I think I made it clear when it happened though.

:-0

The thing that gets me is that for most of my life I have been branded a liberal and a secular humanist. When stationed in Germany for almost three years, people were constantly asking me why is the US doing this or that... Like I have a fucking clue.

I am a human being first, a nation/race/religion/whateverelse much further down. I don't think of myself as an American. Most people I've met are pretty decent, no matter their nation/race/religion/etc... if you give them half a chance.

Human beings are prone to frailties and weakness however. Power seems to fuck with most carbon based life forms. We live in continually interesting times.

Rambling on here, but I don't want you to think that I am anti British/whatever. due to my pointing out Britain's history. In fact, because of the Beatles and the Who, I felt more in tune with Great Britain than America growing up. I'm totally rambling. No point either.

It's good to communicate in a forum such as this though, if for no other reason to write down and sort out some of the things kicking about in your head.