IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So now *I'm* the final authority?
Don't tell me what you've been told.

Tell me whether you believe that none of them are Taliban military.

So it doesn't matter what the local government says. Nor the fact that there already is a body in place acting as one of the parties described in the Geneva Convention. Because you question their legitimacy, or their motives, or for some other reason their quailification to make such a classification, then I am free to replace their judgement with my own.

That's good to know. As long as I'm the final arbiter of all this, I guess we can stop discussing it and just give me a few hours to write up a plan.
We have to fight the terrorists as if there were no rules and preserve our open society as if there were no terrorists. -- [link|http://www.nytimes.com/2001/04/05/opinion/BIO-FRIEDMAN.html|Thomas Friedman]
New Do you believe in Santa Claus?
Do you believe in the Easter Bunny?

"Because you question their legitimacy, or their motives, or for some other reason their quailification to make such a classification, then I am free to replace their judgement with my own."

Nope. You don't have the authority.

Just tell me whether you believe that they're all spies/terrorists/merc/etc.

Anything other than POW's.

It seems like a simple request to me.
New The classic flip.
I say X...prove Y or my X is correct.

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New F.I.
Functionally illiterate.

No. This is not about proving anymore.

I'm simply asking Drew if he believes what he's been told about them.

I don't expect you to be able to understand that. You seem to have a bit of trouble with fact/fantasy.
New Soooooooooooo doubt everything right?
I think I would agree.
I question the authorities when they say that the detainees are not being
given POW status.
I say they ARE......but they're just not telling us about it.
--------Streak of batpiss---------
New Shhhh...
its not the truth unless someone links to it in a reponse to a Brandioch post.

Doubt him or question him? Please...you must be unable to read...besides..the burden of proof never rests there...always here.

Nudge.

New :-) NT
--------Streak of batpiss---------
New Thank you Drew, Drew and Drew.
Amazing, I asked Drew for his opinion on a subject and instead of a reply from Drew I get "replies" from Bill and Mike.

The word "replies" is in quotes because, although their posts did follow my post, they did not answer the question posed to Drew.

At which point will I realize that having a "discussion" with someone involves their replies to actually address the my points?

Oh, I already have realized this.

That is why I consider Bill to be functionally illiterate. He is capable of nothing more that endless repetion of his previously held beliefs and personal insults. He cannot understand a reference (except to endlessly demand them) nor can he understand basic logic (except to endlessly repeat his opinion).

Mike, please see the above paragraph and replace "Bill" with "Mike".

If you can.

In the future, if you would be so kind, please do not replace "Drew" with either "Bill" nor "Mike".

If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.
New Was talking to Mike...do you mind?
And he says >I< can't read. Wow.

New LRPD wryly notes: I'm sorry, I came here for an argument!
Yup, when your logic fails, it's good strategy to ridicule the process that made the rebuttal ultimately LAM,E (sq).

Of course it's UnMurican to imagine that Our Government agencies might ever actually spin anything - to us! No.. wait:

Actually that seems to be the reason we provided so many checks & balances and have to keep looking for end-runs around em: after each new one is finally noticed.

I guess it's much more comfortable just to .. believe, though. Yep: 100% accuracy in the er Selected Detainees. Sounds right to me - but why should I depend on just my mentation - when my govt. will do it for me?

Still and all - these little exchanges seem to be much lengthier than rilly Smart folk would need: as all those previous sentences have to be scanned-in again and linked to - for the short attention span of some readers who just plumb forgot what was said. Could it be that some only have an 8K cache and an old Seagate 5mB disk in there? Poverty is everywhere..

What was that word?

Obtuse? yeah that seems to fit, specially when it's intentional.

