IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The 2002tii has always been my favorite. 47 kB .img.
[image|http://membres.lycos.fr/fred63/modeles/2002tii/2002tii.jpg|0|BMW 2002tii|444|700]

The [link|http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=103148|original 5 series] was a scaled-up version.

Cheers,
Scott.

New I remember when one of my clients bought one.
He noticed some front end shimmy and the dealer told him they'd fix that. He talked to another owner who assured him, "No they won't fix it, they all do that and they can't fix it".
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New I had a 1600 cabriolet
[link|http://www.motorbase.com/vehicle/by-id/444/gallery.ehtml|http://www.motorbase...444/gallery.ehtml]

I bought it wrecked and fixed it in my spare time. Had about $600 in it total (this would be around 1975; wasn't close to new then.) It was fun. Not a lot of power by today's standards, but it would scoot around town. Girls liked riding in it. I suspect that they're better now.
I also had a TR-3 with a TR-2 nose that I raced at Nelson's Ledges (a local sport car track.) I couldn't get girls to ride in that one; it rode like a cement truck, had a bad heater and electrics by Father of Darkness* causing it to stop running at night occasionally. I was going to put in the Mallory replacment when I rolled it once too often... oh well.

*Lucas Electric
New Et tu?
When I picked up my Sprite (ordered through the Vincent dealer there - dealt with for several years) .. I hied self to Lucas' Main HQ. The very definition of POSH - red velvet, etc. - They Wouldn't! let me take a pic of the insides!! (Really) Baad PR I guess they thought - to see where the \ufffd\ufffd really went.

I wanted a 'travel spares kit' - ie: you pay a deposit; on return get \ufffd\ufffd back! less items used/warrantied. (A rather sweet offering, I thought) One of the honchos was curious about this young Yank, so took me to a pub for lunch + my edification. I did not do any of the Prince/Darkness dance, natch - wasn't That 'young' ;-) Adventure!

Bottom line: around Euro, Alps (Grossglockner Pass) through Monte Carlo TT (watching, of course) etc. - Nothing Broke! Ditto across US from NY --> CA at sustained 75ish, (with a couple Donald Healy exhaust mods was all.) The Miata merely tries to be a Sprite.

Drove a TR-2 around a bit - a friend's. But if what you want is Punishment:
ever ride in a Morgan? {ugh} as saying went, finds every bump in the road and hits it hard as it can.

Hey, we're Survivors! (screw those pretty boys n'gurrlz on them silly islands and ersatz fearz)

Now, this is how... - (bepatient) - (33)
         wooohoooo!! -NT - (cforde)
         I've heard of stopping on a dime, but... -NT - (ben_tilly)
         Yowza! -NT - (imric)
         And Peter says FWD is crap. His Al-Ro coldn't do that. :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
             True... - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 That's what sun roofs are for. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Why would you want an auto boot? - (tonytib)
                 IIRC "boot" == trunk for we Colonials.... - (jb4)
         Here was your chance - with an Original Mini - - (Ashton) - (20)
             Unfortunately . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Had only heard vaguely of that crash - - (Ashton)
             What, you think you're the only guy ever lusted after - (drewk) - (17)
                 Current object of desire (164k image, may cause drooling) - (pwhysall) - (11)
                     About as lust-inducing as a refridgerator on wheels - (drewk) - (2)
                         Bah, Americans. -NT - (pwhysall)
                         must agree - cookie tin on wheels - (tuberculosis)
                     Yup, I'm drooling - but at the 7, not the 3. -NT - (CRConrad) - (6)
                         The 5 is the car - (bepatient) - (5)
                             The least ugly of the Bangle Beamers, IMO. -NT - (Meerkat)
                             The 2002tii has always been my favorite. 47 kB .img. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                 I remember when one of my clients bought one. - (Andrew Grygus)
                                 I had a 1600 cabriolet - (hnick) - (1)
                                     Et tu? - (Ashton)
                     It's very White! (er, like mine) - (Ashton)
                 Sorry-but - there's Enough TLA mind-rot around. - (Ashton) - (4)
                     Lessee now - (drewk) - (3)
                         ..you smart college guys - (Ashton) - (2)
                             Thing I wanna see - (drewk) - (1)
                                 Re: Thing I wanna see - (Ashton)
         I used to own a Mini. -NT - (static)
         What the fsck was THAT!?! - (jb4)
         Bill, the car thing is ummm... but did you check out - (danreck) - (1)
             pretty impressive -NT - (bepatient)

I love RedBrick, it's the only database I've met than can consistently give different results for
Select count(*) from table
versus
select count(*) from table where 1=1
66 ms