IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New apt-get install libmime-lite-perl
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Installed; still no workee. Spew attached
/var/lj# apachectl configtest\nUse of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /var/lj/cgi-bin/ljdefaults.pl line 43.\nUse of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /var/lj/cgi-bin/ljdefaults.pl line 56.\n[Wed Mar  1 13:09:27 2006] [error] Can't locate /var/lj/cgi-bin/ljconfig.pl in \n@INC (@INC contains: /var/lj/cgi-bin /var/lj/src/s2 /etc/perl \n/usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.4 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl5 \n/usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl \n. /etc/apache/ /etc/apache/lib/perl) at /var/lj/cgi-bin/cleanhtml.pl line \n8.\\nCompilation failed in require at /var/lj/cgi-bin/ljpoll.pl line \n9.\\nCompilation failed in require at /var/lj/cgi-bin/ljlib.pl line \n30.\\nCompilation failed in require at /var/lj/cgi-bin/Apache/LiveJournal.pm line\n18.\\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/lj/cgi-bin/Apache/LiveJournal.pm \nline 24.\\nCompilation failed in require at /var/lj/cgi-bin/modperl.pl line \n7.\\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/lj/cgi-bin/modperl.pl line \n7.\\nCompilation failed in require at (eval 4) line 1.\\n\nSyntax error on line 1063 of /etc/apache/httpd.conf:\nCan't locate /var/lj/cgi-bin/ljconfig.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /var/lj/cgi-bin\n/var/lj/src/s2 /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.4 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4 \n/usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 \n/usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache/ /etc/apache/lib/perl) at \n/var/lj/cgi-bin/cleanhtml.pl line 8.\nCompilation failed in require at /var/lj/cgi-bin/ljpoll.pl line 9.\nCompilation failed in require at /var/lj/cgi-bin/ljlib.pl line 30.\nCompilation failed in require at /var/lj/cgi-bin/Apache/LiveJournal.pm line 18.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/lj/cgi-bin/Apache/LiveJournal.pm line 24.\nCompilation failed in require at /var/lj/cgi-bin/modperl.pl line 7.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/lj/cgi-bin/modperl.pl line 7.\nCompilation failed in require at (eval 4) line 1.

Now, that DID install something, and the spew is different, so...
When somebody asks you to trade your freedoms for security, it isn't your security they're talking about.
New That is boneheaded of them
Can't locate /var/lj/cgi-bin/ljconfig.pl in
@INC (@INC contains: /var/lj/cgi-bin /var/lj/src/s2 /etc/perl
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.4 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl5
/usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl
. /etc/apache/ /etc/apache/lib/perl) at /var/lj/cgi-bin/cleanhtml.pl line

They are looking for /var/lj/cgi-bin/ljconfig.pl starting at any directory in the list that they gave you for @INC.

Assuming that /var/lj/cgi-bin/ljconfig.pl exists, either figure out how to tell them that they should look for ljconfig.pl in @INC, or else add "/" to @INC. (You can do the latter by setting the PERL5LIB environment variable, but having / in @INC sounds to me like a pretty bad idea.)

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Re: That is boneheaded of them
Perhaps another way to go about this (and Ben should be able to confirm or deny...)

/var/lj/cgi-bin/cleanhtml.pl line 8.
If you look at that file, I bet it'll have some kind of use or require statement on line 8. My Perl's a bit rusty, so I forget which is more likely.

Anyway, I would think that some fiddling with that line might be able to get you past this particular error and onto the next one.

In general, though, I agree with Ben. Sounds like their code is possibly a bit boned in the head.
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
New I've started from the top down...
The first two errors are:

Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /var/lj/cgi-bin/ljdefaults.pl line 43.\nUse of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /var/lj/cgi-bin/ljdefaults.pl line 56.

43 is:
$SITEROOT ||= "[link|http://www.$DOMAIN:8011|http://www.$DOMAIN:8011]";

56 is:
$COOKIE_DOMAIN ||= ".$DOMAIN";

So, based on that, I'd say the $DOMAIN string isn't getting set somewhere.

