IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You forget, Ross
I don't have Cable, I can't watch the History Channel.

Nightowl >8#

"Don't be a cynic and disconsolate preacher. Don't bewail and moan. Omit the negative propositions. Challenge us with incessant affirmatives. Don't waste yourself in rejection, or bark against the bad, but chant the beauty of the good." Ralph Waldo Emerson
New Fair enough
[link|http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Nazi+memorabilia&btnG=Google+Search|Nazi Memorabilia]

[link|http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&lr=lang_en%7Clang_fr%7Clang_de%7Clang_it&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&c2coff=1&q=shoah+memorabilia&btnG=Google+Search&lr=lang_en%7Clang_fr%7Clang_de%7Clang_it|Shoah Memorabilia]

You tell me which is more popular.
-drl
New Okay
Based on that search, Nazi memorabilia is more popular with 38, 200 hits. But I never heard of a Shoah which gives 1,570 hits.

However a search on Holocaust Memorabilia turns up 22,600.hits. and one on Jewish Memorabilia turns up 60,300 hits.

It depends on what words you use, really.

I myself have German and Nazi war memorabilia, but I also have American, French, British, and Italian. I was unable to procure any Russian at the time.

I don't know if I have any Holocaust stuff, but I wasn't trying to get any, just originally, the miltary stuff. I almost owned a flag taken from the top of the French Embassy in France when the Americans liberated it, which was signed by all the liberators, but my mom refused to allow me to purchase it.

So it's a matter of opinion. But don't get me wrong, OWNING memorabilia from WWI and Nazi Germany, (mostly I have money and a few other little things like an Iron Cross), does not in any way, shape or form mean I honor them, venerate Hitler, or hold high respect. It was just part of a collection I was amassing at the time.

Edit: I also do not know that I would consider the Internet a good judge of popularity or respect of a given concept or thing.

Nightowl >8#

"Don't be a cynic and disconsolate preacher. Don't bewail and moan. Omit the negative propositions. Challenge us with incessant affirmatives. Don't waste yourself in rejection, or bark against the bad, but chant the beauty of the good." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Expand Edited by Nightowl March 10, 2004, 02:41:38 PM EST
     houghtful commentary on gibsons movie, the Passion - (boxley) - (58)
         Ever see 'Dogma'? - (drewk)
         More - anti-Jew stance still a winner - (deSitter) - (56)
             interesting point made - (boxley) - (1)
                 Ah, the Bush technique of selecting press questioners. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             I think you've flipped. - (Nightowl) - (12)
                 C'est l'eau de Saint Louis -NT - (pwhysall)
                 Demur - (Ashton) - (10)
                     Did that help, Owl? -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                         Re: Did that help, Owl? - (Nightowl) - (1)
                             The french means, more or less - (hnick)
                     Sorry Ashton, - (Nightowl) - (6)
                         Re: Sorry Ashton, - (deSitter) - (3)
                             You forget, Ross - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                 Fair enough - (deSitter) - (1)
                                     Okay - (Nightowl)
                         There's a certain mindset in the grognard crew... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                             Strangely.. - (deSitter)
             That's a crock, de - (cwbrenn) - (40)
                 read the book, :-) and got a question for ya - (boxley) - (2)
                     I did, in fact. - (cwbrenn) - (1)
                         good review - (boxley)
                 Re: That's a crock, de - (deSitter) - (32)
                     Re: That's a crock, de - (cwbrenn) - (25)
                         ignore - (deSitter)
                         Re: That's a crock, de - (deSitter) - (22)
                             It wasn't intended to - (cwbrenn) - (21)
                                 That wasn't my experience - (Nightowl)
                                 But Gibson has a thing with violence - (deSitter) - (19)
                                     Perhaps, but existence is not always obsession - (FuManChu) - (8)
                                         Re: Perhaps, but existence is not always obsession - (deSitter) - (7)
                                             Violence in theatre is different - (cwbrenn) - (6)
                                                 no the movie was something he wanted to do - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     "Get Job!", the movie - (deSitter)
                                                 Re: Violence in theatre is different. Addendum - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                     So then... - (cwbrenn) - (2)
                                                         It's always less risky to shoot dead messengers___:-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                             LOL. Well writ! -NT - (cwbrenn)
                                     So what? - (cwbrenn) - (9)
                                         Ah, now that's a question, then. - (pwhysall) - (7)
                                             Re: Ah, now that's a question, then. - (cwbrenn) - (5)
                                                 You answer wisely, young Jedi :) - (pwhysall)
                                                 Forgetting DK? -NT - (FuManChu) - (2)
                                                     No, not forgetting. - (cwbrenn) - (1)
                                                         They are derivative -NT - (deSitter)
                                                 On hardcore... - (pwhysall)
                                             Black Flag, The Ramones, Richard Hell, Souxie -NT - (deSitter)
                                         Reminds me of Scratch Acid - (altmann)
                         Re: That's a crock, de - (pwhysall)
                     Re: That's a crock, de - (cwbrenn)
                     Sorry, I keep responding piecemeal. - (cwbrenn) - (4)
                         It's very simple - (deSitter) - (3)
                             Sure... a degree of sensitivity, yes - (cwbrenn) - (2)
                                 No they were plotting to kill an upstart rabbi - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Re: No they were plotting to kill an upstart rabbi - (cwbrenn)
                 Good to see you! - (pwhysall) - (3)
                     Thank you! - (cwbrenn) - (1)
                         Excellent... - (pwhysall)
                     Ditto.. and a small dot.NYET, .NIT re page: - (Ashton)

I've never been so insulted in all my week!
92 ms