IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yeah, a centrist like Pat Buchanan or John McCain...
The problem with this country is that the two parties are so far apart, and both so warped to the left by centuries of elite liberal media brainwashing, that someone square in the center among the Democratic senators is actually more radical than Karl Marx, and you have to go to the far right-wing religious conservative end of the GOP spectrum before you will find any values that really resignate with Mainline America.

[image|/forums/images/warning.png|0|This is sarcasm...]

Giovanni
Have whatever values you have. That's what America is for.
You don't need George Bush for that.
New Make light if you like.
but in defense and economics the issues and approaches are different. Not quite the Karl Marx comparison you give...but different enough to change votes.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New My point (somewhere under all the sarcasm) was
My impression of Kerry is that he is and always has been pretty conservative in fact (with a little "c") on economic and defence issues. Didn't he vote to cut services in order to balance the budget during the 90s? And wasn't he pretty dead set against continued expending of military resources in SE Asia as long as the ROI was negative? Even his health care ideas are pretty conservative. Rhetoric aside, I think he is much more conservative (again, small "c") and mainstream on economic and defense issues than the current administration has proven itself to be.

I don't even think Kerry's record of bringing uncomfortable truths to light and insisting that people in power face them (Vietnam in the 70's, the Contras and BCCI in the 80's are a few examples) is overly begrudged by the power right (though it certainly seems to motivate many of the little voices they employ).

I truly believe that Kerry's single unforgivable sin, one that justifies every effort, no matter how low, to keep him from winning the Presidency, is that he *is* the candidate of the opposing party. It's not personal -- it just has to seem that way. What's in his record? An opponent by any other name would smell as foul.

Giovanni
Have whatever values you have. That's what America is for.
You don't need George Bush for that.
     Okay, I'm really not trying to be a Smart*ss. - (mmoffitt) - (67)
         There is no try - only do - (Arkadiy) - (2)
             Note that NYC is going to vote against Bush - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                 as he said - (SpiceWare)
         Houston's quite diverse - (SpiceWare) - (7)
             Indiana is a small town. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                 Gary is like Crawfordsville?!? -NT - (Another Scott) - (5)
                     Re: Gary is like Crawfordsville?!? - (jb4)
                     Gary? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         My Home Sweet Home! Not. - (Another Scott)
                     Heh. Forgot. Gary is another country ;0) - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         I've driven through Indiana enough times, TYVM. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         That's a very broad brush you're painting with. -NT - (pwhysall)
         Not even close - (deSitter)
         I guess that's why Bush is so popular in Karachi. - (Another Scott) - (47)
             Disagree completely. - (mmoffitt) - (46)
                 Because you are wrong - (bepatient) - (44)
                     So why do they support THIS blackguard? - (jb4) - (31)
                         You're smoking again, aren't you? - (bepatient) - (30)
                             Out of curiosity... - (admin) - (24)
                                 Re: Out of curiosity... - (bepatient) - (23)
                                     Ah, that. - (admin) - (19)
                                         You're not taking into account - (rcareaga)
                                         Re: Ah, that. - (bepatient) - (17)
                                             Whoops. - (admin) - (16)
                                                 I know that. - (bepatient) - (15)
                                                     This is something I think many people miss in your posts. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                                                         You're probably right... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                             I read the bit about Ted Kennedy - (admin)
                                                     Re: He's too far left for base Republicans to defect. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                         Make light of it...but it's a failure of both parties - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                                             Agree. It's going to be rough. - (mmoffitt)
                                                         I hear they're all the fashion in Topeka and Memphis. -NT - (bepatient)
                                                     Kerry *is* to the right on Defense and economy - (GBert) - (7)
                                                         He hasn't positioned himself there. - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                             Re: He hasn't positioned himself there. - (GBert) - (5)
                                                                 Not fitness for purpose. - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                     Do you really believe that? - (GBert) - (2)
                                                                         Support and Counter-argument - (Simon_Jester)
                                                                         Slightly different approach - (bepatient)
                                                                     the Hanoi Jane backlash, hard to overcome -NT - (daemon)
                                     Dunno. - (Another Scott)
                                     Oh, stop it! You're killing me. "Clinton too far left?" - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         Sometimes I wonder... - (bepatient)
                             Good one. That one got beer through the nose. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                 See above. -NT - (bepatient)
                                 Yeah, a centrist like Pat Buchanan or John McCain... - (GBert) - (2)
                                     Make light if you like. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                         My point (somewhere under all the sarcasm) was - (GBert)
                     A common misconception - (ben_tilly) - (10)
                         Difference between support and infrastructure. - (bepatient) - (9)
                             I didn't say "hand out" - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                                 I know you didn't. - (bepatient) - (7)
                                     Understood and disagreed - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                                         I know >you< don't. - (bepatient) - (5)
                                             The grate unwashed... - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                                 its hard to br a great washed - (daemon) - (3)
                                                     Been there, done that - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                         you went to town - (daemon) - (1)
                                                             Point -NT - (ben_tilly)
                     Re: Because you are wrong - (JayMehaffey)
                 Yes and no...you're glossing over it - (Simon_Jester)
         Re: Okay, I'm really not trying to be a Smart*ss. - (daemon)
         Psychology Angle - (ChrisR) - (1)
             Good link, thanks. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         It's a deeper problem - (warmachine) - (2)
             You might like this. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 Many a true word spoken in jest -NT - (warmachine)

OK, this is why evolution is bunk. You're not smart enough to have evolved from anything.
87 ms