IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Too many FUCKING DOGS!
Well, I had an interesting Christmas Eve experience... kinda an extension of part of my trip. And it begs me to ask the question, "Who needs 14 fucking dogs?????"

This has been unbelievable and last night went into the extremes!! First, we have to be sure someone is at home to let us in the gate at John's mom's house, because the dogs will "herd" and bite you through it if you try on your own. So once through the gate, you can't get out of the car until his mom comes outside, because they surround your car and bark and jump. It's also really hard to drive without running over the dogs!

Then, we can't get in the house because the dogs won't let us, so his mom had to go get the box of dog bones I had left there from earlier on the trip,,, and I had to coax each stupid fucking dog to let us in and past them... even then, many of them were growling and eyeing us and well it made for some nice tension.

We finally get in the house, and now the dogs have decided I'm the one with the bones, so they surround me.... and I'm afraid to walk anywhere. His mom had to grab a couple and let me out of the circle of dogs...

Unbelievable shit!!! Then we manage to have dinner, but all the dogs are around the table. One is growling under my feet, and I manage to be stern and yell at it and it stops. Then it finally moves. Another is growling on the side and snapping at another dog, and here I am, halfway between them.... YIKES! Then John's stepdad feeds one of them something from the table, so now they all stand at attention by us wanting food. I tell them no way, I'm not feeding them.

Finally dinner is over, and the dogs get to lick all the plates... plus they try to climb on the fucking table and eat what they didn't have! I yell at them to sit down, get down, etc. John's mom goes off to practice at church, John's stepdad goes upstairs and leaves us downstairs.... with the dogs. Lovely.

We go in the back room where the computer is and shut the door. Meanwhile, the dogs are climbing on the stove and knocking pans off. (His mom allows this, so I make no effort to stop them), and we kill an hour in the computer room with the three dogs that came in... rather calm ones, at least.

Time to leave for the Christmas Eve Service. I realize that I forgot to bring my black turtleneck inside to change because it's colder there. We can't go out to the car to get it without being dog-chaperoned and his stepdad isn't up for it. So we decided I would change at the church. Now we try to get out the front door. No dice. Dogs are not going to allow it. Ridiculous. So his stepdad decides to take us out the back door, which is where the computer is. Some dogs are still outside, no idea how many are where, too many to keep track of. We step out back and it's pitch black. We can't see. John refuses to walk, and so do I, because the back porch goes to a sort of drop off, and we can NOT FUCKING SEE!

His stepdad can't find the flashlight so he goes around in the dark and turns on the front porch light. John can see a little now, and he leads me around to the car. Dogs converge on us, the stepdad tries to get them away, John and I manage to get in the car, stepdad opens gate, and we leave.

UN-FUCKING BELIEVABLE!!!!

We get to the church, I want to put on the turtleneck. To make matters worse, it's been out in the car and is REALLY cold. I get there they say, go outside to the bathroom, because they won't let me up by the front to get through. I go around and there is a huge dog lying there (not one of John's familie's dogs). John decides to walk by it, it lets us. I change in this really cold, really little bathroom, finally get done and get in the church and sit.

The church service goes fine. After the service, his mom leads us back, (leading the way in her car), opens the gate and tries to corral the dogs as we get out. They growl and one eyes me but I look it in the eye and try to be brave and walk on in. Then they are all excited that we are coming in the door. She gets me the dog bones, and we repeat the fucking entering routine.

We get in, stepdad isn't wanting to come down to open presents. He hurt his back earlier, apparently, and went to bed after we left. So we open presents, without much ceremony, with dogs all around growling and hovering. We get that done, she corrals dogs again, we manage to get out the door throwing dog bones all the way, she opens the gate, we get to the car and leave again. WHEW!

A little ways out, we smell something horrid. It's a fucking AWFUL smell. Turns out we had stepped in lovely DOG SHIT on the way out, BOTH of us. So I spend the rest of my Christmas Eve in a gas station in Espanola, cleaning off our shoes with paper towels and a plastic fork! I also manage to get my shoe so wet that my foot is cold!!! I also have to clean off both floor mats, and the brake and accelerator! We finally leave Espanola around 11:00 p.m. our time, I think, get back to Placitas near Albuquerque, somewhere around midnight. I had a headache, my stomach was upset, I was in a bad mood, and I was freezing.

Merry Fucking Christmas to me.

