IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You are denying fact
Actually, I have said that since the categorization of the prisoners has not been determined at this point, they are all to be treated as POW's until such time as they are categorized.

Actually, they have been categorized. You have disagreed with that categorization. You would prefer that they be categorized as POWs until and unless someone can prove to your satisfactin that they are something else.

The people actually making the decisions have opted to trust the opinions of people involved in the process who, it can be supposed, might have access to information that lends their categorization some credence.
We have to fight the terrorists as if there were no rules and preserve our open society as if there were no terrorists. -- [link|http://www.nytimes.com/2001/04/05/opinion/BIO-FRIEDMAN.html|Thomas Friedman]
New That may be true.
"Actually, they have been categorized."

Yes, they have. And if you've been paying attention, many people who overwatch things like this have also disagreed with the categorization.

"You would prefer that they be categorized as POWs until and unless someone can prove to your satisfactin that they are something else."

Nope. I just find it amazing that out of all of those prisoners, none of them are POW's.

Fascinating. Particularly given the wide range of categories that an individual can fall into and be considered a POW.

"The people actually making the decisions have opted to trust the opinions of people involved in the process who, it can be supposed, might have access to information that lends their categorization some credence."

Hmmmmm, these are the same people who pushed for secret military tribunals, right?

Sorry, Drew, I don't trust the people in my government to follow the laws when operating in secrecy.

