Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It was not an abuse of the word.
At least as its meaning is commonly understood:

Main Entry: whore
Pronunciation: 'hOr, 'hor, 'hur
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English hore, from Old English hOre; akin to Old Norse hOra whore, hOrr adulterer, Latin carus dear -- more at CHARITY
1 : a woman who engages in sexual acts for money : PROSTITUTE; also : a promiscuous or immoral woman
2 : a male who engages in sexual acts for money
3 : a venal or unscrupulous person

[link|http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=whore&x=0&y=0|http://www.merriam-w...&va=whore&x=0&y=0]

The word fits. Unless you disagree that a woman who picks a stranger off the street, takes him to "a hotel I [she] knew well" and screws him is "promiscuous" (aside: how do you suppose she came to know that hotel well?).

I made no moral judgement in the use of that word, merely applied the most(?) appropriate noun. I've always been in favor of "calling a spade a spade". ;0)
bcnu,
Mikem

If you can read this, you are not the President.
New I didn't see any lyrics about her getting paid
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New they ALL get paid one way or the other
Time for Lord Stanley to get a Tan
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Not required: See underlined section of definition. HTH.
bcnu,
Mikem

New OK, I missed that
But then I have to agree with Ashton. If promiscuity is equated with prostitution, something's wrong.
===

New Why? Neither is desireable.
bcnu,
Mikem

New Desirable to whom?
Promiscuous people generally desire promiscuity. As long as everyone involved (where "involved" includes spouses of people involved...) are consenting adults, most people are perfectly fine with that.

There is a highly visible minority that wants to regulate morality and is against promiscuity (and many other things). But I don't accept them as the arbitrators of what is and is not acceptable.

Cheers,
Ben
To deny the indirect purchaser, who in this case is the ultimate purchaser, the right to seek relief from unlawful conduct, would essentially remove the word consumer from the Consumer Protection Act
- [link|http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?NewsID=1246&Page=1&pagePos=20|Nebraska Supreme Court]
New Not desireable to anyone...
with two pubescent daughters. :-p

Which, I might add, was the reason I said I detested that song in the first post.
bcnu,
Mikem

New "You're not going out dressed like THAT!"
Etc.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
New Like this one?
[link|http://www.thelyricarchive.com/lyrics/heymister.shtml|http://www.thelyrica...s/heymister.shtml]
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Nice.
Nominated for a Grammy, no doubt. You got a daughter? Didn't think so.
bcnu,
Mikem

New Nope, thanking my lucky stars I don't too.
This doesn't mean I'm teaching my sons that they can be careless, though. They'll grow up properly respectful if I have any say in the matter.
Regards,

-scott anderson

New I'm sure they will :-)
It's like the old saying,
"Have a boy and you've got one boy in the neighborhood to worry about.
Have a girl and you've got every boy in the neighborhood to worry about."
bcnu,
Mikem

New And if you have 5
It's the entire city! :-(
New What happened?
You couldn't figure out what was causing that soon enough? It only took me two to figure out I needed the snip ;0)

bcnu,
Mikem

New Me 2, Wife 3. 2 + 3 = 5
2 - 15 yr
2 - 17 yr
1 - 19 yr
New This is the story... of a man named Brabeck...
Regards,

-scott anderson

New EGADS Man!
And you're keeping your wits? What is your secret? I have only two:

1 - 13 going on 35.
1 - several days shy of 12.

The youngest one, so far, still thinks she has plenty of time to grow up. You know what that means: she's going to be trouble next year as she enters middle school.

Note to self: start stocking up on Valium.
bcnu,
Mikem

New Somehow I think you might like this strip:
[link|http://www.ucomics.com/stonesoup/index.phtml|Stone Soup]

More of a general recommendation than an actual "this particular strip r0x0rz" post...
Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
New Actually this one fits
[link|http://www.ucomics.com/stonesoup/2004/05/08/|Stone Soup]

bt/dt (been there/done that)
New Those are both great!
bcnu,
Mikem

New It's really simple
First time the boy comes over, just make sure he sees you in the bib overalls, sharpening the really huge knife, with the shotgun close by, and the coon dog at your feet. Also helps if Ma is seen walking around with a large pair of tin snips and mentions to the boy what they could be used on/for.

;-)/2 (only half joking!)
New If I didn't tell you about my uncle...
First date he'd meet the boy at the door and usher him to his (in-home) office. He sat behind his desk, the boy on a chair across from him. He'd reach in a desk drawer and pull out $1,000 cash and put it on the desk.