Ashton er.. I forget - what were the sour grapes?
     To summarize. - (Brandioch) - (106)
         to brandyise - (boxley) - (1)
             I have a mouse in my pocket. - (Brandioch)
         Why such sweeping assumptions? - (Mike) - (103)
             *sigh* - (Brandioch) - (98)
                 Dont *sigh* - read and learn - (Mike) - (97)
                     That's because it was covered already. - (Brandioch) - (73)
                         Said it was my last but I'm hooked now - (Mike) - (72)
                             Okay. - (Brandioch) - (71)
                                 I'll see your "Okay" and raise you - (Mike) - (68)
                                     Summary. - (Brandioch) - (5)
                                         Summary Part II - (Mike) - (4)
                                             I think my above post was correct. - (Brandioch) - (3)
                                                 No - (Mike) - (2)
                                                     Yes. - (Brandioch)
                                                     We're all done - (Mike)
                                     The US purports to be defending "freedom". Everywhere. - (Ashton) - (61)
                                         Enjoyed your post....but - (Mike) - (60)
                                             Check the treatment of POW's. - (Brandioch) - (56)
                                                 Let me get this straight........ - (Mike) - (55)
                                                     You might want to read his post again. - (Simon_Jester) - (54)
                                                         You're right - (Mike) - (53)
                                                             It's so sad when you have to resort to oocq's. - (Brandioch) - (52)
                                                                 Brandi - its okay to be wrong...... - (Mike) - (51)
                                                                     Post-war treatment.___Indeed. - (Ashton)
                                                                     Did that feel good to you? - (Brandioch) - (49)
                                                                         Dude, it felt freakin' awesome. - (Mike) - (48)
                                                                             Then I am sorry for you. - (Brandioch) - (47)
                                                                                 Re: Then I am sorry for you. - (Mike) - (22)
                                                                                     Believe that if you wish to. - (Brandioch) - (21)
                                                                                         Believe that if you wish to. - (Mike) - (20)
                                                                                             Please change your "PS" sig. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                                                 Done - (Mike) - (1)
                                                                                                     Vielen danke. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                             Ummm, you're wrong. - (Brandioch) - (16)
                                                                                                 One more time around - (Mike) - (2)
                                                                                                     The phrasing, not the position. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                                                         Mmmmmm much better - (Mike)
                                                                                                 And..... - (Mike) - (12)
                                                                                                     Again? - (Brandioch) - (11)
                                                                                                         Dancing on the head of a pin - (Mike) - (10)
                                                                                                             You post lacks content. - (Brandioch) - (9)
                                                                                                                 You are a naughty boy - (Mike) - (8)
                                                                                                                     I think my original posts were clear enough. - (Brandioch) - (7)
                                                                                                                         Brandioch: >I< never said that we >NEVER< did such - (Mike) - (6)
                                                                                                                             Again, the two post rule applies. - (Brandioch) - (5)
                                                                                                                                 What POWs? -NT - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                                                                     Those POW's. -NT - (Brandioch)
                                                                                                                                 Bring out the context - (Mike) - (2)
                                                                                                                                     Incidentally, Mike... - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                                                                                                         Thanks...another supporting link attached - (Mike)
                                                                                 Just FYI - (Mike) - (23)
                                                                                     I don't expect you to see the difference. - (Brandioch) - (22)
                                                                                         Because thats not what you did. - (bepatient) - (21)
                                                                                             Thank you. - (Brandioch) - (20)
                                                                                                 No problem.... - (bepatient) - (19)
                                                                                                     Flattered? - (Brandioch) - (18)
                                                                                                         Gospel according to Brandioch... - (bepatient) - (17)
                                                                                                             I am humbled before God. - (Brandioch) - (16)
                                                                                                                 It would help if you read something... - (bepatient) - (15)
                                                                                                                     You're posts are so easily disproven. - (Brandioch) - (14)
                                                                                                                         Why don't you answer the point made? -NT - (bepatient) - (13)
                                                                                                                             Allow me to refresh your memory. - (Brandioch) - (12)
                                                                                                                                 Again...pick at a detail and ignore the point. - (bepatient) - (11)
                                                                                                                                     Isn't the point comprised of the details? - (Brandioch) - (10)
                                                                                                                                         no.it wasn't - (bepatient) - (9)
                                                                                                                                             Now >THAT< is funny. - (Brandioch) - (8)
                                                                                                                                                 Not as funny as putting a bra on a a statue because - (Ashton)
                                                                                                                                                 I thought you were an expert? - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                                                                                                                     Nope. I'm just able to read. - (Brandioch) - (5)
                                                                                                                                                         Then why don't you try it sometime - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                                                                                                             You see, I can read and you're illiterate. - (Brandioch) - (3)
                                                                                                                                                                 I already gave you your homework assignment - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                                                                                                     And we, once again, come back to my point. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                                         No we haven't - (bepatient)
                                             Thou sayest.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                 You're up - (Mike) - (1)
                                                     Let us retire with the comforting thought - (Ashton)
                                 You are denying fact - (drewk) - (1)
                                     That may be true. - (Brandioch)
                     New to brandi arnt you? - (boxley) - (22)
                         Okay, I thought this was covered. I guess I was wrong. - (Brandioch) - (21)
                             We treat the pirates as pirates and the taliban as pow's - (boxley) - (20)
                                 I like that. - (Brandioch) - (19)
                                     He didn't say "guilty" - (drewk) - (17)
                                         Allow me to quote. - (Brandioch) - (16)
                                             Jeez, that's intentionally obtuse - (drewk) - (11)
                                                 "suspected" == guilty. - (Brandioch) - (10)
                                                     So now *I'm* the final authority? - (drewk) - (9)
                                                         Do you believe in Santa Claus? - (Brandioch) - (8)
                                                             The classic flip. - (bepatient) - (7)
                                                                 F.I. - (Brandioch) - (6)
                                                                     Soooooooooooo doubt everything right? - (Mike) - (5)
                                                                         Shhhh... - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                             :-) NT -NT - (Mike) - (2)
                                                                                 Thank you Drew, Drew and Drew. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                                     Was talking to Mike...do you mind? - (bepatient)
                                                                             LRPD wryly notes: I'm sorry, I came here for an argument! - (Ashton)
                                             What conflict? - (boxley) - (3)
                                                 Gotta love that. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                     Lotsa prisoners were taken from the army - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         Strangely enough, I do. - (Brandioch)
                                     according to the brits it does at least the one name - (boxley)
             What about non-uniformed combatants? - (rsf) - (2)
                 I am the authority on the Geneva Convention. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                     Forgot some. -NT - (bepatient)
             Re: What is a Taliban ? - What is an Al-Qaeda ? - (dmarker2)

An eye is upon you!
105 ms