IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well, I survived some of the worst...
And they were local too.

I can handle Ross, I'll either respond when I feel the need, or ignore him when I feel the need. As I explained, what I couldn't handle was being considered insulting to him when all I was was highly wary of meeting with him in person after the way he's treated me here since day one.

Trust me, he won't drive me off here. No one will drive me off here, because I've stood against those that tried their damnedest to drive me from a board, and failed.

Nightowl >8#

"The difference between being immature and child-like is that one is what you are, and one is what you choose to be."

Comment by Nightowl {O,O}
New (well, the FQ is a separate moral universe)
A very large story, I do not doubt, here told with an admirable economy of words:

I've stood against those that tried their damnedest to drive me from a board, and failed.

Now, why ever would anyone try to do a thing like that?
New Well...
Now, why ever would anyone try to do a thing like that?

Because they wanted my husband.

Nightowl >8#
"The difference between being immature and child-like is that one is what you are, and one is what you choose to be."

New Driving off a BBS
well maybe for the same reasons that certain someones wanted to drive me off this board and also the Internet. :)

Affinity was an adult BBS, you had to be 21 or older to get a working account. The SYSOP required a photocopy of your driver's license or state ID card proving your birthdate, I showed him my ID at a bowling event. The message board and chat rooms were filled with all kinds of things going on. People would try to manupulate you to get what they wanted. Sometimes they would tell a story about how their SO abused them, or maybe how lonley they were because they didn't have a SO. Sometimes they would make up stories and rumors about other users they didn't like. It was much like a Soap Opera. I was always too technical, the computer nerd that everyone asked for advice but couldn't stand the information overflow. :) I was know as Cable online. "Cable would you please stop rattling on about computers and get to the point?" Some would say. :) Owl's husband JohnF was very popular, and had an Ex that was on the BBS and she had friends who did what they could to torture Owl into leaving John and the BBS. It did not work, and Owl stayed with John.

It was worse than the Usenet, because most of these people were local and you would met them at BBS Events. I bowled against many of my antagonists at bowling events, sometimes beating them and other times getting beaten. In bowling score of course, no fistfights broke out thank goodness. :)

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New No one wanted to "drive you off"
certain someones wanted to drive me off this board and also the Internet. :)
We just wanted you to stop being an unutterably insufferable prick. We did, of course, want to drive off the multitude of false identities you created.
-----------------------------------------
Democracy is not a spectator sport.
New It continued
even after I dropped the alternate IDs.

One member, who knows who he is and I won't mention his name, said that he wanted to drive people like me off of the Internet. So I took it as if the group-mind that he represented wanted to not only drive me off of the board, but also off of the Internet.

"Unutterably insufferable prick"? I thought based on other members' comments that I was being:

#1 An idiot

#2 A wanker

#3 A nincompoop/ninny

Also I was told to think before I posted, a lot. That my posts had a high signal to noise ratio, emphensizing on the noise.

Of course I may be just paraphrasing, if anyone wishes to correct me and give a more accurate description, please go right ahead. :)

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New the sorrows of young norman
One member, who knows who he is and I won't mention his name, said that he wanted to drive people like me off of the Internet
That would be me, I believe, last July, although your memory, not surprisingly, is imprecise, since what I said was
Such relentless stupidity as Norm routinely displays deserves to be driven offline.
—in other words, if the shoe doesn't fit, don't let's see you walking on it. And
I took it as if the group-mind that he represented wanted to not only drive me off of the board, but also off of the Internet
It will come as news to the rest of the hive, as it certainly did to me, that I speak for all, but if that's the case I'm going to work next on ruling the world.
idiot...wanker...nincompoop/ninny
The list is far from exhaustive, but it's a sound start.

All this being said, you are at least somewhat improved over the drooling lunatic who was littering the boards with multiple avatars at this time last year.
New Well...for anyone who knows...
but if that's the case I'm going to work next on ruling the world.

...every Brain needs a Pinky. Thinking of the qualifications you 2 may end up paired again ;-)

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

It goes in, it must come out.Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]

New Every Brain needs a Pinky
If memory serves me right, Brain's plans alway backfired on him in some way. Always that random factor he never planned on.

New Rand for Tyrant in 2004! :-)
New Thanks, I think
in recognizing that I have improved in over a year. Last year wasn't a good year for me.

