IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New But this wasn't about the internet.
It was about how someone wanting to meet with me in person, in my locality, who had been treating me boorishly on the internet.

Big difference, in my opinion. I know how to deal with typical "internet" people, I've been there and done that.

It's the ones that are close by that are the trick.

Nightowl >8#
"The difference between being immature and child-like is that one is what you are, and one is what you choose to be."

Comment by Nightowl {O,O}
New I wasn't talking about Ross wanting to meet you
I was talking about your husband refusing to join the fora because of Ross.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Ah, well in that case
I was talking about your husband refusing to join the fora because of Ross.

I said Ross was ONE of the main reasons he wouldn't come here.

The other main reason is he simply has no desire to be part of this particular group, he's busy, he has to currently share my computer to do most internet things, and he really is just not interested. And that's his perogative.

Occasionally he will see a post asking for help over my shoulder, which is why sometimes he helps.

Nightowl >8#
"The difference between being immature and child-like is that one is what you are, and one is what you choose to be."

New Owlsworth Toohey
You seem to believe I thought a lot about this ephemeral meeting of the local IWETHEYers. As Howard Roarke said to Ellsworth Toohey when the latter asked him "Well, Mr. Roarke, what do you think of me now?"

"Mr. Toohey, I never think of you."
-drl
New Well then
if you didn't think a lot about it or attach some importance to it, why would it have insulted you for me not to do it?

Nightowl >8#

You are completely unbelievable.... - (Nightowl) - (75)
         Re: You are completely unbelievable.... - (deSitter) - (63)
             He'll never join here. - (Nightowl)
             How did people every survive Usenet? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (61)
                 Not to put too fine a point on it - (jake123) - (5)
                     But this wasn't about the internet. - (Nightowl) - (4)
                         I wasn't talking about Ross wanting to meet you - (jake123) - (1)
                             Ah, well in that case - (Nightowl)
                         Owlsworth Toohey - (deSitter) - (1)
                             Well then - (Nightowl)
                 Survival of the fittest. - (Andrew Grygus) - (48)
                     Re: Survival of the fittest. - (deSitter) - (4)
                         You never heard of DejaNews ??? - (CRConrad) - (2)
                             Google's got a lot of stuff you may have missed. - (Another Scott)
                             Re: You never heard of DejaNews ??? - (Nightowl)
                         Yes it is - (orion)
                     Not entirely true - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                         Yikes.... - (Nightowl) - (3)
                             Actually, Affinity was nowhere near Usenet - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                 Re: Actually, Affinity was nowhere near Usenet - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                     Usenet style flameage - (jake123)
                     Well, I survived some of the worst... - (Nightowl) - (37)
                         (well, the FQ is a separate moral universe) - (rcareaga) - (10)
                             Well... - (Nightowl)
                             Driving off a BBS - (orion) - (8)
                                 No one wanted to "drive you off" - (Silverlock) - (6)
                                     It continued - (orion) - (5)
                                         the sorrows of young norman - (rcareaga) - (4)
                                             Well...for anyone who knows... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                 Every Brain needs a Pinky - (orion)
                                             Rand for Tyrant in 2004! :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                             Thanks, I think - (orion)
                                 Good explanation, Norman! - (Nightowl)
                         Wrong scale - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                             that second link is to an idiot - (boxley) - (2)
                                 Re: that second link is to an idiot - (deSitter) - (1)
                                     ObLRPD: Where'd I put my tinfoil hat...? -NT - (jake123)
                         Brace yourself men! It's another OWL shitstorm! - (deSitter) - (21)
                             [A]bort, [R]etry, [I]gnore? -NT - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                 init 0 -NT - (deSitter)
                             Sorry DeSitter, you're wrong. - (Nightowl) - (18)
                                 Re: Sorry DeSitter, you're wrong. - (deSitter) - (9)
                                     It was not a threat -- I edited it to say online - (Nightowl) - (8)
                                         Re: It was not a threat. - (deSitter) - (7)
                                             This is laughable.. - (Nightowl) - (5)
                                                 Re: This is laughable.. (new thread) - (deSitter)
                                                 Time to apply a clue by four - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                                     It works both ways - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                                         Is this the part.. - (bepatient)
                                                 In case anybody is questioning why.... - (Nightowl)
                                             oh, come now... - (rcareaga)
                                 inquiring minds guano know - (rcareaga) - (7)
                                     You don't really want to know, do you? - (Nightowl) - (5)
                                         "none shall pass" - (rcareaga) - (4)
                                             I love that! - (Nightowl) - (3)
                                                 Shuh-WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH !!! -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                     yes, it is well that the owl flies low - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                                         I believe... - (folkert)
                                     Re: inquiring minds guano know - (deSitter)
                 Re: How did people every survive Usenet? - (Nightowl) - (5)
                     Consider the milieu being reacted -->|<-- against: - (Ashton)
                     If you don't know, then Google for it. - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         Re: If you don't know, then Google for it. - (Nightowl)
                     Usenet is a whole 'nother protocol - (jake123) - (1)
                         Ah... that was what I forgot! - (Nightowl)
         It's the water - it's got to be the water -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (10)
             Re: It's the water - it's got to be the water - (Nightowl)
             You're confusing bad beers - (rcareaga) - (7)
                 Re: You're confusing bad beers - (deSitter) - (3)
                     Try another one - (rcareaga) - (1)
                         Actually... - (bepatient)
                     OT: Is Stroh's still around? (new thread) - (lincoln)
                 That was "Rainier" beer. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                     AWESOME SIG, Thane! -NT - (FuManChu) - (1)
                         Thanks. - (inthane-chan)
             Or the Mississippi mud in it. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)

Wanted: Web developer, command line junkie getting his freak on.
95 ms