IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Atkins causes ketosis
One of the symptoms of which is really, really, REALLY bad breath. Could you be smelling your own breath?
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Ketosis info
[link|http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/en.asp?TopicID=274|http://www.nhsdirect...n.asp?TopicID=274]

Peter
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu Linux]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
New Good link
Thanks
New Ketosis produces acetone
Which is probably what you're smelling. It smells like nail polish remover. Other things to consider- are you diabetic? Any changes in meds recently?

Also, do other people smell it, or just you? There are lots of things that can cause a change in your perception of smell. If your sense of smell is out of whack, get it checked out.

Schizophrenia also produces a change in body odor, but there's no evidence of schizophrenia in your posts, unless you're hiding it really, really well. ;-)
New Perfect
I thought there was a link, but now I am SURE of it.
Thanks.

Not diabetic.
Mild change in meds about a month ago, bextra to relafen+nexium.

Smell just started 3 days ago, the EXACT same time as the diet + 1 day, ie: as I went into ketosis.

No one else smells it, it's all in me.
It fluctuates, just like the ketosis strips.
Hey, I can stop buying them and judge based on smell.

I am VERY sensitive to acetone.
I HATE IT!
I can't be in the same room (or several room away) when my wife or daughter uses it.

And as you've pointed out before, while I'm probably not schizo I do have some interesting personality issues that you'd like to explore.

New I dont think issues is what she is lacking
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Bad breath
As per linky:

The ketones released commonly give your breath a sweet, fruity smell that may be mistaken for alcohol.

You don't like sweet fruity breath?

But yes, based on further analysis, I agree it's probably my breath. I really HATE acetone, and this seems to be triggering the same nerves!
New Ever had a whiff of MEK?
Methyl ethyl ketone.. wondering if you'd have the same / more? of a reaction to it.
(Might offer a clue to a er biologist who also didn't flunk chemistry.)

Great degreaser of all sorts of organics. Bodies have lots of organics. QED re both ketones (and most, I wot).
{Ugly} that MEK, to my senses. And since [link|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetone| Acetone] (dimethyl ketone) is almost as vicious to liver et al.. sounds as if your 'senses' are doing a fine job of warning you. Give 'em an A+
Can you get the nail-polish folk to do it Outside, for their health as well as yours?

We have Sooo Muchhh rilly Noxious crap / by the tank-car / all around us - I don't see how that genie will ever get put back in the bottle. (Except maybe post-Apocalypse and all.) Zero-Concern for any effects beyond the Quarterly Bottom Line would appear to be the terminal incendiary device within vulture capitalism / or maybe an entire Planet; but I digress.

New Don't know.
New heavy amphetamine users have that odor
called hog sweat by the neanderthsls ketamine burn. Usually a good indicstor of time to ease off. Usually a 5th of scotch followed by about 50 milligrams of valium would ease you back to normality.
thanx,
bill
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New So you've heard, right?
Box, you are a wealth of knowledge! Better living thru chemistry, mate!

We had a friend that was a LEEETLE bit too knowledgeable about meth. Critter's mom was telling him about a guy who got arrested in his hometown for running a lab. She had a hard time spitting out what kind of lab and our friend blurts out, "Oh, you mean methamphetamine hydrochloride?"

His mom gave him a funny look.

" Or so I've heard," he said, trying to cover his ass.

Critter and I damn near died from trying not to laugh.

Good times. Good times.

Peace,
Amy

" I tend to believe the great voices of peace throughout history {were} right, and this voice from this little hamlet here in Texas is absolutely wrong. The world is watching what you do here. It is important that you be calm, that you be peaceful, but you be firm. My grandmother {used to} say, \ufffdFight them \ufffdtil hell freezes over, and when hell freezes over, fight them on the ice.\ufffd

Dallas Reverend Peter Johnson, former staff member of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference.
     Smells - it's back. - (broomberg) - (14)
         Russian study? - (Ashton) - (1)
             Her a great interview on NPR - (broomberg)
         Stop eating roadkill then, dummy! -NT - (bepatient)
         Atkins causes ketosis - (Yendor) - (10)
             Ketosis info - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 Good link - (broomberg)
             Ketosis produces acetone - (bionerd) - (2)
                 Perfect - (broomberg) - (1)
                     I dont think issues is what she is lacking -NT - (boxley)
             Bad breath - (broomberg) - (4)
                 Ever had a whiff of MEK? - (Ashton) - (3)
                     Don't know. -NT - (broomberg) - (2)
                         heavy amphetamine users have that odor - (boxley) - (1)
                             So you've heard, right? - (imqwerky)

Back off, man! I'm a scientist!
53 ms