IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Define "sensible"
Your "sensible" could well be my "completely ludicrous."
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Possible. Likely, even.
I have a feeling that your "sensible" is my "absurd"...

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Balance of power
The trick is to setup a balance of power, so that the company has good reason to negotiate with the union but neither side is at the others mercy. If the company really feels that the unions demands are too much then it need to be able to replace the union employees, but at the same time companies can't be in a posistion to fire union people simply because they don't like dealing with the union.

I don't have any brilliant ideas about how to create that balance though.

Jay
     Yet more depressing news on the globalization front. - (Another Scott) - (24)
         Re: Yet more depressing news on the globalization front. - (JayMehaffey) - (3)
             Define "sensible" - (Yendor) - (2)
                 Possible. Likely, even. - (ben_tilly)
                 Balance of power - (JayMehaffey)
         Yup, it really *is* a global issue - (drewk) - (14)
             They'd say "Gimme a ticket for an aeroplane..." - (jb4) - (13)
                 Ain't got time to take a fast train - (drewk) - (12)
                     Long Train Runnin' -NT - (cforde) - (11)
                         Train, Train! -NT - (jb4)
                         Chatanooga Choo-Choo -NT - (jbrabeck) - (9)
                             Midnight Train to Georgia -NT - (jb4) - (8)
                                 I've been workin' on the railroad -NT - (jbrabeck) - (7)
                                     I hear that train a comin'... -NT - (jbrabeck) - (6)
                                         I'm the train they call The City of New Orleans, -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                                             This train is bound for glory, this train. -NT - (imqwerky) - (4)
                                                 Peace Train -NT - (cforde) - (3)
                                                     People get ready, there's a train a-commin' -NT - (jb4) - (2)
                                                         Go branch to test. -NT - (broomberg) - (1)
                                                             Thank you. -NT - (Silverlock)
         Learn a trade - (tuberculosis) - (4)
             No, they'll just import Indian plumbers. :-( -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 No, Polish - (drewk) - (2)
                     I've been meaning to ask CRC his experience in .fi - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         I hear Estonia has no more doctors or construction workers. - (CRConrad)

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
92 ms