IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Are you sure you need to open the A/C lines?
Is there any way to loosen the compressor and swing or slide it out of the way without opening the A/C lines? When I talked to my mechanic friend, I mentioned that it had A/C. He didn't mention anything special that needed to be done as a result to get at the pump, but maybe his information was incomplete. But I would think that if the quote you got involved work on the A/C as well that it would have been a much more expensive quote (due to the need for vacuuming out the lines, leak checking, filling with freon, etc.)

Leakage at the hole in the casting means that the shaft bearing and/or bearing seal is leaking. There's no way to fix that leak without removing the pump (plugging the hole will only cause coolant to leak out around the shaft). Removing the thermostat might lessen the pressure at the pump and reduce the leakage slightly, but it'll have other complications (the engine not getting to proper temperature, risk of overheating, etc.). I wouldn't recommend it unless you're desperate. Dumping StopLeak into it isn't something I'd recommend either. :-/

Does the A/C work? Would it be a great loss if it was disabled as a result of your work on the water pump?

I think you'll have to bite the bullet, or put this one down and get another steed.

Luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New well you need to open the a/c lines
because there is no way in hades you can get a wrench on the pump with them in the way. The a/c works but even If I yarded it all out at this point I think the overheating has damaged the motor, this fellow just needs to get thru the next few weeks until I can get to the auction with my dealer buddy. Then its partout time.
regards,
daemon
Anyone who has passed through the regular gradations of a classical education, and is not made a fool by it, may consider himself as having had a very narrow escape: Samuel Butler
clearwater highschool marching band [link|http://www.chstornadoband.org/|http://www.chstornadoband.org/]
     R&R water pump Nissan Sentra 1993 with A/C - (daemon) - (14)
         Here's some info from my mechanic friend. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             disconnect and move all the ac lines :( -NT - (daemon) - (1)
                 Ooops. :-( -NT - (Another Scott)
         a possible work around, 5 gal jug in passenger seat - (daemon) - (8)
             Oh, *that's* why you look familiar - (drewk)
             problem with this solution - (daemon) - (5)
                 Are you sure you need to open the A/C lines? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     well you need to open the a/c lines - (daemon)
                 Is there not a radiator overflow tank? - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     thats where I am substituting my 5 gal water jug -NT - (daemon)
                 Well, this wouldn't likely work. - (Andrew Grygus)
             won't work...as you've discovered. - (Steve Lowe)
         Re: R&R water pump Nissan Sentra 1993 with A/C - (Ashton) - (1)
             the leak is actually from the plug in the water pump - (daemon)

Whatever, it runs fine for now.
40 ms