I may have paraphrased what you said a bit, based on what I remembered of it. I do recall some people seemed to agree with what you said. Don't try ruling the world just yet, the other people will ambitions will knock you down.

New Good explanation, Norman!
Just a couple clarifications...

Owl's husband JohnF was very popular, and had an Ex that was on the BBS and she had friends who did what they could to torture Owl into leaving John and the BBS. It did not work, and Owl stayed with John.

John wasn't my husband at the time I was on Affinity for the most part, and his ex was an ex-girlfriend.

It was worse than the Usenet, because most of these people were local and you would meet them at BBS Events. I bowled against many of my antagonists at bowling events, sometimes beating them and other times getting beaten. In bowling score of course, no fistfights broke out thank goodness. :)

Exactly. This is why, in my opinion, it was worse than anything on a broadscale on the internet, because you actually SAW all these people at local events, and there was no way to prevent your worst enemies on the board from coming. And even though there were no fistfights, (probably because of the public nature of the events), there was a lot worse at times.

Nightowl >8#

New Wrong scale
I have never, and I mean never seen flaming on the web to match what was just background noise on Usenet. I have also noticed through the years that most of the effective flamers that I've seen on the web had years of exposure to Usenet.

If you haven't seen it, then you have no idea what you are talking about. I understand that Usenet today is nothing like what I remember because the volume dropped as people went elsewhere after spam picked up and the web provided alternatives.

My introduction to the net was in the mid-90's. One of my favorite groups was sci.math. At that point sci.math had an estimated 100,000 readers. Ever dealt with 100,000 people at once? Only a fraction would speak of course. But still have you ever tried following multiple parallel discussions in group with maybe a thousand active contributers? (The quoting style allowed, nay encouraged, technical conversation to branch out in multiple ways in one exchange of messages.) With most being damned competent, a few [link|http://www.kibo.com/kibopost/abian1.html|crazy], some [link|http://www.archimedesplutonium.com/File1993_10.html|VERY crazy]?

The dynamics of a group with a few dozen or few hundred people is nothing in comparison.

Cheers,
Ben
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
New that second link is to an idiot
everyone knows that it is electromagnetic fields that have to be realigned around your brain's atoms, not the photons being aimed at the locus.
thanx,'
bill
"We must face the fact that there is not a single country in the world that measures up to the lofty moral and social standards that are the hallmark of the U.S.A.: even Canada is delinquent and deserves a whiff of grape. There is not a single country in the world which, like the U.S., reeks of democracy and "human rights," and is free of crime and murder and hate thoughts and undemocratic deeds\ufffd. And so, since no other countries shape up to U.S. standards, \ufffd I make a Modest Proposal for the only possible consistent and coherent foreign policy: the U.S. must, very soon, Invade the Entire World!" Murray N. Rothbard

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Re: that second link is to an idiot
Hey, it worked for TVs! (In the days before auto-degaussing TVs, it mattered which way the set was aligned w.r.t to Earth's magnetic field.)
-drl
New ObLRPD: Where'd I put my tinfoil hat...?
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Brace yourself men! It's another OWL shitstorm!
The Cyber sister shrieks again! Fragile femme on the mouth-path!
-drl
New [A]bort, [R]etry, [I]gnore?
--

"There's nothing more nervous than a million dollars. It does not speak French, it does not speak English, it does not speak German and it moves very fast."

-- Jean Chretien
New init 0
-drl
New Sorry DeSitter, you're wrong.
You haven't ever even SEEN a real Owl shitstorm ONLINE.

Nightowl >8#

Edit: added ONLINE.

Expand Edited by Nightowl Dec. 11, 2003, 10:26:42 AM EST
New Re: Sorry DeSitter, you're wrong.
I assume this response to my harmless sarcasm is a threat, and since I live in the same city and am not "connected" as the natives are, I'm forced to take it seriously - the more so since I fully understand what hysterical women are capable of doing, particularly ones who are (by their own admission) mentally disturbed.

I will leave it to the administrators to decide how to handle this matter. I cannot remain here under these conditions.

-drl
New It was not a threat -- I edited it to say online
I just meant that I haven't been angry enough to truly "flame" someone, and I would NEVER hurt anyone physically, and if you choose to believe that I'm sorry.

