It's the manual where, if you follow the exact steps outlined in the guide, you won't be sued.

It's where doctors stopped thinking and started covering their butts.

See, it happens in every profession.

Even medicine. Kids in med school these days are taught to follow Standard Of Practice religiously, so they won't be liable if they are sued.

But, I understand kids in the hospital. All three of mine, at some point or other in their lives, have spent 2-3 days in the hospital for RAD, pneumonia, or dehydration after a terrible stomach virus. They HATE it. Once they feel better, it drives them mad, even more than adults.

I'm glad they didn't admit, but I'm also concerned because it does appear to be legit, not someone a kid would "fake".

Now, talk about faking, my daught threw up last night about 1am (not fake), and when she woke up this morning, she said she didn't feel good. She had me being her "personal servant" for about 4 trips, then I figured it out. She was milking me from her being sick last night. When she had the strength to shout upstairs and demand stuff, then she isn't sick anymore. When she found out her brothers were going to Krispy Kreme without her, she was up, dressed and ready to go in about 5 seconds. Not sick this morning.

Glen Austin