Nightowl >8#

P.S. Sorry for the bad attitude, but I had to write it or say it somewhere. Hopefully today will get better.

"I love the sound of CNN in the morning! Even if it is only temporary!" -- Temporary Owl thought while in New Mexico.
New Who needs even one dog.
Smelly, expensive, troublesome, dangerous sycophants (or [link|http://www.unwords.com/unword/psychophant.html|psychophants]?) that subject you to the risk of lawsuits and criminal prosecution.

I avoid dating women who have a dog (more than one would be entirely out of the question) because they can never stay the night - they have to rush home and take care of the dog. They complain about this inconvenience but the moment the dog dies they rush out and buy another one.

There was a very annoying yapping, whining small dog often tethered inside an open echoy garage in the condos next door. It suddenly stopped. They're all Koreans over there, so I've been wondering if they "did the right thing" with it for some special event.

I have a couple of recipes if you need them.

[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Re: Too many FUCKING DOGS!
People who hoard animals are sick. They will pretend to be animal lovers, but the worst kind of animal abuser often starts out as a hoarder. They actually love only themselves. My crazy-ex was of this stripe - would care about an animal until it lost the cuteness factor, then up to me to take it to the shelter when she tired of it. She drove one cat completely mad and one day it just ran away - surprise.

Another ex-GF's parents had housebound Weimaraners - small house, two enormous, stupid, inbred hounds with the run of the place. The back yard was an unusable minefield of excrement. You might as well conduct a barbecue in a batcave.

-drl
New Arf! shoulda kicked a few dog asses, they'd leave ya alone
stick a spork in it.

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Would have tried...
'Cept they were big enough to knock me over. Fortunately, they didn't, although it almost happened twice.

I don't think I scare them much, not even when I yelled at them. (sigh).

Nightowl >8#
"I love the sound of CNN in the morning! Even if it is only temporary!" -- Temporary Owl thought while in New Mexico.
New Next time, bring an "Airhorn"
dogs have sensitive ears, blast it at them and they might go away for a while. :)

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Ah, that's one of the things worrying me
That we'll have a next time. (sigh).

See, we're trying to think of a way to not ever stay there again, other than to go and visit, which is bad enough.... but I know that's going to hurt his mom's feelings.

On the other hand, I can't handle that much tension and stress with all those dogs. My stomach has been upset ever since Christmas Eve. (sigh).

I also have to write my monthly letter when I get home, and well, do I write how bad it really was, or do I write that to everyone else and edit it for his mom?

I hate family entanglements and messes like this. (sigh).

Nightowl >8#
New simple solution to dog packs, squirt gun
fill it with water and when you arrive open the window and snarl at them while squirting water on them. They will assume you are urinating on them and get very embarrassed because only an extremely powerful dog would deign to pee on them. One gets a little loud out comes the squirt gun. After a while you pointing at them will cow them.
luck,
famdamilies are a nuisance.
thanx,
bill
stick a spork in it.

New When did you get so soft?
I'd expect you to tell her to actually piss on them. Works better, too.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New I've heard ammonia works too!
Alex

In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty. -- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826), US president
New 14 dogs is a lot of beer
besides having trained dogs for lots of purposes I use tools that are easy to use and effective. Works well on yappy mutts also.
thanx,
bill
stick a spork in it.

New Also, works a lot better for us guys than (Night-)chicks...
New You could claim an allergy to dogs.
You did sniffle and have trouble sleeping, didn't you?
Alex

In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty. -- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826), US president
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x Dec. 27, 2003, 05:34:05 PM EST
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x Dec. 27, 2003, 07:31:04 PM EST
New So, was that an intentional test...
...to see which of us "grammer and speling natzees" would pounce first?

Heck, even if it wasn't: Whysall, EAT MY DUST!

:-)

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Resident [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=119792|zIWETHEY pilkunnussija]
Expand Edited by CRConrad Dec. 28, 2003, 11:13:19 AM EST
New Hah, a perfectionist pilkunnussija indeed! :)
Alex

New Sorry, too busy drinking

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
New Re: You could claim an allergy to dogs.
Yep, I did, but I have never been allergic to dogs before. Was wondering if that many could have affected my regular allergies, or perhaps the fact that they made everything so dirty and dusty and smelly could have.

Keeping that one in mind too, thanks Alex. And I didn't mind your spelling errors. :)

Nightowl >8#
New You could try being honest with her
lying about an allergy is so much not like you.