I don't even know where you live, remember? I couldn't find you. And a lot iwetheyer's know where one another live and make comments like that whether in sarcasm or flippancy, or sometimes anger, and I can't see that as reason for anyone to be removed from the board or leave the board. Sheesh are you ever overreacting.

You have been antagonizing me for days, trying to make me explode, and I've been doing my best not to do that, so you are the cause of the problem here, not me.

I hope the administrators realize this because I know I've done nothing wrong.

Nightowl >8#

Edited: added a sentence in second paragraph.

Expand Edited by Nightowl Dec. 11, 2003, 10:27:29 AM EST
Expand Edited by Nightowl Dec. 11, 2003, 10:31:04 AM EST
New Re: It was not a threat.
Nevertheless, I feel threatened, particularly since "Nightowl" has manufactured the belief that I "want to meet her", which could not be more wrong.

My instincts about such things are nearly perfect, and my alarms are all ringing.

I leave it to the administrators to decide what is best - if that includes me leaving the group, then I can live with it.

-drl
New This is laughable..
I'll give Scott the police precinct number whom I called when I was trying to find you on the phone. He can speak to the officer who personally assisted me in my search for you, and was prepared to go "rescue" you from your apartment at a moment's notice.

If that doesn't back my credibility, I don't know what would. Just let me alone, Ross.

Nightowl >8#

New Re: This is laughable.. (new thread)
Created as new thread #130251 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=130251|Re: This is laughable..]
-drl
New Time to apply a clue by four
Just let me alone, Ross.
Maybe you could try, oh.. I don't know, not fucking responding to him?
-----------------------------------------
Democracy is not a spectator sport.
New It works both ways
And he's the one who has been blasting me (& John) in otherwise reasonable conversations, lately.

Nightowl >8#

Edit: added "& John"

Expand Edited by Nightowl Dec. 11, 2003, 11:24:47 AM EST
New Is this the part..
...where we hear the kids screaming...

"But she started it?"

"No I didn't. SHE started it."

Be the adult.

End it.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

It goes in, it must come out.Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]

New In case anybody is questioning why....
I believed a certain someone wanted to meet me in person on here....

Read this post. (Scott, please check this post for reference also).

[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=126950|http://z.iwethey.org...?contentid=126950]

Thanks, I'm done with this subset of the current topic.

Nightowl >8#

New oh, come now...
I see no reason to involve admin in this dustup when a simple restraining order would do the trick.

cordially,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New inquiring minds guano know
(but only in the FQ) what, exactly, constitutes a "real" online owline shitstorm? Can't be volume or frequency. Higher phosphorus content perhaps?
New You don't really want to know, do you?
It usually means I stop being "nice" and start "breathing fire."

Nightowl >8#

New "none shall pass"
BLACK KNIGHT:
Have at you!
[kick]
ARTHUR:
Eh. You are indeed brave, Sir Knight, but the fight is mine.
BLACK KNIGHT:
Oh, had enough, eh?
ARTHUR:
Look, you stupid bastard. You've got no arms left.
BLACK KNIGHT:
Yes, I have.
ARTHUR:
Look!
BLACK KNIGHT:
Just a flesh wound.
[kick]
ARTHUR:
Look, stop that.
BLACK KNIGHT:
Chicken!
[kick]
Chickennn!
ARTHUR:
Look, I'll have your leg.
[kick]
Right!
[whop]
[ARTHUR chops the BLACK KNIGHT's right leg off]
BLACK KNIGHT:
Right. I'll do you for that!
ARTHUR:
You'll what?
BLACK KNIGHT:
Come here!
ARTHUR:
What are you going to do, bleed on me?
BLACK KNIGHT:
I'm invincible!
ARTHUR:
You're a looney.
New I love that!
Monty Python is awesome!

Nightowl >8#

New Shuh-WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH !!!
[Edit: Took out a few 'O's, to cut down on right-shift.]
Expand Edited by CRConrad Dec. 12, 2003, 02:17:53 AM EST
New yes, it is well that the owl flies low
since much of the traffic here goes by dangerously fast overhead.

