Not quite that bad here.
     I was in a car wreck today. - (inthane-chan) - (47)
         Wow. :-( - (Another Scott)
         Sorry to hear it, Thane. - (a6l6e6x)
         5 years? - (broomberg) - (25)
             I'm already nearly broke. - (inthane-chan) - (24)
                 OK, understoood - (broomberg) - (22)
                     What part of "I can't afford insurance" did you miss? - (inthane-chan) - (21)
                         Untrue, at least here. - (Steve Lowe)
                         I thought so too - (imric) - (19)
                             That's weird. - (inthane-chan) - (18)
                                 Consider a used Vespa. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     Make sure it's not a Druish Vespa -NT - (imqwerky)
                                 Risk assessment - (ChrisR) - (2)
                                     Unuzeer Reesk Essessment (now with SUPER translation) - (folkert) - (1)
                                         Yeah! What he said! - (jb4)
                                 Paranoia Is a Survival Trait - (imric) - (6)
                                     Difference in the usage. - (inthane-chan)
                                     Chicks don't dig motorcycles. They dig the LEATHER! -NT - (imqwerky) - (1)
                                         Ummm... - (bionerd)
                                     ICLRPD (new thread) - (ben_tilly)
                                     remember its either raining or snowing 340 days a year -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Not quite that bad here. -NT - (inthane-chan)
                                 Boy are you naive - (drewk) - (1)
                                     Snark much? - (inthane-chan)
                                 The scooter/bike drill, then - - (Ashton) - (3)
                                     "Fun" isn't the issue any more. :( - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                                         Re: "Fun" isn't the issue any more. :( - (Ashton)
                                         I'm glad you're allright, Thane. -NT - (Nightowl)
                 OK, understoood - (broomberg)
         Ouch, I hope nobody is hurt! - (ben_tilly)
         Refrain echoed - (imqwerky)
         Sorry to hear, glad everyone's ok. - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
             No whiplash as of now. - (inthane-chan)
         OMG! - (bionerd) - (2)
             My current line of thought on this is that I should... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                 IME, avoid Critical Mass - (Yendor)
         Glad you're OK. - (pwhysall) - (1)
             Yeah, learned one thing. - (inthane-chan)
         Glad to hear you're ok. - (Yendor)
         totalled or butt ugly? -NT - (boxley) - (4)
             Re: totalled or butt ugly? - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                 What about a replacement wheel from the scrappy? - (pwhysall) - (2)
                     Axle is bent too. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                         Ya might not have to donate it - (imric)
         I'll just echo the main sentiment - Glad you're ok. -NT - (jbrabeck)
         Wow, that sucks -NT - (JayMehaffey)
         yikes - (cforde)
         E-comma-gad! - (jb4)

So anyway...
80 ms