When I picked up my Sprite (ordered through the Vincent dealer there - dealt with for several years) .. I hied self to Lucas' Main HQ. The very definition of POSH - red velvet, etc. - They Wouldn't! let me take a pic of the insides!! (Really) Baad PR I guess they thought - to see where the \ufffd\ufffd really went.

I wanted a 'travel spares kit' - ie: you pay a deposit; on return get \ufffd\ufffd back! less items used/warrantied. (A rather sweet offering, I thought) One of the honchos was curious about this young Yank, so took me to a pub for lunch + my edification. I did not do any of the Prince/Darkness dance, natch - wasn't That 'young' ;-) Adventure!

Bottom line: around Euro, Alps (Grossglockner Pass) through Monte Carlo TT (watching, of course) etc. - Nothing Broke! Ditto across US from NY --> CA at sustained 75ish, (with a couple Donald Healy exhaust mods was all.) The Miata merely tries to be a Sprite.

Drove a TR-2 around a bit - a friend's. But if what you want is Punishment:
ever ride in a Morgan? {ugh} as saying went, finds every bump in the road and hits it hard as it can.

Hey, we're Survivors! (screw those pretty boys n'gurrlz on them silly islands and ersatz fearz)