cordially,
New I believe...
Those are flies up there.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
New Re: inquiring minds guano know
You should know, Uncle G, that it *is* possible to rachet up the gamma of a graphics chip to the point that your screen becomes a white fuzzy glow and begins to attract metal objects - (well, the latter only works on cheap Korean monitors...)
-drl
     You are completely unbelievable.... - (Nightowl) - (75)
         Re: You are completely unbelievable.... - (deSitter) - (63)
             He'll never join here. - (Nightowl)
             How did people every survive Usenet? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (61)
                 Not to put too fine a point on it - (jake123) - (5)
                     But this wasn't about the internet. - (Nightowl) - (4)
                         I wasn't talking about Ross wanting to meet you - (jake123) - (1)
                             Ah, well in that case - (Nightowl)
                         Owlsworth Toohey - (deSitter) - (1)
                             Well then - (Nightowl)
                 Survival of the fittest. - (Andrew Grygus) - (48)
                     Re: Survival of the fittest. - (deSitter) - (4)
                         You never heard of DejaNews ??? - (CRConrad) - (2)
                             Google's got a lot of stuff you may have missed. - (Another Scott)
                             Re: You never heard of DejaNews ??? - (Nightowl)
                         Yes it is - (orion)
                     Not entirely true - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                         Yikes.... - (Nightowl) - (3)
                             Actually, Affinity was nowhere near Usenet - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                 Re: Actually, Affinity was nowhere near Usenet - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                     Usenet style flameage - (jake123)
                     Well, I survived some of the worst... - (Nightowl) - (37)
                         (well, the FQ is a separate moral universe) - (rcareaga) - (10)
                             Well... - (Nightowl)
                             Driving off a BBS - (orion) - (8)
                                 No one wanted to "drive you off" - (Silverlock) - (6)
                                     It continued - (orion) - (5)
                                         the sorrows of young norman - (rcareaga) - (4)
                                             Well...for anyone who knows... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                 Every Brain needs a Pinky - (orion)
                                             Rand for Tyrant in 2004! :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                             Thanks, I think - (orion)
                                 Good explanation, Norman! - (Nightowl)
                         Wrong scale - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                             that second link is to an idiot - (boxley) - (2)
                                 Re: that second link is to an idiot - (deSitter) - (1)
                                     ObLRPD: Where'd I put my tinfoil hat...? -NT - (jake123)
                         Brace yourself men! It's another OWL shitstorm! - (deSitter) - (21)
                             [A]bort, [R]etry, [I]gnore? -NT - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                 init 0 -NT - (deSitter)
                             Sorry DeSitter, you're wrong. - (Nightowl) - (18)
                                 Re: Sorry DeSitter, you're wrong. - (deSitter) - (9)
                                     It was not a threat -- I edited it to say online - (Nightowl) - (8)
                                         Re: It was not a threat. - (deSitter) - (7)
                                             This is laughable.. - (Nightowl) - (5)
                                                 Re: This is laughable.. (new thread) - (deSitter)
                                                 Time to apply a clue by four - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                                     It works both ways - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                                         Is this the part.. - (bepatient)
                                                 In case anybody is questioning why.... - (Nightowl)
                                             oh, come now... - (rcareaga)
                                 inquiring minds guano know - (rcareaga) - (7)
                                     You don't really want to know, do you? - (Nightowl) - (5)
                                         "none shall pass" - (rcareaga) - (4)
                                             I love that! - (Nightowl) - (3)
                                                 Shuh-WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH !!! -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                     yes, it is well that the owl flies low - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                                         I believe... - (folkert)
                                     Re: inquiring minds guano know - (deSitter)
                 Re: How did people every survive Usenet? - (Nightowl) - (5)
                     Consider the milieu being reacted -->|<-- against: - (Ashton)
                     If you don't know, then Google for it. - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         Re: If you don't know, then Google for it. - (Nightowl)
                     Usenet is a whole 'nother protocol - (jake123) - (1)
                         Ah... that was what I forgot! - (Nightowl)
         It's the water - it's got to be the water -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (10)
             Re: It's the water - it's got to be the water - (Nightowl)
             You're confusing bad beers - (rcareaga) - (7)
                 Re: You're confusing bad beers - (deSitter) - (3)
                     Try another one - (rcareaga) - (1)
                         Actually... - (bepatient)
                     OT: Is Stroh's still around? (new thread) - (lincoln)
                 That was "Rainier" beer. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                     AWESOME SIG, Thane! -NT - (FuManChu) - (1)
                         Thanks. - (inthane-chan)
             Or the Mississippi mud in it. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)

DIRE WOOFS! DIRE WOOFS, YOU ASWIPES!
216 ms