Be honest, tell her your feelings when the dogs went after you, tell her how you felt, how scared you were, how it made you uncomfortable.

Suggest that next time she put the dogs in a barn or another building they own so they won't have that effect on you next time you visit them.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

Expand Edited by orion Dec. 27, 2003, 08:40:52 PM EST
New Re: You could try being honest with her
That is the general plan. I wouldn't lie to her, I was just wondering why my allergy was so awful in the house, so the number of dogs was a possible factor.

John said I could be honest, I'm just working on a tactful way to say it all, and also trying to decide if I should tell her personally in an email before sending out the general one.

Honestly, at this point, I just want to go home... we are starting back on Monday. It's nice here, at his dad's, with the laptop and CNN, but honestly, I want my Nikolai back, and my shower massage, and my birdie... and my house.

Nightowl >8#
New Some laws have a limit on the dogs you can own
depending on the city or state. Unless you are an animal shelter, or puppy farm, or pet store or something like that.

If you befreind them and feed them after a while, they will recognize your sent as a friend.

Heh, you almost needed a taser or cattle prod to get past them. :)

New Re: Some laws have a limit on the dogs you can own
Yep, unfortunately, I don't think that's the case in Dixon, N.M. I think as long as you have a certain amount of acreage it doesn't matter, cause they can own goats, sheep, etc.

I was wishing for one of those stun guns, or maybe a nice dart pistol, at times, honestly. I'm glad we're done seeing the dogs this trip. We're staying here till the 29th, at his dad's and then heading back home.

No more fucking dogs, YAY!

Nightowl >8#
New anyplace that has a limit on how many dogs you can own
is fucked from the get go
thanx,
bill
stick a spork in it.

New Get yerself a spine, tell the old bitch to make her mind up:
She can either have a human family, or be the queen-bitch of a dog-pack, but not both.

Better yet, call John to the computer and have him read this: YOU better get yourself a spine and tell the old bitch to make her mind up, Johnny-boy.

Sheeesh... These things are so simple and fucking OBVIOUS; why do you even have to ask?!?

(Note for the linguistically-impaired: That was a rhetorical question. (Second note, for the vocabulary-challenged: That means you're not supposed to answer it.))

Resident [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=119792|zIWETHEY pilkunnussija]
New Trying to use tact
Re: Get yerself a spine, tell the old bitch to make her mind. She can either have a human family, or be the queen-bitch of a dog-pack, but not both.

Well the biggest problem there is 90% of the time it's just her and her husband. I somehow suspect the dogs ARE their family for the most part.

Better yet, call John to the computer and have him read this: YOU better get yourself a spine and tell the old bitch to make her mind up, Johnny-boy.

He already got a spine enough to tell her we weren't spending the night Christmas Eve. We want to tell her how we feel, but we are trying to do it in some sort of more diplomatic way so that family relations are not destroyed.

And even though your question was rhetorical, I was not really asking when I first came in here.... mostly I was ranting. And I'm basically musing to myself the best way to handle it.

I love the squirtgun suggestion. ;)

Nightowl >8#

New Don't sugar-coat it, the truth can help and hurt
You see because you are trying to sugar-coat it, they may not get the message. Be direct and tell them the truth, tell them how you felt when the dogs came out, and ask them if they could put the dogs in another building during your next visit. I am sure that they will understand, if not then they are not good inlaws because they value dogs over family. A dog is a pet, not a family member. If the pet gets out of line, you have to control them, if they bother the guests or family members, you have to put them away somewhere. It is the responsibility of owning pets to control them.

Would you put your bird in a cage and throw a blanket over it, if it kept pecking at your mother-in-law's face and eyes? Of course you would. Same deal here.

New Re: Don't sugar-coat it, the truth can help and hurt
You see because you are trying to sugar-coat it, they may not get the message. Be direct and tell them the truth, tell them how you felt when the dogs came out, and ask them if they could put the dogs in another building during your next visit. I am sure that they will understand, if not then they are not good inlaws because they value dogs over family. A dog is a pet, not a family member. If the pet gets out of line, you have to control them, if they bother the guests or family members, you have to put them away somewhere. It is the responsibility of owning pets to control them.

I'm not really trying to "sugar-coat" it, just say it with tact. Rather than say, for example, "It smells really bad staying there with all those dogs, and there is hair everywhere" I would like to try and say, "The scent of dog is rather overwhelming and the hair gets on everything and I think it makes me sneeze."