Typical conversation:

Uncle: "You know what that is?"
Boy: "Money?"
Uncle: "Yep, know how much?"
Boy: "No, sir."
Uncle: "That's 1,000 dollars, boy. Know what I can buy with that?"
Boy: "A lot of stuff I guess."
Uncle: "Yep, but there's something I can buy with that you probably don't know about. See, for that money I can go hire a drug addict to kill you and your family. If you have sex with my daughter, I'm going to spend that money. I won't miss it - I've already got it set aside. Are we clear on that, boy?"
Boy: "Crystal."

I swear (and my cousin's husband swears) that's a true story. My cousin knew nothing about this except its effect until she got into college (she rarely got a second date throughout high school despite being the head cheerleader). And my lawyer says it is perfectly legal.

Have been thinking about that a lot lately... ;0)
bcnu,
Mikem

New Yikes!
New Probably legal until...
...you say what you're going to spend it for.

That's my guess, at least. Up until then, you aren't directly linking between "here's what $1k will buy" and "I'm going to spend $1k if you sleep with my daughter."
Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
New dunno what to say
except that iffen a boy dont have the balls to come meet me he is lower than dogshit and you deserve better than dosgshit. I will also reserve the right to treat him like shit, if he still comes to the door to pick you up in spite of me he might be okay. Heres a 3 pack of trojans keep em with you and I dont want to know about it.
thanx,.
bill
New IWE's Thundering Horde of
[link|http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=endolithic| Endolithic Yammerers]
New And your address is ... ?
===

New Men vs guys - redux
[link|http://www.bynkii.com/archives/000044.html|http://www.bynkii.co...hives/000044.html]

Already discussed at [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=137373|http://z.iwethey.org...?contentid=137373].

I talked about this topic once with my sister (whose daughter is now about 20). Her opinion was that her daughter should have enough experiences to know what she likes.

Cheers,
Ben

PS No, I don't have daughters. Or sons. But I've got plenty of nieces and nephews and my siblings are at least as opinionated as I am...
To deny the indirect purchaser, who in this case is the ultimate purchaser, the right to seek relief from unlawful conduct, would essentially remove the word consumer from the Consumer Protection Act
- [link|http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?NewsID=1246&Page=1&pagePos=20|Nebraska Supreme Court]
New Feh. No one is as opinionated as you are.
Okay, maybe me and every other poster here ;-)
bcnu,
Mikem

