IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Of course I have further advice to give
You are correct that the thread migrated to religion from elsewhere. My advice is that if you know that you are not interested in the topic, and if it migrates out of your sight, then leave it be.

On your scientific literacy, until you actually demonstrate some knowledge, I see no reason to assume that you have it.

Ben
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
New You'd need to assume?
Ben goes on:
On your scientific literacy, until you actually demonstrate some knowledge, I see no reason to assume that you have it.
Huh?

I thought I'd done(*) that, here and in the other fora we've inhabited over the years. But, what the hey, either I've posted less than I thought, or you just didn't read it / forgot it.

Anywhichway, guess I'll have to live with that... Because I'm not about to write a High School essay on the process of science -- an eternal provisorium, from hypothesis to experiment, falsifiability and repeatability, yadda yadda yadda -- for you. I *could*, of course, but what the fuck would be the use? You'd never know if I wrote it from my own knowledge, or put it together from bits and pieces I found on the Internet. (Heck, I could probably get most of it from posts by you! :-)

So by all means, (be like a Creationist and :-) hang on to your misconceptions.

(*): Not to the level of a practicing scientist, of course, but as a (hopefully well-)informed layman; having taken the "Natural Sciences" curriculum in the Gymnasium (approx. "High School", for Yanks) and kept on reading stuff --popularisations, to be sure, but hopefully mainly reputable ones -- occasionally in my free time ever since.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Resident [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=119792|zIWETHEY pilkunnussija]
     In other words (Ben is such a fucking wuss)... - (CRConrad) - (70)
         Learn some history, asshole - (ben_tilly) - (69)
             Ben is right - (deSitter)
             Learn to read, Fuck-face. - (CRConrad) - (27)
                 Learn to read yourself - (ben_tilly) - (26)
                     You learn first. - (CRConrad) - (25)
                         Of course I have further advice to give - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                             You'd need to assume? - (CRConrad)
                         Thank you... I knew you weren't really completely a lamer - (danreck) - (22)
                             On that side bet - (ben_tilly) - (19)
                                 Re: On that side bet - (danreck) - (18)
                                     Dumbass. - (admin) - (11)
                                         Ouch... - (danreck)
                                         Oh, and by the way... - (danreck) - (9)
                                             Re: Oh, and by the way... - (deSitter)
                                             Re: Oh, and by the way... - (admin) - (7)
                                                 Old English UNIX - (deSitter) - (6)
                                                     If yer gonna Old English, do it right, dufus - (jb4) - (5)
                                                         That's not Old English, fuckwit. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                                             Dorkus Maximus... - (danreck)
                                                             Ignorant? -NT - (folkert) - (1)
                                                                 I once ahad a coworker - (Arkadiy)
                                                             And damn proud of it too, butthole! -NT - (jb4)
                                     Re: On that side bet - (deSitter)
                                     Who chooses the book? - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                         Re: Who chooses the book? - (danreck) - (3)
                                             And *that* is a sucker bet - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                 An apology from the FLAME FORUM? - (hnick)
                                                 Fair enough... - (danreck)
                             [Edit: Typo] Been going to say this for a while: - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                 ICLRPD (new thread) - (Silverlock)
             bah, what crap, creationism is correct - (boxley) - (39)
                 Yes indeed - (orion) - (12)
                     You might want to read this. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                         FUD plain and simple -NT - (orion) - (8)
                             This post left blank because there's nothing one can say. -NT - (CRConrad) - (6)
                                 Imagine that - (orion) - (5)
                                     By your fuckwittery, yes. -NT - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                         Just can't get over it can you - (orion) - (3)
                                             And also unlike Peter, you're just plain fucking STUPID. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                 I don't have the time to waste combating fud. - (orion) - (1)
                                                     That was an excerpt. Read the linked article for the proofs. -NT - (Another Scott)
                             Facts, Understanding and Demonstration? Yup, it is. :-\ufffd -NT - (Another Scott)
                     the accidental ape is not nescessarily in the design - (boxley) - (1)
                         Indeed - (orion)
                 What a carefully thought out and informed position... -NT - (ben_tilly) - (25)
                     yup - (boxley) - (24)
                         Nice little gap in that reasoning - (ben_tilly) - (23)
                             Eyes? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                 No mystery there. - (admin) - (3)
                                     An honest question - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                         Yes - (ben_tilly)
                                     Thanks. - (mmoffitt)
                             ok lets start with a carbon based life form - (boxley) - (17)
                                 Chaos theory as misunderstood, you mean? - (ben_tilly) - (16)
                                     More non-sequiteurs - (jake123) - (2)
                                         Body piercings don't have this kind of torque, though. -NT - (admin)
                                         ICLRPD! (new thread) - (jb4)
                                     large phlem dripping from a donkeys ass - (boxley) - (12)
                                         I'll amend that statement - (ben_tilly) - (11)
                                             NON SEQUITUR - (admin) - (1)
                                                 Sorry, boxley's spelin is werng off - (ben_tilly)
                                             Of course, you have met me, do I act at all reasonable? - (boxley) - (8)
                                                 But, I see no mention of extinctions. - (a6l6e6x)
                                                 I've met you and you act like you don't give a shit - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                                                     good link pole shifts can and do explain a lot -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                                                         Hey - You can't do THAT! - (broomberg) - (3)
                                                             naw busy trying to find the link - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                 Dream on - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                                     a squint in yer eye - (boxley)
                                                         Poleax shifts.. - (Ashton)

They should name these things for their discoverers, like comets.
82 ms