IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New As opposed to what?
I chase my kids outside often.

And they do way too much computer stuff. For a while, the mindless games were getting to be too much. Including the supposedly educational ones. I got a home design program, and they spent weeks messing with that, creating the most bizarre houses the thing could handle. The last few days, they have been going nuts on The Sims. Which they are playing cooperatively, one at the keyboard and the rest watching and offering suggestions. At this point in the summer, the main activity is arguing, so this is a big improvement.

But when they can't get on the computer, and have the choice, they don't usualy go out and play, they watch TV.

The computer is not a bad thing. The not going out to play and not socializing is. And I suspect that in most households, the computer isn't cutting into going outside to play time, it's cutting into TV time. I don't have a problem with that.

I really don't think I have to chase them outside any more with the computer and the TV than I would with just the TV.

The one kid I do have a computer time problem with uses it almost exclusively for chat. He's an intensely social kid, can't stand being away from his friends.

White guys in suits know best
- Pat McCurdy
New Well.. OK if ya want to be reasonable
Yes, if it's TV OR computer - point taken. And even the socializing bit.. works - and may even facilitate (this particular kid's ?) route around innate er teenaged speechlessness?

OK stand corrected:

Computers are BAD (in certain kid/household situations)

Computers are GOOD (in certain kid/household situations)

Now.. how Do ya get the little buggers OUTside?
..and at 11pm for the Milky Way, even though there's school and -

My brain hurts.

A.
New Heh...
Grampa Mike: The one kid I do have a computer time problem with uses it almost exclusively for chat. He's an intensely social kid, can't stand being away from his friends.
That couldn't be genetic, now could it? You old blabbermouth, you... :-)
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows He Is Just As Fucking Bad, If Not Worse
     Should kids under 13 be allowed to use computers? - (brettj) - (45)
         Yes, but under limitations and being monitored - (orion) - (2)
             Sounds like a good start.. - (Ashton)
             Agree, but disagree - (wharris2)
         No. - (mmoffitt) - (25)
             Amen. - (Ashton)
             Yes. - (admin) - (1)
                 Fortunately.. always there will be the Exception(al). -NT - (Ashton)
             100% agree - (boxley)
             Should kids under 13 be allowed to read books? - (tseliot) - (20)
                 Several old authors agree - (mhuber) - (19)
                     You mean? - (Ashton) - (17)
                         Only if you read them - (mhuber) - (16)
                             Post of the Day! Congratulations!!! :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                             Incidently, another had similar thoughts. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 Silverstein! - (mhuber)
                             Bravo! - (Arkadiy) - (9)
                                 when you consider the attitudes of the correspondents - (boxley)
                                 Agreement, but question - (CRConrad) - (7)
                                     Definition of epic proportions: - (mhuber)
                                     Certainly not lots of bloodshed - (wharris2) - (5)
                                         sgt york? Rather tame by what actually happened. - (boxley) - (3)
                                             Wouldn't be beleivable. - (mhuber) - (2)
                                                 Here's the story - (wharris2) - (1)
                                                     No idea he had kept a diary - thanks. - (Ashton)
                                         "Tunes of Glory", "All Quiet on the Western Front" -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                             Homer translations - (GBert) - (2)
                                 Thanks - (mhuber) - (1)
                                     You're welcome -- enjoy! --!msg -NT - (GBert)
                     Clarification: - (mhuber)
         As opposed to what? - (mhuber) - (2)
             Well.. OK if ya want to be reasonable - (Ashton)
             Heh... - (CRConrad)
         Sure - (SpiceWare) - (1)
             Kids links such as Linkasaurus - (brettj)
         How I'll handle my kids. - (inthane-chan) - (10)
             ..better encrypt, hide, mirror that log, then ;-) - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Simple: Router in a locked cabinet along with... - (inthane-chan)
             Sounds like the Cyber-Cafe method - (orion) - (7)
                 OhRyan: er.. they *need* a Big Brother.________Remember? -NT - (Ashton) - (6)
                     Who "they" *needs* a BB - each'n'every guest at Cybercafe's? -NT - (CRConrad) - (5)
                         Original topic was - (Ashton) - (4)
                             Ah, OK. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                 Whether siderial or interruptus - BB was dissed - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     By Norm? Not "dissed" - just *mentioned*, AFAICS. Now, if... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                         It sounds like "Big Brother" - (orion)

This may also found a Chair at yer fav oyster bar and Chair-filling establishment.
100 ms