IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: There is one huge problem with that theory
As of a few years ago at least, there was still Mercury in some children's vaccines. Our pediatrician had trouble finding a thimerosal-free source for a few of them. Thimerosal is still present in adult flu vaccines. Ask about it the next time you're offered a flu shot.

One of the vexing problems about this debate is that there's a well-established cumulative effect to Mercury exposure. But the company behind any one vaccine can say, with a mostly straight face, that carefully-controlled studies show that theirs doesn't cause problems. The operative phrase "by itself" is left unspoken. Unfortunately, the trend has been to to give kids more and more shots at an early age. There's also some evidence that the proteins responsible for scrubbing the body of heavy metals are missing in some people, leading to an uneven distribution of cases. A shot of bourbon by itself probably won't cause lasting problems, but a bunch of different whiskies all at once might, particularly if you lack the genes for metabolizing alchohol.
New Re: There is one huge problem with that theory
One of the vexing problems about this debate is that there's a well-established cumulative effect to Mercury exposure. But the company behind any one vaccine can say, with a mostly straight face, that carefully-controlled studies show that theirs doesn't cause problems. The operative phrase "by itself" is left unspoken. Unfortunately, the trend has been to to give kids more and more shots at an early age. There's also some evidence that the proteins responsible for scrubbing the body of heavy metals are missing in some people, leading to an uneven distribution of cases. A shot of bourbon by itself probably won't cause lasting problems, but a bunch of different whiskies all at once might, particularly if you lack the genes for metabolizing alchohol.

Yes, that is a huge problem. The FDA should be funding research in matters like that, but they have neither the budget or the will. The problem of different drugs and substances causing problems when mixed even though none is dangerous on it's own is well known but not nearly well enough tracked.

Jay
New I'm confused
You respond to a point about the harmfull effect of mercury in a cummulative sense with, I assume, a distraction regarding the deleterious effects that otherwise innocuous substances can have when mixed with other, innocuous subustances.

Huh?
-----------------------------------------
"In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for. As for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican."
-- H. L. Mencken

Support our troops, Impeach Bush.
D. D. Richards
New More general problem.
I was commenting on the fact that there are not enough studies done about the mixing of multiple substances. Getting too much mercury from sources that are not individually dangerous is just one small example of that problem.

Jay
     The vaccine/autism connection - (Silverlock) - (25)
         I'm not convinced. - (Another Scott) - (4)
             No skin off my nose. - (Silverlock)
             You should be. - (bionerd) - (1)
                 A couple of things. - (Another Scott)
             Re: I'm not convinced. - (andread)
         Beware of "Post hoc ergo prompter hoc". -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Research also suggest a link between Multiple Sclerosis - (bionerd)
         There is one huge problem with that theory - (JayMehaffey) - (9)
             Yup. -NT - (Another Scott)
             dont know about that - (boxley) - (3)
                 The FDA Thimerosal FAQ addresses that. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     corelation does not imply causation - (cforde) - (1)
                         Thanks for the links. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Re: There is one huge problem with that theory - (dws) - (3)
                 Re: There is one huge problem with that theory - (JayMehaffey) - (2)
                     I'm confused - (Silverlock) - (1)
                         More general problem. - (JayMehaffey)
         Note that there are several related Salon articles, today - (Ashton) - (5)
             Maybe it's me, but Salon's Day Pass goes in an infinite loop - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 Hmmm- - (bionerd) - (3)
                     I guess I need to check some cookies, etc. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         Hmmmm - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Well, my mojo doesn't seem to be working with them. - (Another Scott)
         New York Times article. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             This is not at all surprising. - (Andrew Grygus)