IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Update your family members on spam policies
So my wife-to-be is an eBayer.

Last night she got an email "from eBay" asking her to update her information. She...did so.

Even though my local SpamAssassin marked the email as spam.

Fortunately, she told me about it this morning when we were walking home from taking the kids to school.

We changed her eBay password this morning. I also showed her how easy it is to spoof things like the ebay website. I did this by going to the spoof site, copying the HTML source, and putting it in a file on my webserver locally. We then went to that page on my webserver, and lo and behold, it looked exactly the same.

She says she ignored the "spam" warning because "it has marked other things as spam that she wanted." Like emails from friends that are forwarded-15-gazillion-times.

I take privacy very seriously. I have just been reminded that our family members might not be as up-to-date on the latest security procedures as we the general IWT populace are. Please take the time to remind your family about ignoring those kinds of emails. It might just save you some heartache down the road.
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Very excellent Idea. Good job on reminding
how close to HOME these things can be.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
SELECT * FROM scog WHERE ethics > 0;\n\n0 rows returned.
New Urgent Message for You!!!
Please, if you could assist me in transfering....

Amy got caught by a phishing scam a couple of years back. Fortunately, they just wanted the password for spamming purposes - emails for male organ enlargement. Think she learnt her lesson.

New Amy! Shame on you!
Jesus was a star last week.
Now he's tending bar on Melrose.
Welcome to Hollywood.
New Hey! Lots of people send me E-Kisses!
:-D

It was around Valentine's Day. Thought the Critterman was being romantic.

Mea Culpa!

Peace,
Amy

Oh Freddled Gruntbuggly!
New Those damn things are the biggest source of spam...
My wife's relatives in the Phillipines love sending those things.

I also have noticed that whenever we get one of those, the amount of spam we get goes up for a couple months afterwards...
When somebody asks you to trade your security for freedom, it isn't your freedom they're talking about.
New Proves you're loved. ;-)
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
New My wife got caught last night also
Same message, and she updated, including providing cc # and the number from back. Luckily I got there just after it was sent. Called cc company, changed ebay id, new password, went though every account where she has email id and password and changed all the passwords.

Took a while, hope she learned.

ot: Amy not satisfied with critter? ;-)
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
New OT
ROFL!

He found out I got phished when he ordered the miracle drug. Ha Ha!

NOT!

Whoopee!
Amy

Oh Freddled Gruntbuggly!
New OT
Lets all get phished. The miracle drug is only a drug if you cant do without it and only a miracle if you can. See if I dont
mosh
New welcome hairyone, do you view in X?
in case you were an old hand revisiting,
thanx,
bill
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New OT
> ROFL!
>
> He found out I got phished when he ordered the miracle drug. Ha Ha!
>
> NOT!
>
>
> Whoopee!
> Amy
>
Oh Freddled Gruntbuggly!
Lets all get phished. The miracle drug is only a drug if you cant do without it and only a miracle if you can. See if I dont
mosh
New Hello, Hairy One
Welcome to the board.

Peace,
Amy

"It's never too late to be who you might have been." ~ George Eliot
New SmugLRPD: This is leading up to dirtsnakes, I can tell...

New These things don't happen to people....
whose email programs don't support HTML. PMMail/2 on OS/2 strips all HTML from message views.

I've gotten several phishing attempts, but the URLs are always the correct ones because PMMail/2 doesn't allow the HTML tricks these people try to use.

I can, however, view these emails in Firefox to see where the URL is being redirected to.
New I have several clients using PMMail for Windows.
Not completely bug proof, but pretty good compared to the Outlook Worm Installer.

Of course I use PMMail/2 for OS/2 and open anything I want with impunity. Used to find some interesting junk in there but my ISP filters most of it out now.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     Update your family members on spam policies - (Yendor) - (15)
         Very excellent Idea. Good job on reminding - (folkert)
         Urgent Message for You!!! - (ChrisR) - (4)
             Amy! Shame on you! -NT - (bionerd) - (3)
                 Hey! Lots of people send me E-Kisses! - (imqwerky) - (2)
                     Those damn things are the biggest source of spam... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                         Proves you're loved. ;-) -NT - (jbrabeck)
         My wife got caught last night also - (jbrabeck) - (5)
             OT - (imqwerky) - (4)
                 OT - (thehairyone) - (1)
                     welcome hairyone, do you view in X? - (boxley)
                 OT - (thehairyone) - (1)
                     Hello, Hairy One - (imqwerky)
         SmugLRPD: This is leading up to dirtsnakes, I can tell... -NT - (Ashton)
         These things don't happen to people.... - (n3jja) - (1)
             I have several clients using PMMail for Windows. - (Andrew Grygus)

Wow. The score is tied. It's so exhilarating.
110 ms