IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New after looking at the opengrid interface document
it appears to be YAN with a monolithic face and replacable plugins distributing service requests via addressable handles.
thanx,
bill
I do hold an englishman's brothel is his castle , where he should behave accordingly--as many flash tails as he likes , but none of the troop fornications that the orientals and germans indulge in. Its not the indecency I mind , but the company of a lot of boozy brutes hallooing and kicking up a deuce of a row when I want to concentrate and give off my best. A regular bacchanalia is something to see right enough, but I am with the discriminating Frog who said that one is interesting, but only a cad would make a habit of it.
Sir Harold Flashman esquire VC OBE

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Re: Yup, Older proven concept but new 'sexy' name

The part that got my interest was the integration with Web Services.

Another interesting aspect is that the Globus Alliance Toolkit (the way to GRID enable any computer) is currently UNIX based & only subsets work on Windows.

That tells me that IBM appear to be yet again boosting Linux in a way that keeps Windows at bay.

It seems that Microsoft is being left to do its Windows GRID enablement all on its own whereas IBM & the various Unix supporters are harnessing the Open Source movement. Could be a nice move.

Doug Marker
     Looking for people interested in a discussion on GRID ... - (dmarker) - (24)
         Im in give me a few days to catch up on the reading -NT - (boxley) - (13)
             Followed a few of the newsletter links - usual pattern emerg - (dmarker) - (12)
                 What is it? - (deSitter) - (11)
                     As far as I can tell ... - (dmarker) - (10)
                         Re: As far as I can tell ... - (deSitter) - (9)
                             Re: As far as I can tell ... - (dmarker)
                             They used to say that about SMP - (broomberg) - (7)
                                 Re: They used to say that about SMP - (deSitter)
                                 Perhaps I am missing some history, but... - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                                     I dug up these docs that cover a range of technologies - (dmarker) - (4)
                                         Check out Infiniband - (broomberg) - (3)
                                             Re: Check out Infiniband - Tks had not seen it before - (dmarker) - (1)
                                                 Apples and Oranges - (broomberg)
                                             I found this diag on IBM site - (dmarker)
         I've dealt with Sun Gridware - (broomberg) - (1)
             Re: I had prepared a series of 4 sessions, GRID wasn't - (dmarker)
         xGrid - Apple's take on it - (tuberculosis)
         after looking at the opengrid interface document - (boxley) - (1)
             Re: Yup, Older proven concept but new 'sexy' name - (dmarker)
         Re:Found this link. IBM & China - world's largest GRID... - (dmarker)
         Not just for web services anymore... - (slugbug) - (1)
             Re: Followed these ones ... - (dmarker)
         Summary plus additional thoughts ... - (dmarker) - (1)
             jumping in - (boxley)

IANK.
152 ms