New A man is, he doesnt need to be defined by others
     Worst rock song ever? Give this a spin. - (jbrabeck) - (98)
         After continued column reading, here are some replys - (jbrabeck)
         Want more? - (jbrabeck)
         How is that considered a 'rock' song? - (Silverlock) - (7)
             Oh man, that's making me nuts! - (Nightowl)
             Grand Funk Railroad - (broomberg) - (1)
                 Re: Grand Funk Railroad - (Nightowl)
             Foreigner - "It feels like the first time" is worse. Mucho. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Does "Like a Virgin" count as a rock song? -NT - (ChrisR) - (1)
                     NO. But it IS miserable... -NT - (jb4)
             Too easy... - (jb4)
         The lirics make me puke: - (Arkadiy)
         The Number 1 Worst Song of All Time of Any Type is... - (mmoffitt) - (41)
             Er... - (admin) - (40)
                 Feh. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     ICLRPD (new thread) - (Another Scott)
                 Er, ... - (mmoffitt) - (37)
                     Re: Er, ... - (admin) - (2)
                         Maybe, but it starts like this: - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                             Total Non-sequiter - (inthane-chan)
                     Simply - (Ashton) - (33)
                         100 % right on, Ash! (And shame on you, Troglodyte Mike!) -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             Troglodyte? - (mmoffitt)
                         It was not an abuse of the word. - (mmoffitt) - (30)
                             I didn't see any lyrics about her getting paid -NT - (drewk) - (29)
                                 they ALL get paid one way or the other -NT - (boxley)
                                 Not required: See underlined section of definition. HTH. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (27)
                                     OK, I missed that - (drewk) - (26)
                                         Why? Neither is desireable. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (25)
                                             Desirable to whom? - (ben_tilly) - (24)
                                                 Not desireable to anyone... - (mmoffitt) - (23)
                                                     "You're not going out dressed like THAT!" - (pwhysall)
                                                     Like this one? - (admin) - (18)
                                                         Nice. - (mmoffitt) - (17)
                                                             Nope, thanking my lucky stars I don't too. - (admin) - (16)
                                                                 I'm sure they will :-) - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                                                                     And if you have 5 - (jbrabeck) - (14)
                                                                         What happened? - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                                                             Me 2, Wife 3. 2 + 3 = 5 - (jbrabeck) - (12)
                                                                                 This is the story... of a man named Brabeck... -NT - (admin)
                                                                                 EGADS Man! - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                                                                                     Somehow I think you might like this strip: - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                                                                                         Actually this one fits - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                                                                                             Those are both great! -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                                                     It's really simple - (jbrabeck) - (5)
                                                                                         If I didn't tell you about my uncle... - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                                                             Yikes! -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                             Probably legal until... - (inthane-chan)
                                                                                             dunno what to say - (boxley)
                                                                                             IWE's Thundering Horde of - (Ashton)
                                                                                 And your address is ... ? -NT - (drewk)
                                                     Men vs guys - redux - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                         Feh. No one is as opinionated as you are. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                             A man is, he doesnt need to be defined by others -NT - (boxley)
         Stairway To Heaven. - (pwhysall) - (3)
             How's about: In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida -NT - (ChrisR) - (2)
                 Heathens! Both of yas! - (Yendor)
                 Yep, that's truly cack, too, -NT - (pwhysall)
         My nominee: Free Form Guitar (Chicago Transit Authority) - (ChrisR)
         Louie Louie. - (rickw)
         All of Yendormike's "music" collection. -NT - (pwhysall) - (32)
             Like the Beatles: Here comes the Shun - (ChrisR) - (30)
                 I Won't Let The Shun Go Down On Me -NT - (pwhysall) - (18)
                     Walking On Shunshine -NT - (pwhysall) - (17)
                         House Of The Rising Shun -NT - (pwhysall) - (16)
                             Black Shunshine -NT - (pwhysall) - (15)
                                 Shunshine on my shoulders. -NT - (folkert) - (14)
                                     Shunny! -NT - (Meerkat) - (13)
                                         Shunshine of Your Love! -NT - (jb4) - (10)
                                             You Are My Shunshine -NT - (jbrabeck) - (9)
                                                 Under the Big Black Shun -NT - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                                     Shun Arise (thanks Rolf Harris...) -NT - (Meerkat) - (7)
                                                         Into the Shun! -NT - (folkert) - (6)
                                                             Black Hole Shun -NT - (Silverlock) - (5)
                                                                 I, I, I... Ain't gonna play Shun City -NT - (Meerkat) - (3)
                                                                     I can't get no, satisfac-shun. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                         We have a winnah! -NT - (drewk)
                                                                         Ain't no shun.Shine when she's gone! -NT - (bepatient)
                                                                 Children of the SHUN! -NT - (folkert)
                                         Shunny came home -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                             Shunny and Cher sang that, right? -NT - (bepatient)
                 Unworthy of Attenshun__(and heretical, to boot) -NT - (Ashton) - (8)
                     So you say you want a Revolu-Shun? -NT - (ChrisR) - (7)
                         I am the Shun, and the heir... - (Meerkat) - (6)
                             Devil's Great Grandshun -NT - (folkert) - (5)
                                 Carribean Queen... by Billy O'Shun? -NT - (Meerkat) - (4)
                                     :-) - Ben by Michael Jackshun -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                         Beautiful People by Marilyn Man-Shun... -NT - (Meerkat)
                                         shun-tilly lace by the Big Bopper :-) -NT - (cforde)
                                         For Every Acshun, There's a Jackshun - Bronson - (cforde)
                 Here comes the Shun again - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     But tomorrow may rain so, I'll follow the Shun. -NT - (Meerkat)
             Only one reply needed: The BITCH is Back. -NT - (Yendor)
         Mua HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! Worst Songs!!! MUA! - (gdaustin) - (5)
             Worst song of all time - (Silverlock) - (1)
                 You're just too young to remember how it was when - (Ashton)
             Hold on now - (drewk)
             Add "Run, Joey, Run" to the Pop section - (lincoln) - (1)
                 Ok, I'll run, jst don't hit me.. ;-j -NT - (jbrabeck)

You know the French. The problem with them is that they have no word for entrepreneur.
140 ms