IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Interview with Pakistan "President"...
...last night (around 3am)...let to some very interesting insights.

1) He felt that this operation would be very short. A day or 2.

2) He was not at all supportive of assistance to the Northern Allaince.

3) He seems to believe that there will be a transition in Afghani government that will be more "populist"

4) He urged the west for more than just humanitarian aid...he wants to help Afghanistan rebuild itself..recover its agriculture and become more self-sustaining.

Very enlightening...and on CNN...so every once and a while you can get some balance on US tv.

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Re: This guy is very impressive

At first he seemed just like any other tin pot Army general leading a coup - but in negotiations India & in other appearances in the past 6 months he has grown in stature & is seen as a world class statesman.

He may have taken power in a coup (he was a powerful army general on a return fligh to Pakistan when the Govt refused to grant landing rights he had the civilian plane land at a nearby military airfield then went & arrested the prime minister who gave the order not to let his plane land) but he is winning a lot of plaudits.

Cheers

Doug Marker
New Wishful Thinking
I was wishing the same thing, but he will topple in a popular uprising eventually.
New Re: Wishful Thinking - maybe

But right at this time he is the best of the buch we have seen for the past 10 years & has the smarts to be working with the US.

Maybe he won't step down this year as promised.

Doug M

Operation Enduring Freedom begins - (kmself) - (87)
         And the Taliban pulled out their pre-recorded responses - (Steven A S) - (42)
             Next, the world will be told . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             ObL's response gives lie... - (kmself) - (39)
                 Recall though: first casualty in *every war* is Truth. - (Ashton) - (38)
                     Re: Recall though: first casualty in *every war* is Truth. - (gtall) - (35)
                         Disagree - (deSitter) - (33)
                             Yo, dickhead... Cluestick... - (screamer) - (32)
                                 Yo..Meathead - (deSitter) - (31)
                                     Give the Israelis some credit. - (marlowe) - (18)
                                         I Do - or Did. - (deSitter) - (17)
                                             So how do we conquer without being, er, "oppressors?" - (marlowe) - (16)
                                                 At This Point, Can't Use Nicey Nice - (deSitter) - (15)
                                                     Gentlemen! - fighting in *The War Room* !? -NT - (Ashton)
                                                     So how come it's okay for us to oppress Arabs... - (marlowe)
                                                     Re: Wot U R suggesting would greatly expand the problem . - (dmarker2) - (12)
                                                         Absolutely - (deSitter) - (11)
                                                             Re: I have a perspective on this topic ..... - (dmarker2) - (10)
                                                                 Can't resist such a pregnant analysis.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                                     Re: Isn't India enigmatic - idols & visions ... - (dmarker2) - (1)
                                                                         Re: Isn't India enigmatic - idols & visions ... - (Ashton)
                                                                 Oh, how Judeo-Christian of you. - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                                                                     Re: Yo bro - a good clarification - (dmarker2)
                                                                     Keep in mind also - (JayMehaffey) - (3)
                                                                         Indeed yes - Paganism encourages diversity. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                                                             The spread has been, as with all things - (Ashton)
                                                                             paganism spreads! - (boxley)
                                                                     No - (deSitter)
                                     Yo, potato head... - (screamer) - (11)
                                         Uh oh, Chrlie and OBL? - (boxley) - (1)
                                             LOL!!! By the way, it's a decent comparison? -NT - (screamer)
                                         Well, I Considered It - (deSitter) - (8)
                                             So you want >them< to win. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                 You Missed It Completely - (deSitter)
                                             Why is America strong? - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                                                 Too Bad - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                     Asbury Park? - (Arkadiy)
                                             Re: Well, I Considered It - (gtall)
                                             Heads... You win... - (screamer) - (1)
                                                 Tails, I lose... - (screamer)
                         Similar reservations about timing - (Ashton)
                     Of course truth is lost - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                         Who said 'new'! merely worth remembering, as the "news" - (Ashton)
             Slippery... - (inthane-chan)
         We missed? - (marlowe) - (37)
             I don't think he was the target of this mission. - (brettj) - (36)
                 Better he stays alive. - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
                     Re: BEYOND SEP 11: Im still trying to figure out if .... - (dmarker2) - (6)
                         Osama bin Laden is merely the beginning! - (brettj) - (2)
                             Re: It is what we heard here - Palestinians know ... - (dmarker2) - (1)
                                 There was a follow-up. OBL never cared about Palestine ... - (brettj)
                         Chechnya - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                             Re: Chechnya - Phase I then II - (dmarker2) - (1)
                                 Re: Chechnya - Phase I then II - (Arkadiy)
                 Re: Not everyone sees the Taliban as oppressors ... - (dmarker2) - (27)
                     A couple of points. - (brettj) - (21)
                         Re: A couple of points. - (dmarker2) - (20)
                             TaliBAM - (tablizer) - (19)
                                 Re: Taliblame - (dmarker2) - (16)
                                     Absolute Bull - (Andrew Grygus) - (15)
                                         Re: Absolute Bull - so you say - (dmarker2) - (14)
                                             That might depend... - (addison) - (1)
                                                 Re: First to cast stones - (dmarker2)
                                             Are you saying then . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (11)
                                                 Re: Are you saying then . . . - (dmarker2) - (10)
                                                     You didn't deal with the main point. - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
                                                         Re: What point ? - (dmarker2) - (6)
                                                             And I say the Taliban's main crime is . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                                                                 Re: Please humor me on one point ... - (dmarker2) - (4)
                                                                     I remember reading about the story . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                                                         Re: The later facts were damning ... - (dmarker2) - (2)
                                                                             I am sorry, it has achieved nothing here. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                                                 Re: So be it - (dmarker2)
                                                         Re: What point ? - (dmarker2) - (1)
                                                             Well, I recall - and an appropriate reminder. - (Ashton)
                                 Yeah, but it's *stable* brutality - (marlowe) - (1)
                                     Knock it off, Private ! -NT - (Ashton)
                     Interview with Pakistan "President"... - (bepatient) - (3)
                         Re: This guy is very impressive - (dmarker2) - (2)
                             Wishful Thinking - (deSitter) - (1)
                                 Re: Wishful Thinking - maybe - (dmarker2)
                     Not everyone sees the world as round. - (marlowe)
         Remember from 10/1 - Taliban Leaders: Americans are cowards. - (brettj)
         What did we accomplish? - (wharris2) - (3)
             Knocked out defenses and secured airspace - (kmself)
             Carbon-carbon Tomahaw - (kmself) - (1)
                 Damned devious. - (addison)
         Food and medicine drops? - (wharris2)

At times I feel uncomfortably sure that I was a sysadmin by trade.
108 ms