IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Wow -- deja vu
Only wrong insect.

Today I finally braved the front walk AGAIN... when I had tested it last week, even though I never saw any fleas actually "get on me" and come inside, there was a happy live completely healthy flea on the 11th, in my front foyer, (doorway opening to the front porch), who took hours to drown. I wasn't sure if he had somehow managed to "hatch" out upstairs, sneak up on me from downstairs or came from outside, so I instantly stopped using the front walk again.

Besides, it wasn't a big deal to walk all the way down my driveway to the side road, and around the corner to the mailbox... and was probably good for me to take that walk once or twice every day.

Anyway, today I broke out the Ortho Spray, the Hartz Spray and the Hartz Powder and tackled the front porch, & walk area. The Ortho Spray decided it didn't want to squirt and made me mad, so I used the whole bottle of Hartz Flea Spray on the front mat, Clara the Goose, and the porch (it's a long long porch). I also sprayed the surrounding gravel, bushes, etc. Then I was out of Hartz... so John suggested pouring the Ortho into the Hartz bottle. I was unsure about this, but decided well, they are mixing together in the grass/porch area anyway, so I did. It worked great! I sprayed the rest of the walk, three feet of grass surrounding it on both sides, the rest of the porch area, the remaining bushes, etc. with that. Then I finished off with the remaining bit of Hartz Flea Powder in the gravel areas and especially where that stupid cat goes under my porch.

Take that, you horrid FLEAS!

Owls are gonna WIN this battle.

Good luck with your ants!

Brenda

Thank God for sleep. And when you can't sleep, still thank Him you live to lie awake. :)
Expand Edited by Nightowl June 19, 2005, 03:25:00 PM EDT
New Siphotrol
We had a flea problem when we moved into our new house. I happened to have a can of [link|http://www.vet-kem.com/products_dogs_HT_siphotrol.htm|Siphotrol] from a previous, ahhh, encounter. I sprayed all the carpeting and furniture, and anywhere else I thought might harbour them before I went to work. When I came home, no more fleas. I also started treating Bella (my dog) with [link|http://www.nofleas.com/About-Advantage.asp|Advantage] to keep them under control.

Hope that helps...
Have fun,
Carl Forde
     First ant invasion of the summer. - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
         Argentine Ants on the March - (dws)
         Wow -- deja vu - (Nightowl) - (1)
             Siphotrol - (cforde)
         Well, that's the umm Military solution.. - (Ashton) - (2)
             There's plenty for ants to eat outdoors . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Ah. Well then, thanks for the heads-up - next. - (Ashton)

Mmmmmm. Gouda!
59 ms