IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Nasty press conference
[link|http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000977098|http://www.editorand...ent_id=1000977098]

Q: Scott, can I ask you this: Did Karl Rove commit a crime?

MCCLELLAN: Again, David, this is a question relating to a ongoing investigation, and you have my response related to the investigation. And I don't think you should read anything into it other than: We're going to continue not to comment on it while it's ongoing.

Q: Do you stand by your statement from the fall of 2003, when you were asked specifically about Karl and Elliot Abrams and Scooter Libby, and you said, "I've gone to each of those gentlemen, and they have told me they are not involved in this"?

MCCLELLAN: And if you will recall, I said that, as part of helping the investigators move forward on the investigation, we're not going to get into commenting on it. That was something I stated back near that time as well.

Q: Scott, this is ridiculous. The notion that you're going to stand before us, after having commented with that level of detail, and tell people watching this that somehow you've decided not to talk. You've got a public record out there. Do you stand by your remarks from that podium or not?

MCCLELLAN: I'm well aware, like you, of what was previously said. And I will be glad to talk about it at the appropriate time. The appropriate time is when the investigation...

Q: (inaudible) when it's appropriate and when it's inappropriate?

MCCLELLAN: If you'll let me finish.

Q: No, you're not finishing. You're not saying anything. You stood at that podium and said that Karl Rove was not involved. And now we find out that he spoke about Joseph Wilson's wife. So don't you owe the American public a fuller explanation. Was he involved or was he not? Because contrary to what you told the American people, he did indeed talk about his wife, didn't he?

MCCLELLAN: There will be a time to talk about this, but now is not the time to talk about it.

Q: Do you think people will accept that, what you're saying today?

MCCLELLAN: Again, I've responded to the question.

QUESTION: You're in a bad spot here, Scott... because after the investigation began -- after the criminal investigation was under way -- you said, October 10th, 2003, "I spoke with those individuals, Rove, Abrams and Libby. As I pointed out, those individuals assured me they were not involved in this," from that podium. That's after the criminal investigation began.

Now that Rove has essentially been caught red-handed peddling this information, all of a sudden you have respect for the sanctity of the criminal investigation?

MCCLELLAN: No, that's not a correct characterization. And I think you are well aware of that.....

And we want to be helpful so that they can get to the bottom of this. Because no one wants to get to the bottom of it more than the president of the United States.

I am well aware of what was said previously. I remember well what was said previously. And at some point I look forward to talking about it. But until the investigation is complete, I'm just not going to do that.

Q: So you're now saying that after you cleared Rove and the others from that podium, then the prosecutors asked you not to speak anymore and since then you haven't.

MCCLELLAN: Again, you're continuing to ask questions relating to an ongoing criminal investigation and I'm just not going to respond to them.

Q: When did they ask you to stop commenting on it, Scott? Can you pin down a date?

MCCLELLAN: Back in that time period.

Q: Well, then the president commented on it nine months later. So was he not following the White House plan?

