IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Paid the man.
After getting the wrench and discovering that fixing the belt would probably involve either taking the reservoirs off completely (which would then still be in the way), or putting the car up on ramps to get the tensioner from below, I decided to drive the van 1/4 mile down the road to a garage and have someone with a hoist and spare time on his hands do the job.

As it turned out, the tensioner was bad anyways, and that's definitely something I wouldn't want to bother with myself.

Thanks for all the advice, folks.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New That's what went on my Saturn
Had replacement tensioner and belt.

After taking it in and watching the car go up and down the hoist 3 times, glad I brought it in for someone else to do.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
New I asked him about that.
He had it on the hoist several times and needed another guy to do the wrench from underneath while he worked on the belt above.

He also said that he hates working on the new cars, and that he really doesn't enjoy the job any more because of them. :-/
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
Expand Edited by admin March 1, 2005, 08:28:59 PM EST
New Smart move. Glad it worked out.
     Power belt came off on Windstar - (admin) - (35)
         there should be a diagram in front of the radiator - (boxley) - (1)
             Yes, there's a diagram. - (admin)
         More important, water pump isn't turning either - (Steve Lowe)
         Apparently it's easy with the right tool. - (Another Scott) - (27)
             Thanks. - (admin) - (1)
                 Having replaced two... - (jbrabeck)
             Yeah, right. - (admin) - (24)
                 Simple. All you have to do is.... - (ChrisR) - (19)
                     Remember my dad's 38 Chevy - (drewk) - (18)
                         My old '87 Buick LeSabre 3.8 had a bolt like that. - (Another Scott) - (17)
                             Smart people learn from experience - (drewk) - (16)
                                 Then my job here is done. - (Another Scott) - (15)
                                     My unsolvable problems tend to pick me -NT - (drewk)
                                     Your in the range of close... - (folkert) - (13)
                                         OT: how does one go about removing the remains - (Arkadiy) - (12)
                                             With tools, of course. - (Steve Lowe) - (2)
                                                 Tools are overrated... - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                                     Ironically (?) - (Steve Lowe)
                                             Typically it isn't that bad. - (folkert) - (3)
                                                 But, "easy-out" - is that *really* what it's called? - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                     That is the: - (folkert) - (1)
                                                         Rofl! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                             Worst case - you replace the crankshaft. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                 Second the penetrating oil.. Impact wrench? - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                     The problems with impact wrenches are ... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                         Hah.. think you've explained why - (Ashton)
                                                 in these discussions I havnt seen mention of a smoke wrench - (boxley)
                 It is a Windstar. It has the traditional Ford Reservoir - (folkert) - (3)
                     Re: It is a Windstar. It has the traditional Ford Reservoir - (inthane-chan)
                     There was no blood... - (admin) - (1)
                         Aptitude or Eptitude? :-) -NT - (static)
         Paid the man. - (admin) - (3)
             That's what went on my Saturn - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                 I asked him about that. - (admin)
             Smart move. Glad it worked out. -NT - (Another Scott)

Look on my CD collection, ye mighty, and despair!
112 ms