IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: US Presidential Election Predictions
In accordance w/ Thane, vote tabulations are highly suspect resulting in a(n apparent) Bush win. Lawsuits abound regarding disenfranchisement, a la 2000.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

And what happens then is.. well... nothing... for all their angst on "the left", they've yet to muster the right-wing-hate which would result in a true call to arms.

thanks
mx.
"I'm man enough to tell you that I can't put my finger on
exactly what my philosophy is now, but I'm flexible."
-- Malcolm X
New Give that 11 more years
And what happens then is.. well... nothing... for all their angst on "the left", they've yet to muster the right-wing-hate which would result in a true call to arms.

The civil war speculated about in Wealth and Democracy should happen 15 years from the apparent peak of US dominance. Which is about 11 years away.

Given a 5 year margin of error, that's anywhere from 6-16 years off.

No, I'm not joking. However I'd also give that civil war no better than about 2/3 odds of actually happening, even when I feel pessimistic.

Cheers,
Ben
About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe. It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead. -- Edsger W. Dijkstra
New There may be a spoiler.
Nukes. However accidentally, deliberately via Terrierist, intentionally by Putin - nobody could imagine the retaliation sequence + next day-day US Fatherland status, methinks.

I have yet to snare Wealth & Democracy, feeling that the more apt it is the likelier more depressing. It's on the list, despite. When I get self to local store. And before any more Terry P's [I tell myself].

Oh.. just finished Interesting Times by TP. He Knows us. And also our Death-guy. Will see if Mr. Phillips' overlay can possibly augment Mr. Pratchett's bullseye on the core-Valuez.

moi
New That's a given.
I have yet to snare Wealth & Democracy, feeling that the more apt it is the likelier more depressing.

Ben recommended it. Of COURSE it's going to be depressing. :P