MCCLELLAN: I appreciate your questions. You can keep asking them, but you have my response.
There's more there too.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New But will this actually get play in the media?
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
     Rove spoke with reporter about Plame - (admin) - (99)
         Nasty press conference - (admin) - (1)
             But will this actually get play in the media? -NT - (ben_tilly)
         But he didn't name names. - (marlowe) - (18)
             Utterly transparent - (JayMehaffey)
             Technicality: "Wilson's Wife" is a pretty fair substitute - (tuberculosis) - (7)
                 The question may well reduce to, - (Ashton) - (6)
                     It's really a moot point. - (jbrabeck) - (5)
                         First, need to convict the president. -NT - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                             President Cheney? <shudder> -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                 And his accomplices - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                     Logic! _____what hath happened to thy sting.. -NT - (Ashton)
                             Else he gets an immediate pardon -NT - (ben_tilly)
             Ah yesss... - (Ashton)
             I know who Marlowe is! parrot party line, check - (boxley) - (6)
                 Nicely done, Box! -NT - (jb4)
                 In defense of my pseudonymity... - (marlowe) - (4)
                     :-) the part that clued me in was a rant about Rove - (boxley) - (1)
                         Just goes to show how low Hannity will stoop - (jb4)
                     Better stay on Rove's good side... - (ChrisR) - (1)
                         Rove would never out me. - (marlowe)
             on not naming names (new thread) - (rcareaga)
         I don't care if he's fired...I want jail time! - (jb4) - (77)
             Good luck. Here's the Wall Street Journal's take... - (hnick) - (10)
                 Anonymous author? - (tuberculosis) - (7)
                     Don't need a name on that one - (JayMehaffey) - (5)
                         Nit but likely not minor - (bepatient) - (1)
                             I guess it's possible - (JayMehaffey)
                         Isn't nepotism a hangable offense? - (ChrisR) - (2)
                             Nah..its ok here. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                 (ref. B. Ebbers) - (jb4)
                     Probably James Taranto - (Another Scott)
                 Did you see "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" on 7/13/05? - (imqwerky) - (1)
                     Linky. - (Another Scott)
             You wont get it becasue he didn't break that law - (bepatient) - (65)
                 How do you pick up the talking points memo so quickly? - (Silverlock) - (9)
                     Prefer to listen to those who wrote the law. - (bepatient) - (8)
                         You're kidding right? - (Silverlock) - (7)
                             You must be - (bepatient) - (6)
                                 C'mon BeeP, you (of all people) know better than that - (jb4) - (2)
                                     And there isn't any - (bepatient) - (1)
                                         But there will be - (jb4)
                                 Let's assume the authors of this piece are non-partisan - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                     That first section is incorrect. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                         Re: That first section is incorrect. - (JayMehaffey)
                 Her classmate disagrees - (tuberculosis) - (54)
                     Lemme get this straight... - (jb4) - (53)
                         Yep - (bepatient) - (52)
                             Maybe we should wait until the grand jury is done? - (Another Scott) - (51)
                                 Reminescent of Whitewater? -NT - (ChrisR)
                                 Why do that? - (bepatient) - (49)
                                     Fits his MO, done it before, leopards, spots, ya ya ya -NT - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                         Yep..and same result should apply. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                             I would add jail -NT - (tuberculosis)
                                     I assume that was pointed at me. - (Silverlock) - (45)
                                         Good assumption - (bepatient) - (44)
                                             "who wrote the law" - (Silverlock) - (43)
                                                 where is the definition of "covert agent"? -NT - (boxley) - (42)
                                                     Try dictionary.com or google or findlaw -NT - (Silverlock) - (41)
                                                         lets ask the cia - (boxley) - (40)
                                                             Already been discounted - (Silverlock) - (39)
                                                                 Here - (bepatient) - (38)
                                                                     That definition might fit. - (ben_tilly) - (37)
                                                                         Ah, the key... - (Simon_Jester) - (36)
                                                                             The ripple effect is huge - (broomberg) - (3)
                                                                                 And there is no question... - (ben_tilly)
                                                                                 Watching too many movies Barry - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                     Nope, just CIA torture manuals - (broomberg)
                                                                             We know what she worked on. - (Another Scott) - (31)
                                                                                 Stop that - (bepatient) - (30)
                                                                                     I've wondered why Rove is still around. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                         Bite your tongue - (bepatient)
                                                                                     I don't understand you - (Silverlock) - (27)
                                                                                         This is all partisan - (bepatient) - (26)
                                                                                             Hey Beep: $200MM == 1 day in Iraq - (jb4) - (1)
                                                                                                 Instant justification? :-/ -NT - (bepatient)
                                                                                             Whatever. - (Silverlock) - (23)
                                                                                                 Are you that dense? - (bepatient) - (18)
                                                                                                     Part of the larger picture - (ChrisR) - (3)
                                                                                                         No quibbles here. -NT - (bepatient)
                                                                                                         Well said. - (imqwerky) - (1)
                                                                                                             Must disclose that reviewer has nepotistic ties... - (ChrisR)
                                                                                                     I guess I must be - (Silverlock) - (13)
                                                                                                         Fine - (bepatient) - (12)
                                                                                                             Transcript? - (Silverlock) - (10)
                                                                                                                 No. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                                                     ICLRPD (new thread) - (ben_tilly)
                                                                                                                 Senate Intelligence Committee report. Long excerpt. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                                                                                                     Yeah, but... - (bepatient)
                                                                                                                     Wilson has always claimed that the CIA sent him.... - (Simon_Jester) - (5)
                                                                                                                         I'd rather avoid the hypotheticals myself. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                                                                             Be very careful - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                                                                 Actually, I agree also. - (Silverlock)
                                                                                                                             I tend to agree. - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                                                                                                                 Had to blame someone. Can't admit a mistake, you know. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                                             big banner on the top, neutrality of this page disputed :-) -NT - (boxley)
                                                                                                 so rove is guilty, why shouldnt he get the same punishment - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                                                     Lost his clearance. That would mean Rove would have to go. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                                                         nope he is a political architect not a spymaster -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                             I'd be very surprised if he didn't have a secret clearance. - (Another Scott)

I fell in love with my manservant, who was
actually the disguised twin sister of the
man that my former love secretly married,
having mistaken him for my manservant who
was wooing her on my behalf whilst secretly
in love with me.

100 ms