IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Now...if I wanted to take over the USA
Didn't that already happen, in 1941 and 2001? I think the US will survive quite nicely.

Now India and China, that's scary. We have two countries that can afford to - and could actually benefit from - lose 500 million people each without even blinking. India is severely space limited; China can easily spread north and west.
qts
New No, it didn't
Neither Pearl Harbour nor the WTC come even close to being WMD attacks that inflicted millions of casualties. In the grand scheme of things, and even compared to events in recent memory, they are small potatoes; for example, the Rwanda genocide killed many times more people than Pearl Harbour and WTC combined. They're only considered a Big Deal because they happened to the US, not because of their inherent scale. Trying to compare them to genocidal attacks does a disservice to the actual comprehension of what genocide actually is.

I mean, the Rwandan genocide killed something like eight hundred thousand people in around three weeks with very low technology (ie- machetes). Trying to suggest that the WTC has anything close to that kind of scale is a pretty sad reflection of how human beings are valued. That would be more akin to (for example) all the white people taking up arms and trying to kill all the hispanics, and largely succeeding, resulting in millions of deaths. What Franks is talking about would be something along the lines of detonating a nuclear device in the Port of Los Angeles, or perhaps a massive anthrax attack on the Island of Manhattan.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
     Now...if I wanted to take over the USA...all I have to do is - (Simon_Jester) - (7)
         Tommy and Hitchhikers - (inthane-chan)
         have to dig out the eye patch - (boxley) - (1)
             That or learn to drive like Mad Max - (orion)
         I hope that Bush doesn't get ideas :-( -NT - (ben_tilly)
         It's in the PNAC [footnotes]_____PW: "Armageddon-it-All" -NT - (Ashton)
         Re: Now...if I wanted to take over the USA - (qstephens) - (1)
             No, it didn't - (jake123)