IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You do what you know how to do
This administration knows how to detain people.

That said I can kind of see the rationale. You have here a huge disaster and a ton of people who are going to get lots of aid. There are lots of people who weren't in the disaster who might want on the gravy train, and they are trying to keep them out.

But still I can't help wondering what their biggest fear here might be. Could it be that actual Katrina survivors will get real jobs and integrate themselves into other communities? As boxley could easily point out, this wouldn't be the first time that the Federal government has forced large groups of people to become needy so that the government can then feel justified in having a bureaucracy built around providing for their needs.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Reports of job providers being turned away from camps
in Colorado, a construction contractor showed up at the relief camp set up at Lowery AFB looking for 2 workers - willing to train - good rates. Denied access at the gate.

I don't get it. Seems like we'd want them to get onto their own feet fast lest we create a new welfare based status quo.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 12:43:02 PM EDT
     Katrina Refugee Camps Locked Down - (tuberculosis) - (13)
         And it will probably get worse - (JayMehaffey)
         This part disgusts me. (From second link) - (inthane-chan) - (4)
             Interment Camps, v2.0 -NT - (jb4)
             Well, they'll iron out the wrinkles, I'm sure - (GBert) - (1)
                 Tracking? Hey it's All about I.D. (no, not That one) __RFID - (Ashton)
             LOL... - (Simon_Jester)
         You do what you know how to do - (ben_tilly) - (1)
             Reports of job providers being turned away from camps - (tuberculosis)
         fun in Florida too - (SpiceWare) - (3)
             Mighty chrustian of them -NT - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                 yea, they cried and apologised and did it anyway -NT - (boxley)
             These 'associations' are known as Grated Communities -NT - (Ashton)
         Surely some room at that day-camp, 'Pelican Bay', isn't it? -NT - (Ashton)