IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New No cross countries yet
Just finishing up the post-solo reviews and intros (short and soft fields, navigation, hood work). Lost a few weeks due to a week-long annual...plus bad weather...plus my instructor's time suddenly became scarce as he picked up several students from another instructor who quit to fly for a regional airline.

I'm hoping I can work my home town (Manitowoc, WI) in to one of my cross country flights. It'd be cool to drop in on the folks. I don't know if that will fit in one of the legs, though. I'm flying out of Waukesha, WI, and I don't know if Manitowoc is far enough away for a leg.

Brian Bronson
New If it isn't 50 nm, it isn't.
I was lucky, my instructor let me pick my 2nd, 3rd and 4th solo X-C's (don't ask why I had 4). Anyway, the long one (I just remembered, they changed the PTS after I got my license), used to require a 150 nm trip, landing at 3 different airports and at least one leg >= 50 nm. So, if your favorite field isn't 50 nm away, save it for the "long X-C" and make that one of the fields you land at on the way home. ;-)

It is a kick. I know solo'ing is a big deal, but when you actually take off from one place and land some distance away at another all by yourself, you begin to feel like a "real pilot". Er, at least I did anyway ;-)
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
New It's 70 nm from KUES to KMTW
We did cross country planning this morning, since it was too crappy to fly (winds aloft 250@47 and it just gets worse from there.) My instructor is going to let me pick my own cross country routes; so long as they meet the requirements. So I'll probably be visiting the parents a few times.

My night cross country will be in a Warrior. My instructor wants to go into some Class C airspace (Madison, WI) , and the Citabria doesn't have a transponder. That should be fun.

I'd have to agree with you. It's the cross countries where you really start feeling like a pilot. I'm looking forward to them.

Brian Bronson
New Cool. Have fun.
Not all instructors let their students decide where to fly on their solo X-C's. You've got a good one.

If the weather is okay in a couple of weeks, I'm going C62-UCP on 10/18 and returning on 10/19. IF the weather's okay - which this time of year up here is an absolute crap-shoot.

If you haven't checked it out already, check out [link|http://www.airnav.com|http://www.airnav.com]

A lot of the airports have pictures, so you'll know what the place looks like if it's the first time you flown there. ;-)
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
New Thanks. Already had airnav bookmarked! Great site
Hope the weather holds for your trip.

Brian Bronson
     Is this a '5th Column' found within US Army ? - (dmarker) - (37)
         If so, not the first one. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             and Hansen? Or do mormons get a free pass? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 Hansen was FBI, not military. - (a6l6e6x)
         Hard to say from what I have seen - (JayMehaffey) - (9)
             Amen to that sentiment. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
                 Big question - (jake123) - (6)
                     The process needs to be open. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                         Doesn't mean it will be - (jake123) - (3)
                             Military Court Martial - (jbrabeck) - (2)
                                 Fertile ground for speculation - (jake123) - (1)
                                     Every repressive regime requires a Bonhoeffer to appear - (Ashton)
                     Trial? What makes you think we still do that? -NT - (mmoffitt)
             dreyfus case? -NT - (boxley)
         Another Airman charged as spy for Syria - (JayMehaffey)
         Third Gitmo related arrest - (JayMehaffey) - (22)
             This is America. - (mmoffitt) - (19)
                 Hey...wait... - (bepatient) - (18)
                     You might want to run that by... - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                         Huh? - (bepatient) - (7)
                             You'd be amazed... - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                 Re: You'd be amazed... - (bepatient) - (5)
                                     ? - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                         Not quite... - (bepatient) - (3)
                                             It is the people's air - (jake123) - (2)
                                                 But would I not... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                     Not Xactly. - (mmoffitt)
                     Not a Cessna; an ultralight instead - (bbronson) - (8)
                         Amen. And, btw, ... - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                             Birds don't have nosewheels, either, so... - (bbronson) - (6)
                                 Man, I almost envy you. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                     No cross countries yet - (bbronson) - (4)
                                         If it isn't 50 nm, it isn't. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                             It's 70 nm from KUES to KMTW - (bbronson) - (2)
                                                 Cool. Have fun. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                     Thanks. Already had airnav bookmarked! Great site - (bbronson)
             Re: Third Gitmo related arrest - (deSitter) - (1)
                 You may also recall that the identities of the prisoners is - (a6l6e6x)

It's watching you from across the way...
127 ms