IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New bah, according to some debian
has a crisper display, easier to use, has a one button mouse and
This is a religious war, with the complete and utter destruction of Debian and no choice in computing platform in one future and a world of peace and harmony with numerous computer systems in the other. OK, so I exaggerate a bit, but the point is made. There's a contract out on the Debian and if it dies, Unix and Redhat are probably next.

I'm reminded of a quote from Germany in the early 40s: "First they came for the Jews, and I said nothing because I was not Jewish. Then they came for the Catholics, and I said nothing because I was not Catholic. When they finally came for me, there was no one left to say anything."

The worst part is, Debian users know that this war is undeserved. Such an elegant and useful system should not be reviled and dismissed by the very people whom it would most benefit. Nevertheless, there's a vast rumor mill which is constantly spouting falsehoods about Linux and Debian.

regards,
daemon

New ???
Where did you dredge up that?

UNIX isn't going anywhere. Performance matters and Windows will never hack it. Linux has now had at least 7 years to come up with a GUI environment supported by a sane, tight API. I like Linux but I'd kill for an OSX Mac. Linuxists blew it with stupid politically correct GPL horseshit that impeded development. Now it's too late for the desktop unless Novell has some mighty fine work waiting in the wings.
-drl
Expand Edited by deSitter Oct. 6, 2004, 09:09:12 PM EDT
New You know nothing.
Novell has far surpassed what you can comprehend.

They have far greater plans than you can even begin to get an inkling about.

You don't have the inside angle at all.

You will be shocked when it happens.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
No matter how much Microsoft supporters whine about how Linux and other operating systems have just as many bugs as their operating systems do, the bottom line is that the serious, gut-wrenching problems happen on Windows, not on Linux, not on Mac OS. -- [link|http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1622086,00.asp|source]
Here is an example: [link|http://www.greymagic.com/security/advisories/gm001-ie/|Executing arbitrary commands without Active Scripting or ActiveX when using Windows]
New "First they came for the Communists".
"First they came for the Communists, but I was not a Communist - so I said nothing. Then they came for the Social Democrats, but I was not a Social Democrat - so I did nothing. Then they came for the trade unionists, but I was not a trade unionist. And then they came for the Jews, but I was not a Jew - so I did little. Then when they came for me, there was no one left who could stand up for me."
- Rev. Martin Niemoller

[link|http://www.ushmm.org/outreach/prisochr.htm|http://www.ushmm.org...each/prisochr.htm]

There are various versions and some dispute about when and if he wrote it and what it was originally. There's much speculation that it has been altered over the years. This is the version my father told me when I was very young. Interestingly, in US translations I've read and heard over the years, the Communists are typically left out - as you did. I just google'd and found that most online versions start out (correctly) with the Communists. I say "correctly" because that was the sequence of events. The Communists were the first targets of the Nazis.
bcnu,
Mikem

"The struggle for the emancipation of the working class is not between races or religions. It is one of class against class. Every trace of anti-Semitism, or any form of race hatred cannot assist the oppressed, it can on the contrary only aid the exploiters. Workers of all nationality, religion or creed must stand together against the common enemy: capitalism."
-Ted Grant
     What are you a Troll? - (folkert) - (20)
         You got that from /usr/games/fortune -NT - (deSitter) - (16)
             If you think that was... - (folkert) - (15)
                 Dude - you need help -NT - (deSitter) - (14)
                     Nah... I am just exercising. -NT - (folkert) - (13)
                         Re: Nah... I am just exercising. - (deSitter) - (12)
                             bah, according to some debian - (daemon) - (3)
                                 ??? - (deSitter) - (1)
                                     You know nothing. - (folkert)
                                 "First they came for the Communists". - (mmoffitt)
                             No. You do not understand. - (folkert) - (4)
                                 Re: No. You do not understand. - (deSitter) - (3)
                                     Then you despise yourself? - (folkert) - (2)
                                         You have a priority Slack sub? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                             Yeah... I know. - (folkert)
                             Yer full of shite, you. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                 Re: Yer full of shite, you. - (deSitter) - (1)
                                     So will any other OEM. Go away Ross. - (folkert)
         fucking trevor? You dare to offer an OS - (daemon) - (2)
             um, grin -NT - (deSitter)
             Nope. No Trevor in the naming schemes. - (folkert)

Everything is chromed in the future!
101 ms