IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: It's not clear that Iran has that right.
Though there is some problems in the language of the NPT, the clear reading of the text is they only have rights under Article IV if they comply with the rest of the treaty - including Article III.

No country has actually followed the treaty perfectly. I'm not a legal expert, but from everything I have read, nobody close to the situation feels that they can point to a violation of any significance. The IAEA says that they have no evidence that Iran is trying to build a bomb. Even the US says that they expect Iran to need another decade before they can build a bomb.

As much as Iran refining nuclear material makes us nervious, we can't invade simply only a strong theory that Iran is building a bomb. Heck, the US government claimed much stronger evidence before the invasion of Iraq and look how many WMDs they turned up.

I heard someone on a news show (maybe on the BBC) say that it only makes sense for a country to have its own uranium reprocessing facilities if it has more than 40 reactors. The facilities are expensive to run, and it makes much more sense to buy/lease uranium for power reactors from other countries.

Only if you trust those countries. If your depending on another country for nuclear fuel, they have a big stick to hold over your head.

Jay
New Your last sentence is very ironic
Or at least becomes so if you remove the word "nuclear" from it.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
     Keeping the United Nations out of the picture - (marlowe) - (20)
         Time to widen the quaqmire? -NT - (ChrisR)
         Wow. - (inthane-chan)
         ah, the payoff at last - (rcareaga)
         One huge problem with your picture - (JayMehaffey) - (15)
             It's not clear that Iran has that right. - (Another Scott) - (14)
                 'Course that's technically specious, inefficient and - (Ashton) - (10)
                     There are various alternatives... - (Another Scott) - (9)
                         Israel can always bomb the facilities into rubble -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                             Works for me. But have they got the range? - (marlowe) - (4)
                                 they have the range if they need it. -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                     After all, they stole it from us. -NT - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                         Im talking about attitude not equipment - (boxley)
                                 You are sooooo wrong! -NT - (GBert)
                         fissionable sauce for geese, ganders - (rcareaga) - (2)
                             Thanks. I think. :-) - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 {Chortle type=All-on-the-same-page -?-}____finally - (Ashton)
                 That is a white man's treaty -NT - (tuberculosis)
                 Re: It's not clear that Iran has that right. - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                     Your last sentence is very ironic - (ben_tilly)
         Of course, you realize we can't afford THREE wars at once - (tuberculosis)

In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
44 ms