Only four people signed up for the course, so it got changed to a "Distance Learning" course.

This means that we have the reading list, the homework, and a professor who checks in with us about twice during the entire quarter. I've sent him my work, and nothing ever comes back.

The book I have ([link|http://www.bookpool.com/.x/dg4ptys7x1/sm/0130819344|Core Java Volume II - Advanced Features]) does everything in a very incremental way, and doesn't even really go into detail on any one particular feature of the API.

The way I'd like it:

"This is a collection. There are these types of collection. In each subsection below, we'll detail what each collection does and how it builds on the previous collection."

How they do it:

"This is a list. This is a linked list. This is a stack. This is a..."

And so on, and so on, and so on - without any real cohesion.

I need a real book.

Back to the code:

The Break I threw in there at two in the morning when I couldn't remember if returning out of a loop was a Bad Practice. I'll change that. A Set is probably is a better idea for this as well - I'm just a crusty old pointer boy who happens to like linked lists. Call me Pointerizer. ^_^

Good catch on the .hasNext function - looks like that won't work. Same with the address stuff - I'll probably stick address changes into a single function.

The front end for all this is a (still under design) GUI - hence my call for a book that actually explains AWT/Swing. I just figured out how ActionListeners work last night at about 11 (when my perception of reality was swimming dangerously close to Douglas Adams territory, so I probably have it wrong) so that part is making sense.

(FYI - I'm using the Forte community IDE - but don't worry, Malraux, I'm not using any of the integrated tools. I bashed around with the GUI design tools for about three minutes and realized I'd probably make more headway writing the !$!%%^## code by hand, at least until I understand how the damn API works.)

The problem I'm having with Java mainly links back to the "trying to take a sip from Niagra Falls" problem - there's so much out there, and they dump it on you so quickly, that I'm drowning...