IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yes. it has been very informative.
What mildly surprises me is that so many people can interpret the religious texts to fit their personal objectives. (as Jay has made clear above and elsewhere)

It seems like the Islamic extremists are repeating the same mistakes as the Crusaders and the moderate Islamics are remaining silent as innocent believers are being murdered.

I still have incredible faith that good will prevail over evil no matter how many people are murdered by these satanic terrorists.

P.S. I regards to interpreting the scriptures for personal objectives I realized that some here might accuse me of that (and they might be right). I am trying to find scriptures that support a peaceful and compassionate solution to our current problems. I feel that the One True God would prefer that type of solution. Islamic extremists try to find scriptures that support a violent and dis-compassionate solution. I guess we all have free will.
Expand Edited by brettj Oct. 16, 2001, 07:09:32 PM EDT
New Brett, this has squat to do with religion
Osama does this because he can. Most of us, heck all of us are capable of great evil. I know I am. Osama being a born into has had no struggle to work to feed himself and family, he has had a world class(by travelling the world) education and has found solace in a cause, then aggrandizing the cause for his own personable joy. He is a little boy torturing animals, and runs and hides. He has a fantasy world he lives in that unfortunately impacts the real world. Look at the interview with his son. A muslim may not shake your hand but Afhgans are danged friendly people. This cat does not even aknowledge a non Muslim by eye contact! This is fairy tale land, sinbad and the Pirates. Osama is trying to recreate the cult of the old man of the mountain. A sick and insane view of the world that used to make Muslim empires tread in fear. It lasted until the Caliphs mounted a determined effort to eradicate the fortress of the assasins and all his followers. Then the shit stopped. That is what we have to do now. G_D has nothing to do with this, this is sheer wolf and coyote killing to protect the flocks.
thanx,
bill
tshirt front "born to die before I get old"
thshirt back "fscked another one didnja?"
New Religious terrorist hide behind religion
... when what they really want is power, revenge and control. They hide behind their righteousness as they plot evil and destruction. In so doing, they harm the momentum and reputation of the religion they pretend to support. They tie evil to religion when religion is supposed to bring out the good in people. (to help God's children find peaceful solutions to life's problems)

So in a sense you are right and wrong, just as we are all good and evil. The real question is, which side will we favor when deciding the future of our lives?

New It's not about religion!
As Bill said rather succinctly. That is spin. Think mafia, KKK, Hitler Youth, the clinic bombers, or even Rev Foulwell: if he had at his disposal say Suicide Crusaders for Christ -- it isn't Allah against JC: that propaganda is patently about recruiting the impoverished and naive - and especially those raised by parents who would use them as weapons, and say it is for God (and some virgins, later).

No holybook writings have *anything* to do with this war and its tactics: guerilla VS techno-power / 3rd world VS Rich world.

Had 9/11 not happened, we would (as all time previously) remain totally uninterested in the 'faith' or plight of these opponents - they are losers by our standards, too poor to matter: because they cannot do bizness with us. That is our main 'interest' in Any other group or nation. Clear?

All the rest is spin, propaganda for recruiting as many guerilla expendable troops as they can / bucking up our boys n' girls to defend our wealth. Our opponents may settle for merely destroying as much of our wealth as possible; this because: they realize fully that, they are impotent to take it in the usual ways of warfare! Thus - their job is much easier, as is their minimal strength leveraged by three main facets:

1) Via their stealth and anonymity: we must waste huge efforts to find them individually.

2) As it is impossible to 'harden against attack' an open society: their targets are manifold and largely vulnerable.

3) Via exploiting the religion concept to galvanize normal people to commit suicide (for fantasy rewards and evocation of moral fervor) - their access to targets is further magnified.

You will find it easier to keep score and do armchair quarterbacking as the Tee Vee War is rolled out before us all, replacing the daily soaps: if you do not continue to imagine that this has anything at all to do with Truth Beauty and Righteousness (as in: picking the god which will support Your side\ufffd, kick other side in teeth.)

HTH

Ashton
     Fighting terrorism using Islamic Law - (brettj) - (18)
         Wild-card. - (static) - (6)
             What I've determined ... - (brettj) - (1)
                 Sort of - (JayMehaffey)
             Resolving Bible-Koran conflicts - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                 "The Koran was dictated by Muhammed" Also the book of Mormon - (boxley)
                 That's a good point. - (static)
                 More Koranic proof that bin Laden is evil - (brettj)
         Dream On - (deSitter) - (1)
             Yellow smileys! - (marlowe)
         Re: Fighting terrorism using Islamic Law - (JayMehaffey) - (3)
             It's all about perspective? - (brettj) - (2)
                 Partially - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                     Re: refuting terrorism and Bible ties - (brettj)
         The following link may be helpful to you - (ben_tilly) - (4)
             Yes. it has been very informative. - (brettj) - (3)
                 Brett, this has squat to do with religion - (boxley) - (2)
                     Religious terrorist hide behind religion - (brettj) - (1)
                         It's not about religion! - (Ashton)

The state motto is "E pluribus pluribus" ...
55 ms