I'm interested in the fact that you seem to trust them to.
     To summarize. - (Brandioch) - (106)
         to brandyise - (boxley) - (1)
             I have a mouse in my pocket. - (Brandioch)
         Why such sweeping assumptions? - (Mike) - (103)
             *sigh* - (Brandioch) - (98)
                 Dont *sigh* - read and learn - (Mike) - (97)
                     That's because it was covered already. - (Brandioch) - (73)
                         Said it was my last but I'm hooked now - (Mike) - (72)
                             Okay. - (Brandioch) - (71)
                                 I'll see your "Okay" and raise you - (Mike) - (68)
                                     Summary. - (Brandioch) - (5)
                                         Summary Part II - (Mike) - (4)
                                             I think my above post was correct. - (Brandioch) - (3)
                                                 No - (Mike) - (2)
                                                     Yes. - (Brandioch)
                                                     We're all done - (Mike)
                                     The US purports to be defending "freedom". Everywhere. - (Ashton) - (61)
                                         Enjoyed your post....but - (Mike) - (60)
                                             Check the treatment of POW's. - (Brandioch) - (56)
                                                 Let me get this straight........ - (Mike) - (55)
                                                     You might want to read his post again. - (Simon_Jester) - (54)
                                                         You're right - (Mike) - (53)
                                                             It's so sad when you have to resort to oocq's. - (Brandioch) - (52)
                                                                 Brandi - its okay to be wrong...... - (Mike) - (51)
                                                                     Post-war treatment.___Indeed. - (Ashton)
                                                                     Did that feel good to you? - (Brandioch) - (49)
                                                                         Dude, it felt freakin' awesome. - (Mike) - (48)
                                                                             Then I am sorry for you. - (Brandioch) - (47)
                                                                                 Re: Then I am sorry for you. - (Mike) - (22)
                                                                                     Believe that if you wish to. - (Brandioch) - (21)
                                                                                         Believe that if you wish to. - (Mike) - (20)
                                                                                             Please change your "PS" sig. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                                                 Done - (Mike) - (1)
                                                                                                     Vielen danke. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                             Ummm, you're wrong. - (Brandioch) - (16)
                                                                                                 One more time around - (Mike) - (2)
                                                                                                     The phrasing, not the position. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                                                         Mmmmmm much better - (Mike)
                                                                                                 And..... - (Mike) - (12)
                                                                                                     Again? - (Brandioch) - (11)
                                                                                                         Dancing on the head of a pin - (Mike) - (10)
                                                                                                             You post lacks content. - (Brandioch) - (9)
                                                                                                                 You are a naughty boy - (Mike) - (8)
                                                                                                                     I think my original posts were clear enough. - (Brandioch) - (7)
                                                                                                                         Brandioch: >I< never said that we >NEVER< did such - (Mike) - (6)
                                                                                                                             Again, the two post rule applies. - (Brandioch) - (5)
                                                                                                                                 What POWs? -NT - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                                                                     Those POW's. -NT - (Brandioch)
                                                                                                                                 Bring out the context - (Mike) - (2)
                                                                                                                                     Incidentally, Mike... - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                                                                                                         Thanks...another supporting link attached - (Mike)
                                                                                 Just FYI - (Mike) - (23)
                                                                                     I don't expect you to see the difference. - (Brandioch) - (22)
                                                                                         Because thats not what you did. - (bepatient) - (21)
                                                                                             Thank you. - (Brandioch) - (20)
                                                                                                 No problem.... - (bepatient) - (19)
                                                                                                     Flattered? - (Brandioch) - (18)
                                                                                                         Gospel according to Brandioch... - (bepatient) - (17)
                                                                                                             I am humbled before God. - (Brandioch) - (16)
                                                                                                                 It would help if you read something... - (bepatient) - (15)
                                                                                                                     You're posts are so easily disproven. - (Brandioch) - (14)
                                                                                                                         Why don't you answer the point made? -NT - (bepatient) - (13)
                                                                                                                             Allow me to refresh your memory. - (Brandioch) - (12)
                                                                                                                                 Again...pick at a detail and ignore the point. - (bepatient) - (11)
                                                                                                                                     Isn't the point comprised of the details? - (Brandioch) - (10)
                                                                                                                                         no.it wasn't - (bepatient) - (9)
                                                                                                                                             Now >THAT< is funny. - (Brandioch) - (8)
                                                                                                                                                 Not as funny as putting a bra on a a statue because - (Ashton)
                                                                                                                                                 I thought you were an expert? - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                                                                                                                     Nope. I'm just able to read. - (Brandioch) - (5)
                                                                                                                                                         Then why don't you try it sometime - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                                                                                                             You see, I can read and you're illiterate. - (Brandioch) - (3)
                                                                                                                                                                 I already gave you your homework assignment - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                                                                                                     And we, once again, come back to my point. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                                         No we haven't - (bepatient)
                                             Thou sayest.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                 You're up - (Mike) - (1)
                                                     Let us retire with the comforting thought - (Ashton)
                                 You are denying fact - (drewk) - (1)
                                     That may be true. - (Brandioch)
                     New to brandi arnt you? - (boxley) - (22)
                         Okay, I thought this was covered. I guess I was wrong. - (Brandioch) - (21)
                             We treat the pirates as pirates and the taliban as pow's - (boxley) - (20)
                                 I like that. - (Brandioch) - (19)
                                     He didn't say "guilty" - (drewk) - (17)
                                         Allow me to quote. - (Brandioch) - (16)
                                             Jeez, that's intentionally obtuse - (drewk) - (11)
                                                 "suspected" == guilty. - (Brandioch) - (10)
                                                     So now *I'm* the final authority? - (drewk) - (9)
                                                         Do you believe in Santa Claus? - (Brandioch) - (8)
                                                             The classic flip. - (bepatient) - (7)
                                                                 F.I. - (Brandioch) - (6)
                                                                     Soooooooooooo doubt everything right? - (Mike) - (5)
                                                                         Shhhh... - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                             :-) NT -NT - (Mike) - (2)
                                                                                 Thank you Drew, Drew and Drew. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                                     Was talking to Mike...do you mind? - (bepatient)
                                                                             LRPD wryly notes: I'm sorry, I came here for an argument! - (Ashton)
                                             What conflict? - (boxley) - (3)
                                                 Gotta love that. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                     Lotsa prisoners were taken from the army - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         Strangely enough, I do. - (Brandioch)
                                     according to the brits it does at least the one name - (boxley)
             What about non-uniformed combatants? - (rsf) - (2)
                 I am the authority on the Geneva Convention. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                     Forgot some. -NT - (bepatient)
             Re: What is a Taliban ? - What is an Al-Qaeda ? - (dmarker2)

We didn't invent the art of wishful thinking... we just market it locally.
155 ms