IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I wasn't aware there was a zone there.
So, you can do enough to be banned from entering a secure area
WITHOUT
Doing anything illegal.

This is a fascinating concept.

Of course, I don't believe a word of it. But it's a fascinating concept non the less.

I'm very interested in what actions you consider to be this zone. This should make for a fascinating read.

And fucking DUH!

I said that she would be detained (in a special room set aside for such a purpose) until she could talke to the cops and/or FBI. Didn't you see that part?

"And again...airport security is NOT the police. They don't arrest you...they don't detain you."

So, you say they "don't detain you". quote.

"If they feel strongly enough that you are a "bad" person...they can keep you at the check point long enough to hand you over to a >real< policeman."

So, they "can keep you at the check point".

But this isn't the same as when you "detain" someone.

www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=detain

de\ufffdtain:
1.To keep from proceeding; delay or retard.
2.To keep in custody or temporary confinement.

I'm sure you know what you're talking about. Really. I'm sure you do.
New do you practice being an idiot?
[link|http://www.flybangor.com/news/index.asp?ID=60| It appears that the airport folks disagree with how the situation occured]

Here is the text of the story compiled by a local reporter regarding the passenger denied boarding for refusing to be screened for a flight.

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Allow me to quote from that article.
Seeing as how you seem to have trouble reading it.

"Oden said that while she asked security staff not to touch her with the wand, she did allow them to complete their search of both her person and her baggage."

She submitted to a complete search of her person and baggage.

This might sound familiar to you as I know I've posted it before. On multiple occasions.

Yet you still seem to be unable to grasp the concept.

She
Submitted
To
A
COMPLETE
Search
Of
Her
PERSON
And
BAGGAGE.

That means that she did NOT refuse to be checked by security.

Now, perhaps you can answer my earlier question about what activities will get me banned from the security zone BUT will NOT get me arrested or investigated?

"detained"?
New I read that part...
...which is what SHE told a reporter...while what I quoted is what the airport authority put on their website when linking to the article.

But of course this woman couldn't be doing ANYTHING but telling the truth. If she was...maybe...pissed off at somebody and trying to make a big stink because maybe she's running for Governor and could use the press...well...that just wouldn't be right.

Pick a better horse, bud.

New Again, you fail to fulfill the request.
What activities are sufficient to get me banned from the secure area but will not result in the cops and/or FBI being interested in me?

I did not see anything in either article that said she did not submit to the search.

That she complained about it, yes.

That she didn't want to be TOUCHED with the wand, yes.

That she wasn't holding still, yes.

Never that she refused to be searched.

Instead, you claim that the activities of the airline personel are evidence that she didn't submit to the search.

Which led me to challenge you to go to your nearest airport, try to pass security and then REFUSE to be searched, then leave.

A challenge you would not accept because, even though you claim nothing would happen, you KNOOW what the results would be (cops and/or FBI).

Since this did not happen to her, I'm going to take it as evidence in support of her claim to have been searched.

No, that does not mean I believe everything she says.

It means that the available evidence supports her claims.

But why am I explaining this to someone who doesn't know what "detain" means?
New yawn...
...read the other post...

New Since we're being pedantic
Let's try emphasizing a different part of the quote:

Oden said

Isn't there some famous qhote about first being sure of the facts? I think all we have right now is two (moderately) conflicting versions of the story.
We have to fight the terrorists as if there were no rules and preserve our open society as if there were no terrorists. -- [link|http://www.nytimes.com/2001/04/05/opinion/BIO-FRIEDMAN.html|Thomas Friedman]
New Sure.
But that will require access to the security tapes.
     thought I would move a point over here from the terr forum - (boxley) - (88)
         Show me where it said she refused to be scanned. - (Brandioch) - (86)
             The actions of the folks at the airport... - (bepatient) - (32)
                 I wasn't aware there was a zone there. - (Brandioch) - (7)
                     do you practice being an idiot? - (bepatient) - (6)
                         Allow me to quote from that article. - (Brandioch) - (5)
                             I read that part... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                 Again, you fail to fulfill the request. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                     yawn... - (bepatient)
                             Since we're being pedantic - (drewk) - (1)
                                 Sure. - (Brandioch)
                 Re: The actions of the folks at the airport... - (Ashton) - (23)
                     Give me a break... - (bepatient) - (22)
                         Rationality is beyond you. - (Brandioch) - (21)
                             Was she "singled out"? - (Another Scott)
                             You keep inventing rights... - (bepatient) - (19)
                                 The odd thing - (JayMehaffey)
                                 Your fear........ - (Brandioch) - (8)
                                     yawn...again - (bepatient) - (7)
                                         Quote it. - (Brandioch) - (5)
                                             yawn yet again - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                 Like I said, you wouldn't be able to do it. - (Brandioch) - (3)
                                                     Since you obviously are incapable... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                         Yep: that IS what 'They' said. Not what 'She' said. Again. -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                             yep... - (bepatient)
                                         Bingo! again, you betcha "according to relevant Authority" \ufffd - (Ashton)
                                 This is some MORE = NEW 'rewrite' of the same. Yet: - (Ashton) - (8)
                                     Question authority? - (bepatient) - (7)
                                         Yes, Authority *may* have told a truer? version here. - (Ashton) - (6)
                                             Really simple... - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                 Oh I *am* straddling both horses: You Picked Automatically. - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                     No we're not... - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                         Must straddling be explained too? - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                             But I've given you my reasoning... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                 Sorry: I must have believed my statistics. Too. :[ -NT - (Ashton)
             suppose - (boxley) - (52)
                 Police State - (Brandioch) - (51)
                     They didn't infringe upon her civil rights. - (bepatient)
                     ya gotta pick yer fights - (boxley) - (49)
                         And she picked her's. - (Brandioch) - (48)
                             Cause she's an idiot... - (bepatient) - (47)
                                 You don't know what "detain" means.... - (Brandioch) - (46)
                                     Sure I do... - (bepatient) - (45)
                                         Reading with comprehension. - (Brandioch) - (44)
                                             Please refer to the quote... - (bepatient) - (43)
                                                 Right to travel? - (andread) - (42)
                                                     Thanks... - (bepatient)
                                                     Um, you're posting in reply to Bill's comment. - (Brandioch) - (40)
                                                         Nit - (Silverlock) - (28)
                                                             SLAM! - (Brandioch) - (27)
                                                                 That's funny. - (Silverlock) - (20)
                                                                     I'm glad you agree. - (Brandioch) - (17)
                                                                         Those who will not see - (Silverlock) - (16)
                                                                             In case of factual depletion, abandon discussion. - (Brandioch) - (15)
                                                                                 Talking past each other. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                                                                     Nope. Looking at the whole situation. - (Brandioch) - (8)
                                                                                         You've apparently missed some things. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                                                                             Prove it. - (Brandioch) - (6)
                                                                                                 Spell it out. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                                                                                     I do not believe this. - (Brandioch) - (4)
                                                                                                         You should... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                                             Reading WITH comprehension. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                                                                 Sure.... - (bepatient)
                                                                                                         The reason I asked... - (Another Scott)
                                                                                 Ahh...your MO... - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                                     Compare the dates. - (Brandioch) - (3)
                                                                                         What...to your posts yesterday? - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                             Quote it. If you can. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                                                 Even if I quote it you'll ignore it. - (bepatient)
                                                                     Et tu Brute? - (Ashton)
                                                                     did -NT - (boxley)
                                                                 Wrong. - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                     Ahhhh, it's another "detain" issue. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                                         I see... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                             Ha! (" do you practice being an idiot?") - (Brandioch)
                                                                     How clairvoyant of you, BeeP - (Ashton)
                                                                 didnt -NT - (boxley)
                                                         She could have... - (bepatient) - (10)
                                                             See above: thus far it is ALL 'formalized' hearsay of - (Ashton) - (9)
                                                                 There are 2 accounts... - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                                     Bill, you are telling a lie. - (Brandioch) - (7)
                                                                         Keep nit-picking... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                             "detained" - (Brandioch)
                                                                         You need to do a little reading: - (tonytib) - (4)
                                                                             Read my other posts. - (Brandioch) - (3)
                                                                                 She did not... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                     Which was my point. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                                         No it wasn't. -NT - (bepatient)
         heh..only thing I know is... - (Simon_Jester)

There is no test like production.
132 ms