IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Dude...
Give the boy a break!

(Oh,...I guess you have...!)

Norm's posts of late have been much more focused, cogent, and on target. FWIW, I'm pleased that the spirit of reconcilliation has grabbed you, and you're willing to give Norm another reading. IMHO, he deserves it.

Now Marlowe, on the other hand,...........
jb4
"There are two ways for you to have lower Prescription-drug costs. One is you could hire Rush Limbaugh's housekeeper ... or you can elect me President."
John Kerry
New I owe it all to my college class
I am learning how to read better and study better and focus better. I am taking a general studies class at the University of Phoenix and learning how to learn all over again. My doctor suggested it for me to help me out with my mental problems. I spend 40 hours a week dedicated to the class, 5 hours for class time, 5 hours for team time, and 30 hours for reading, studying, writing papers, research, and other misc stuff. Only one class at a time, but 5 weeks for that class in an accelerated learning. I just got back my first writing paper and got a 9 out of 10 on it, 90% is the most I've gotten on a written paper. Most of the grade was for critical thinking, flow, and creativity. All the hours I spend at it stress me out, but so far I am managing. If I last two years, I get a bachalor's degree in Business Management. If not, at least I learn something that might help me, and I need all the help I can get. :)

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New bloody Good Show, Norman!
As you seem to be finding out.. sometimes the "class content" doesn't matter at all.. but the focussed (A)ttention appears to be exactly what the (chemistry of the) neurons Need to make new pathways. Don't have to know anything about their 'chemistry' beyond: It Works.

(This I have also personally verified to be similar re "how the body moves" - something most of us stopped paying attention-to after about 3 yo.. to our detriment. But that's Another thread sometime)

Hang in there,

Ashton
New Well done Norm
My first response to one of your posts in quite a while. I had given up on you. Glad to see I was wrong to have done so. Continue with this. It seems to be working.
-----------------------------------------
It is much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than it is to give them a helping hand.
Mike Royko
New Starting from scratch?
If I last two years, I get a bachalor's degree in Business Management.
Is that including prior credits from an incomplete degree? Or is that from ground zero to a degree in two years? If it's the latter, I might have to look into that.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New I have an Associates Degree in Data Processing
but only half the credits transfered because my classes happened 13 years ago. Most of the DP classes are electives now or no longer taught. I am going for a Business Management degree, so they don't matter anyway.

Check out [link|http://www.phoenix.edu/|http://www.phoenix.edu/] for more info. That is where I go. They have 5 hours classes, once a week, for five weeks at a time. If you are starting from scratch, you may want to go to a Community College and take some CLEP exams and quiz out of the Math, Science, English, Critical Thinking, etc classes. Then apply at Phoenix. Usually the UOP is there for people returning to college that have some credits already. Almost everyone that goes there is working, few like me are out of work. They also have an option for online classes, and Flexnet classes that meet a few weeks and are online the rest.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Thanks, may try to work it into my schedule
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
     Signoff - (kmself) - (65)
         Come back soon. You're an important part of the crew. -NT - (Another Scott)
         WTF is going on? - (deSitter) - (15)
             Trust me Ross.... - (folkert)
             Kangaroo Court in session - (Ashton) - (13)
                 His admin right was forfeit... - (bepatient)
                 What Bill said. - (admin) - (7)
                     Re: What Bill said. - (deSitter)
                     I didn't miss that. - (Ashton) - (5)
                         Re: I didn't miss that. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                             Honestly said. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                 Re: Honestly said. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                     Some people like Surprises. - (Ashton)
                                     Some take a long time learning that - (FuManChu)
                 Ashton Ashton Ashton... - (static) - (3)
                     I thought we were an autonomous collective? -NT - (ChrisR) - (2)
                         Altogether now.... - (pwhysall) - (1)
                             Re: Altogether now.... - (deSitter)
         'mon back - (broomberg)
         I need you to keep me honest -NT - (deSitter)
         take a breather - (cforde)
         Re: Signoff - (rickmoen) - (30)
             This is all very fscked up - (deSitter) - (20)
                 This is sort of reason why OLMRs were good. - (static)
                 Personal response to Ross - (jb4) - (1)
                     Re: Personal response to Ross - (Nightowl)
                 Werd. -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     'Nother werd -NT - (drewk)
                 The way I see it - (orion) - (14)
                     ummm... well... I... err... hmm... amaz... - (folkert) - (13)
                         Re: ummm... well... I... err... hmm... amaz... - (Nightowl)
                         Dude... - (jb4) - (6)
                             I owe it all to my college class - (orion) - (5)
                                 bloody Good Show, Norman! - (Ashton)
                                 Well done Norm - (Silverlock)
                                 Starting from scratch? - (drewk) - (2)
                                     I have an Associates Degree in Data Processing - (orion) - (1)
                                         Thanks, may try to work it into my schedule -NT - (drewk)
                         Irony alert - (rickmoen) - (4)
                             Irony... - (folkert) - (3)
                                 Irony, indeed. - (rickmoen) - (2)
                                     Nope... I am not making an attempt. - (folkert) - (1)
                                         Re: Nope... I am not making an attempt. - (rickmoen)
             Clarification and Apology - (bepatient) - (8)
                 Small nit. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                     Yes, we DO do grumpy well, don't we...;-) -NT - (jb4) - (5)
                         Imagine Thanksgiving with this group ... worse than family -NT - (drewk) - (4)
                             Prolly *STILL* better than *MY* family at Thanksgiving. - (folkert) - (1)
                                 thats famdamily you heathen :-) - (boxley)
                             Hey, with enough beer, it might actually work! - (jb4) - (1)
                                 I can supply enough of that :-) - (bepatient)
                     Ah...yes. Missed that...and apologize again. - (bepatient)
         Guess you won't see this. - (Meerkat)
         Don't go. Really. -NT - (imric)
         Bummer - (tuberculosis)
         You guys are all . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             Amen -NT - (bepatient)
         I have 2 things to say. - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
             ObAOLMeToo. -NT - (inthane-chan)
         Team Conflicts (new thread) - (orion)
         Kristos crucios - (jake123) - (2)
             All I can say is... - (ChrisR)
             Not way too seriously . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Re: Signoff - (admin) - (2)
             Speaking of leadership - (rickmoen) - (1)
                 all one can say is "wow" -NT - (bepatient)

Laugh it up, fuzzball.
215 ms