IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: the amazing porkchops
Will have to try, sounds great. On your SO and the dreaded Corn squeezins. Having a real hard time finding soda pop that isnt built with the stuff (or diet two ends of the cancer fat stick) Does she know of a supply of kid pleasers sold anywhere?
regards,
daemon
New HFCS-free sodas
I'm sensitive to this because the SO is violently allergic to corn in all its forms. The "Juice Squeeze" line of bottled beverages seems largely free of HFCS, and Piedmont G offers several regional brands of sugar-based soft drinks, probably unavailable in your area (although their "Dad's Root Beer" is also an ADM no-fly zone for some reason).

I seem to recall reading that, NAFTA notwithstanding, Mexico still attempts to protect its domestic sugar industry, and that in consequence ADM has not yet overwhelmed their soft drinks. I haven't researched this, so some Googling would probably be prudent, but a local Mexican restaurant we patronize sells name-brand sodas bottled in Mexico that do not, so far as I can parse and translate the listed ingredients, include HFCS in any language. If you have a Hispanic district in your area, you may be able to pick up imported "kid pleasers" at the ethnic retailers.

cordialisimo,
Cthulhu for President. Why vote for a lesser evil?
New Re: HFCS-free sodas
I get the Mexican Soda here, Jarico brand, but the kids are not enamoured of the flavor (me I love them) will look for dads root beer tomorrow.
regards,
daemon
New If all else fails, order Coke/Pepsi/etc from Australia :)
Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
     The cuisine of distant Oakland - (rcareaga) - (12)
         The pork chops sound amazing. Any chance of more detail? -NT - (Meerkat) - (11)
             seconded -NT - (daemon)
             the amazing porkchops - (rcareaga) - (9)
                 Re: the amazing porkchops - (daemon) - (3)
                     HFCS-free sodas - (rcareaga) - (2)
                         Re: HFCS-free sodas - (daemon) - (1)
                             If all else fails, order Coke/Pepsi/etc from Australia :) -NT - (Meerkat)
                 Many thanks! I'll give it a go sometime and report back. -NT - (Meerkat)
                 Well, rats... - (hnick) - (1)
                     Took somewhat longer than I expected to try it. - (hnick)
                 I'm asked to add - (rcareaga) - (1)
                     your SO and mine must be related - (daemon)

Rebuild the remnant of the Obelisk, one mile from the pyramid.
125 ms