Also, Ben is right - there is no ljconfig.pl file there at all. :P Now, I'm poking around in the folder, and find a file in /var/lj/doc named ljconfig.pl.txt, with the following text:

# LiveJournal configuration file.  Copy this out of the documentation\n# directory to cgi-bin/ljconfig.pl and edit as necessary.  The reason\n# it's not in the cgi-bin directory already is to protect it from\n# getting clobbered when you upgrade to the newest LiveJournal code in\n# the future.\n\n# This should be the only file you need to change to get the\n# LiveJournal code to run on your site.  If not, it's considered a bug\n# and you should report it.

:P
When somebody asks you to trade your freedoms for security, it isn't your security they're talking about.
New New set of spew.
/var/lj/doc/raw# apachectl configtest\n[Wed Mar  1 14:13:09 2006] [error] Can't locate Unicode/MapUTF8.pm in @INC (@INC \ncontains: /var/lj/cgi-bin /var/lj/src/s2 /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.4 \n/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 \n/usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache/ \n/etc/apache/lib/perl) at /var/lj/cgi-bin/ljprotocol.pl line 5.\\nBEGIN \nfailed--compilation aborted at /var/lj/cgi-bin/ljprotocol.pl line \n5.\\nCompilation failed in require at /var/lj/cgi-bin/Apache/LiveJournal.pm line \n20.\\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/lj/cgi-bin/Apache/LiveJournal.pm \nline 24.\\nCompilation failed in require at /var/lj/cgi-bin/modperl.pl line \n7.\\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/lj/cgi-bin/modperl.pl line \n7.\\nCompilation failed in require at (eval 4) line 1.\\n\nSyntax error on line 1063 of /etc/apache/httpd.conf:\nCan't locate Unicode/MapUTF8.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /var/lj/cgi-bin \n/var/lj/src/s2 /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.4 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4 \n/usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 \n/usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache/ /etc/apache/lib/perl) at \n/var/lj/cgi-bin/ljprotocol.pl line 5.\n\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/lj/cgi-bin/ljprotocol.pl line 5.\nCompilation failed in require at /var/lj/cgi-bin/Apache/LiveJournal.pm line 20.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/lj/cgi-bin/Apache/LiveJournal.pm line 24.\nCompilation failed in require at /var/lj/cgi-bin/modperl.pl line 7.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/lj/cgi-bin/modperl.pl line 7.\nCompilation failed in require at (eval 4) line 1.
New apt-get install libunicode-maputf8-perl
You should notice a theme here.

Your error says:
[error] Can't locate Unicode/MapUTF8.pm in @INC
I respond with:

apt-get install libunicode-maputf8-perl.

"Can't locate A/B.pm in @INC" ==> apt-get install liba-b-perl (note usage of case.)

Update: Alternately, you could be installing these from the CPAN shell (as root, run perl -MCPAN -e shell), and doing it all that way. But if you're on Debian already...Why? It's all handled for you with the lib*-*-perl packages.
-YendorMike

Expand Edited by Yendor March 1, 2006, 05:23:59 PM EST
New It's kind of funny I'm running into this...
...they have a massive list of packages for Debian users that are supposed to be installed; I installed them (perl, mostly) and they all installed without errors.

Guess they need to update their directions. :P
     Apache 1.3 configuration assistance requested (LiveJournal) - (inthane-chan) - (8)
         apt-get install libmime-lite-perl -NT - (Yendor) - (7)
             Installed; still no workee. Spew attached - (inthane-chan) - (6)
                 That is boneheaded of them - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                     Re: That is boneheaded of them - (Yendor) - (4)
                         I've started from the top down... - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                             New set of spew. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                                 apt-get install libunicode-maputf8-perl - (Yendor) - (1)
                                     It's kind of funny I'm running into this... - (inthane-chan)

___oO0Oo___play Zarathustra chords___oO0Oo___
98 ms