IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Define "best".
For example, I've found that my community college has a Language Partners Program, where hordes of people (about 90% female) from other countries who want to learn English show up, and practically throw themselves at the three native English speakers who are actually participating in the program. If I was desperate (which I am not, yet) it would be a great way to get laid. Long term? No.

I'm currently betting on becoming a regular at a local Irish pub. The clientele is definitely around my age and attractive. I do need a wingman/woman to bring with me, though.

Also, dancing classes in theory should be a good place to meet women. I'm hoping private dancing instruction is better than the community college system; in my prior class the class consisted almost entirely of older married women without their husbands, couples, and young horndogs like myself.
When somebody asks you to trade your freedoms for security, it isn't your security they're talking about.
New Not so sure...
Agree with your community college findings. Have not met too many folks this way. And, I'm not one to do the pub scene normally. Thinking of joining a local org that goes hiking on the weekends.

I guess I just found it strange that a story about the best places for singles to meet was somehow "news". :)
New I should add...
...that I am volunteering to help with a couple of local plays. I think that's where my best bets lie.
When somebody asks you to trade your freedoms for security, it isn't your security they're talking about.
New That sounds like a lot of fun
I'm trying to steer myself in that direction. I was active in drama in high school but stayed far away from it in college. Now I want to get back into it again.

Hope you enjoy the experience and make some nice new friends.

Amy
New Here's one of them.
[link|http://www.sexinseattle.org/|http://www.sexinseattle.org/]

They're pretty hilarious - they did a really bizzare takeoff on Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon a few years back.
New instead of being a regular, offer to work cheap
watch what kind of hits the beertender is getting,
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Ah, the Julia Sweeney approach. ;-)
On [link|http://www.thislife.org/|This American Life] last week, they had a show about the allure of crime. [link|http://www.thisamericanlife.org/pages/descriptions/99/135.html|Julia Sweeney] told about working as an assistant bartender at a hotel.

Act One. Your Good Girl's Gonna Go Bad. When she was 21, Julia Sweeney got a job as a bartender's assistant and stole between ten and fifteen thousand dollars in cash. She describes the thrill of stealing, and how she justified her thefts to herself, and, oddest of all, how she became a more religious Roman Catholic during her crime spree. Julia Sweeney is an actress and writer, a former cast member at Saturday Night Live; and star of her autobiographical movie God Said Ha!. (14 minutes)

It's quite funny, and gives some insight as to why and how people convince themselves that what they're doing is fine.

I can't find a transcript, but free audio links are there.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Yeah, heard that the other day.
     Something (not) to be proud of... - (inthane-chan) - (33)
         Hey, that gives you 8 leads to try to track down today! -NT - (ben_tilly) - (4)
             Interesting thought. - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                 Even if you did know last names, they might have changed -NT - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                     And at least two of them have probably left the country. -NT - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                         Given the current misadministration, this might be good. -NT - (ben_tilly)
         Which leads to... - (slugbug) - (27)
             Define "best". - (inthane-chan) - (7)
                 Not so sure... - (slugbug) - (3)
                     I should add... - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                         That sounds like a lot of fun - (imqwerky) - (1)
                             Here's one of them. - (inthane-chan)
                 instead of being a regular, offer to work cheap - (boxley) - (2)
                     Ah, the Julia Sweeney approach. ;-) - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Yeah, heard that the other day. -NT - (inthane-chan)
             Supermarkets? - (Andrew Grygus) - (18)
                 You're at the wrong supermarket. Trust me. -NT - (inthane-chan)
                 a regional thing? - (slugbug) - (16)
                     Well, I'm sure I can come up with . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (15)
                         They're getting either operating instructions or directions. -NT - (jbrabeck) - (14)
                             observations.... - (slugbug) - (13)
                                 I think he was implying . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (12)
                                     Gee, thought the sign wasn't necessary on that one! - (jbrabeck) - (11)
                                         No, not necessary, but.... - (slugbug) - (10)
                                             Here in La Crescenta it's even worse. - (Andrew Grygus)
                                             try atlanta - (boxley)
                                             The worst I've seen was a guy reading a book -NT - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                                                 I see both men and women reading quite often. - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                                                     ICLRPD (new thread) - (jb4)
                                                     gotta get my eyes checked, first reading was transvestite -NT - (boxley)
                                                     I don't normally commute during rush hour - (ben_tilly)
                                                     Yeah, I read on my way to work sometimes. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                                         This brings up cartoon images . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                 I've been behind a guy trying to read a newspaper. - (static)

Na'ghimgor thdid lym.
Myn th'x barsoom lu'gndar.
In'path gix mth'nabor.
In'path nox vel'dekk.
Yig sudeth M'cylorum.
M'xxlit kraddath Soggoth im'betnk.
Nog s'dath blexmed!
165 ms