IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Does red wine cause any of y'all to sneeze?
Because if it doesn't, I think I've found my first allergy. If this is the case, I need immunity therapy. Badly.
-----------------------------------------

NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency may have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice, and certainly without probable cause. They may do this without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no recourse nor protection save to call for the impeachment of the current President.

-Put it on all your emails
New Negatory
Taken in quantity, however, it causes me to become overly talkative. Next progression is dizzy. Then unstable. Finally followed by tired.
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New It might be the sulfites (preservative).
I'm pretty sure I'm alergic to the sulfites in wine. I feel a slight swelling in my throat at times when drinking some wines.

The amount of sulfites varies - reds generally have less than whites.

[link|http://www.beekmanwine.com/prevtopbd.htm|Linky].

It would be a good excuse to either buy fresh wine or make your own. :-)

Hope you get it figured out.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Only if . . .
. . it's heating on the stove with a whole lot of chili peppers in it.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Yes!
The first couple of sips trigger sneezes. Then I'm fine. I wouldnt call it an allergy (at least not for me). I think its something in the aroma when I hold the glass up to take a sip. Or maybe something to do with the texture of the wine in my mouth and how it affects my nerves. I dont know. Seems to happen with a shiraz more than a merlot.
Weird, huh?
Follow your MOUSE
New does greek retsina have the same effect? try that instead
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Blech. I wouldn't notice sneezing for all the retching.
Vile stuff.

NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency may have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice, and certainly without probable cause. They may do this without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no recourse nor protection save to call for the impeachment of the current President.

New Me, no. My mother, yes.
Its likely the sulfites. Buy better red wines :-) Top vat reds have less.

You also want to make sure they don't add any more, as some do.

Do you have problems with salad bars?? Another source of sulfites.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New My wife sneezes when drinking cheap reds
Many of the low-end wine producers overdose their reds with sulfites.
New I have no problems with salad bars
I find them easily avoidable.

New Red wine, no. The transition from dark to sunlight, yes.
But that's been discussed here before. Somewhere.

I prefer white to red mostly with gwertzakermumble being my favourite grape since it tends to be sweeter. Gah, I had a savigaun blanc on Friday by some chick* named Kim from New Zealand that tasted like worn gym socks! My girlfriend thinks it's just prickly pear or some sort of pear and something else. That may very well be the case but they definitely used worn gym socks at some point during a filtering stage!

* I presume it's a chick. I know Kim can also be a guy's name but that tends to be less common.
lister
Expand Edited by lister Jan. 30, 2006, 02:25:50 PM EST
New :-D
New That would've been talking about BeePBash
Coming up from Jonestown.
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New Ode to Reginald Perrin
Worn gym socks?

Bolivian Unicyclist's jockstrap!

Now, there is a man's fragrance/ flavor! The new wine color: Grey

Peace!
Amy

"It's never too late to be who you might have been." ~ George Eliot
New No.
But barbecue sauce used to make my mum's cat sneeze. He's since passed on, but that's one of my funniest memories of him.

Wade.
"Insert crowbar. Apply force."
     Does red wine cause any of y'all to sneeze? - (Silverlock) - (14)
         Negatory - (Yendor)
         It might be the sulfites (preservative). - (Another Scott)
         Only if . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Yes! - (bionerd)
         does greek retsina have the same effect? try that instead -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             Blech. I wouldn't notice sneezing for all the retching. - (Silverlock)
         Me, no. My mother, yes. - (bepatient) - (2)
             My wife sneezes when drinking cheap reds - (dws)
             I have no problems with salad bars - (Silverlock)
         Red wine, no. The transition from dark to sunlight, yes. - (lister) - (3)
             :-D -NT - (Another Scott)
             That would've been talking about BeePBash - (drewk)
             Ode to Reginald Perrin - (imqwerky)
         No. - (static)

Sheep. Hmm.
125 ms