That's an example.

As for putting them in another building, it really won't work, bottom line is I don't want to "stay" there anymore. Visit, yes, but not stay. And when we visit, i would like them controlled a little more, as in rounded up so we can get out of the car safely, and into the house FIRST, then if they have to be let out, we aren't trying to go in and out of doors, which seems to make them nuts.

And I would really like them to provide some sort of lighting, even if it's a flashlight, (ours was in the car, and thus useless because we didn't think to take it out of the car and into the house,) to get us in and out where we don't step in stuff or be unable to see.

There are things they could do to make it a better visit, but I don't know how willing they would be. Like maybe putting them all outside during dinner, even.

Don't worry, Norman, I will make sure she gets the message, trust me. Just with tact.

Would you put your bird in a cage and throw a blanket over it, if it kept pecking at your mother-in-law's face and eyes? Of course you would. Same deal here.

Yeah only big difference is my birdie is easier to catch and cage than 14 loose running romping dogs. But yeah, same deal in some ways.

Nightowl >8#
New Classic Cyclic
(Note for the linguistically-impaired: That was a rhetorical question. (Second note, for the vocabulary-challenged: That means you're not supposed to answer it.))

You are at home in this forum, aren't you?
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating that facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT
New You betcher scrawny li'l ass I am, muthafucka!
New Oh yeah? What do YOU know about my ass?!?
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating that facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT
New It's *bound* to be scrawny, because I DO know...
...that you're fucking _O_L_D_ as Methuselah, "mr Burns"!

Sheesh... What's with all these people recently, asking questions where the answer is fucking obvious...?

New Methuselah?!?
I dated her once. People kept warning me about "jail-bait"...but I didn't care!

(Had to wear sunglasses, tho...)
jb4
New "Her" ?!? Needed glasses already then, didja...?
[Edit: Fixed typo in "Subject:" line.]

[[P.S (Note for DrooK): I think I found a legitimate use for this trick.]]
Expand Edited by CRConrad Dec. 30, 2003, 01:57:13 PM EST
New ICLRPD
jb4
     Too many FUCKING DOGS! - (Nightowl) - (32)
         Who needs even one dog. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Re: Too many FUCKING DOGS! - (deSitter)
         Arf! shoulda kicked a few dog asses, they'd leave ya alone -NT - (boxley) - (15)
             Would have tried... - (Nightowl) - (14)
                 Next time, bring an "Airhorn" - (orion) - (13)
                     Ah, that's one of the things worrying me - (Nightowl) - (12)
                         simple solution to dog packs, squirt gun - (boxley) - (4)
                             When did you get so soft? - (drewk) - (3)
                                 I've heard ammonia works too! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                 14 dogs is a lot of beer - (boxley)
                                 Also, works a lot better for us guys than (Night-)chicks... -NT - (CRConrad)
                         You could claim an allergy to dogs. - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
                             So, was that an intentional test... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                 Hah, a perfectionist pilkunnussija indeed! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                 Sorry, too busy drinking -NT - (pwhysall)
                             Re: You could claim an allergy to dogs. - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                 You could try being honest with her - (orion) - (1)
                                     Re: You could try being honest with her - (Nightowl)
         Some laws have a limit on the dogs you can own - (orion) - (2)
             Re: Some laws have a limit on the dogs you can own - (Nightowl)
             anyplace that has a limit on how many dogs you can own - (boxley)
         Get yerself a spine, tell the old bitch to make her mind up: - (CRConrad) - (10)
             Trying to use tact - (Nightowl) - (2)
                 Don't sugar-coat it, the truth can help and hurt - (orion) - (1)
                     Re: Don't sugar-coat it, the truth can help and hurt - (Nightowl)
             Classic Cyclic - (jb4) - (5)
                 You betcher scrawny li'l ass I am, muthafucka! -NT - (CRConrad) - (4)
                     Oh yeah? What do YOU know about my ass?!? -NT - (jb4) - (3)
                         It's *bound* to be scrawny, because I DO know... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                             Methuselah?!? - (jb4) - (1)
                                 "Her" ?!? Needed glasses already then, didja...? -NT - (CRConrad)
             ICLRPD - (jb4)

Somewhere out there, a Big Cheetah is still running WordStar and extremely anal benchmarks...
324 ms