IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hell, I got rejected by them.
I'm divorced, entered some fairly normal profile information except for a couple eensie-bitsy questions about my involvement (or lack thereof) with my local religious community.

Bang, sorry, can't help you.

Hmm. Didn't want them anyways, just thought it would be funny to see if they'd actually take me.
When somebody asks you to trade your freedoms for security, it isn't your security they're talking about.
New Rejected because of your views, or...
... because you wouldn't enter them?

If it was the former, that's a lot more pernicious than being rejected due to marital status (which I don't find problematic - that's what the service is for).
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New I'm sure it was views.
I didn't enter any weird stuff other than that I had no religious affiliation.

This, I'm sure, comes from their original "claim to fame" - that it supposedly was a Christian-oriented dating site; they've supposedly opened up since then, but I'm sure that the "20%" of people who aren't getting in are non-Christian, or at least are being filtered by the lack of participation in their local church.
When somebody asks you to trade your freedoms for security, it isn't your security they're talking about.
Expand Edited by inthane-chan March 29, 2006, 01:19:50 PM EST
New They can, and should, be sued for that.
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New You aint missing nothing - ask bio
Plus, I got in, but I lied. Was curious if it was really what they say it was or if it was just another meat market like match.com. This was about 2 years ago. Took profile quiz - seemed pretty spot on, but the pairings (totally in trial mode) were really out there.

Like none of them had gone to college.

[link|http://www.blackbagops.net|Black Bag Operations Log]

[link|http://www.objectiveclips.com|Artificial Intelligence]

[link|http://www.badpage.info/seaside/html|Scrutinizer]
New Aware of that.
I also did some googling around - got a couple of interesting comments from women who claimed that the site was some kind of old fat guy hunting ground; that they kept getting paired up with guys 15+ years older than them who looked like Andrew after he hasn't bathed for a week.

Was doing this more out of perverse curiosity than any desire to find a date - I gave up on that about a month ago.
New I got matched with a lot of older men..
..50+. But's that's not a problem for me. I like a mature gentleman.
Follow your MOUSE
New Rules me out
As my ex said to her family after we first met and one of them asked if I wasn't a little old for, "That's ok. He's immature."
-----------------------------------------
Impeach Bush. Impeach Cheney. Do it now.
New I didnt say I disliked immature
I'm an equal opportunity kind of gal, dontchaknow.
Follow your MOUSE
New I suppose you're the type I like
The type that has most of her appendages intact.
New You gotta love a man with low standards.
Follow your MOUSE
New Easy to please. Pleased with easy.

[link|http://www.blackbagops.net|Black Bag Operations Log]

[link|http://www.objectiveclips.com|Artificial Intelligence]

[link|http://www.badpage.info/seaside/html|Scrutinizer]
New Don't forget a full set of teeth XD

"It's never too late to be who you might have been." ~ George Eliot
New Means: Obviously not from Wisconsin (or England)...
jb4
"Every Repbulican who wants to defend Bush on [the expansion of Presidential powers], should be forced to say, 'I wouldn't hesitate to see President Hillary Rodham Clinton have the same authority'."
&mdash an unidentified letter writer to Newsweek on the expansion of executive powers under the Bush administration
New Nah, dentures don't bother me.
New I didnt indicate any religious affiliation and I got in.
I wonder how they screen.

And one of my matches was still married. There were probably others, but I didnt get to know them well enough to bother to find out. The site is expensive and my matches have dwindled down to 1-2/month. It's a racket. If my soul mate is out there, he's not on eharmony. You're better off being rejected, my friend.
Follow your MOUSE
New You're a chick (in case you haven't noticed)...
I suspect the ratio of uncoupled males to uncoupled females is rather skewed....
jb4
"Every Repbulican who wants to defend Bush on [the expansion of Presidential powers], should be forced to say, 'I wouldn't hesitate to see President Hillary Rodham Clinton have the same authority'."
&mdash an unidentified letter writer to Newsweek on the expansion of executive powers under the Bush administration
New Just like "Ladies Night" at a bar
the women get in free, the bar promotes that a lot of women are there, and men pay the cover charge to get in, just for the opportunity to buy drinks for women and get rejected.
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New Except on this site, I have to pay the cover, too.
Everyone gets the shaft.

I've had my fair share of rejections. Scary-serial-killer-doctor-guy rejected me before I got to reject him, citing "I dont think the chemistry is there".

I have people rejecting me who dont even know me.

That's a little harsh.
Follow your MOUSE
New ICLRPD (new thread)
Created as new thread #249857 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=249857|ICLRPD]
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New "Everyone gets the shaft"?
Yeah, but for you ladies, isn't that what you're there for?

Ba-dum TISh, tip your waitress, etc, etc.

Bio writes:
I've had my fair share of rejections. Scary-serial-killer-doctor-guy rejected me before I got to reject him, citing "I dont think the chemistry is there".

I have people rejecting me who dont even know me.

That's a little harsh.
Uuh... Correct me if I remember wrong, but didn't you just say that YOU were about to reject HIM?

And that's NOT "a little harsh", or what? So, are you saying you knew him any better than he knew you?

Maybe HE thought YOU looked like a serial-killer-chick?

(Oh well, maybe you should just call me Owl and be done with it: "I miss sarcasm a lot"?)

(Actually, speaking seriously for a moment, I thought that he looked pretty darn normal, judging just from that one photo. He projected an air of, if anything, someone to be taken a bit more seriously because of what you apparently saw as a major flaw -- namely, not showing off his dental work in a big ["shit-eating"] open-mouthed grin. A bit like that "make your own Dubya" site someone linked to recently; it had options called something like "normal smile" and "closed-mouthed smile", where we Europeans -- at least we Northern Europeans -- would call them "open-mouthed grin" and "normal smile", respectively.)

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Yes Mr. Garrison, genetic engineering lets us correct God's horrible, horrible mistakes, like German people. - [link|http://maxpages.com/southpark2k/Episode_105|Mr. Hat]
     File this under "Get a clue" - (lincoln) - (21)
         Hell, I got rejected by them. - (inthane-chan) - (20)
             Rejected because of your views, or... - (admin) - (2)
                 I'm sure it was views. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                     They can, and should, be sued for that. -NT - (ben_tilly)
             You aint missing nothing - ask bio - (tuberculosis) - (10)
                 Aware of that. - (inthane-chan) - (9)
                     I got matched with a lot of older men.. - (bionerd) - (8)
                         Rules me out - (Silverlock) - (7)
                             I didnt say I disliked immature - (bionerd) - (6)
                                 I suppose you're the type I like - (Silverlock) - (5)
                                     You gotta love a man with low standards. -NT - (bionerd) - (1)
                                         Easy to please. Pleased with easy. -NT - (tuberculosis)
                                     Don't forget a full set of teeth XD -NT - (imqwerky) - (2)
                                         Means: Obviously not from Wisconsin (or England)... -NT - (jb4)
                                         Nah, dentures don't bother me. -NT - (Silverlock)
             I didnt indicate any religious affiliation and I got in. - (bionerd) - (5)
                 You're a chick (in case you haven't noticed)... - (jb4) - (4)
                     Just like "Ladies Night" at a bar - (lincoln) - (3)
                         Except on this site, I have to pay the cover, too. - (bionerd) - (2)
                             ICLRPD (new thread) - (lincoln)
                             "Everyone gets the shaft"? - (CRConrad)

We have wet blue cow.
74 ms