IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Carefully, indeed.
I guess every father of a daughter goes through this. In the last year my eldest and I have grown quite apart. The youngest (now 13) was always mommy's and the eldest was always daddy's - not our choice - theirs. Now roles have completely flip-flopped. I'm sure I'll lose the other one in a couple of years as well. I'll admit I'm not handling adolescence in my eldest very well.
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
New Parental Goal
As dad to 5 daughters the goal is:

They turn 18 and graduate high school; sober, clean (not strung out on drugs) and without providing us with grandchild.

Anything else is a bonus.

3 down, 2 left.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
New My airport manager's advice.
Was talking to him about raising kids. He said, "Don't worry too much about not giving them enough, not being there for them enough, etc. They're going to grow up and hate you anyway, so why worry?" :-)
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
New :-)
New My friend Kevin's idea
"Well, they'll need therapy anyway, I am here just make sure they won't waste their money"

------

179. I will not outsource core functions.
--
[link|http://omega.med.yale.edu/~pcy5/misc/overlord2.htm|.]

New :-)
New As Chris Rock says, "Keep her off the pole!"
Expand Edited by n3jja Nov. 15, 2005, 06:55:15 PM EST
     hoosier's dont know how a condom works - (boxley) - (17)
         Why should sex ed be any different from the rest of ed here? - (mmoffitt) - (12)
             well "ed" is a notional thingy - (boxley) - (7)
                 Carefully, indeed. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                     Parental Goal - (jbrabeck) - (5)
                         My airport manager's advice. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                             :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                             My friend Kevin's idea - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                 :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                         As Chris Rock says, "Keep her off the pole!" -NT - (n3jja)
             Re: Why should sex ed be any different - (Ashton) - (3)
                 Translation: Run! Get out while you can! Etc...! -NT - (jb4)
                 Once in a while, you run into a progressive. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     Well, below you are always many - (Ashton)
         I have a question... - (jbrabeck) - (2)
             Put on post, took off pre. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 Wear it all day, take off for sex... -NT - (jbrabeck)
         Re: hoosier's dont know how a condom works - (jake123)

Mmm... flame-roasted newbie...
85 ms