Actually, I pretty much agree with the theme of your post :-\ufffd

The 'but' part:
The ABS is a completely separate unit, with its own pump (!) and hydraulic accumulator and yes! All Those Transistors.

It came on mine. Were I an anal Luddite, I could remove Fuse-30 and it would be completely out of the circuit. (I've also tested it, on a drizzly PM - you know.. often enough these suckers remain Unused for Years at a time, and - I wanted to make sure that a little of that

[recently flushed - also worth doing at least every 2 years, on the whole hyd. system of any car or thing]

fluid got flushed through all those orifices. Also - on irregularly-slippery stuff (as you describe) - only a fool would argue "I can do it Better" ;-)

As to the airplane (or a reactor or a Battleship or a ___)
I'll stick with a mantra ~ that

a) NO MACHINE possesses the (at-best) capability of juggling so many variables to reach a fuzzy-decision.. as does a properly alert and trained homo-sap mind.

B) HAL-9000 (the final release, not that alpha) is so far out of reach of our fledgling comprehension of [how dat mind Doo Dat !???] as to be simply laughable for the long foreseeable. Count widgets? perfect! Do triage about life/death? Bzzzzzzt

So nope, I won't fly in one of those MBA [1]cost-experiments any time soon.. not out of abject {{fear}} for my miserable existence, but: disdain & disgust at the presumptuousness, engineering-HUBRIS! of irreversibly LOCKING OUT the greater source of intelligence aboard! You are truly Spam in a Can, one designed by Hormel + the wet-behind-ears MBAs whose Real Mission is:

Pilot $Replacement$
(fly the planes from ground via satellite with lo-bid Accountant in a rattan cubicle in Bangalore, anyone ??)

Call it a merely personal protest at the dumbed-down digital-think 'mind' inaction.

We also serve who only stand and carp

[1] - agree with mmoffitt re the PLASTIC too
{don't need the shuttle to remind me that it BREAKS; it doesn't bend}
I've seen pics of horribly bent DC-3 airframes long ago - flyin the Hump in Burma. They LANDED!

BEND >>>> {greater greater-than} BREAK every single TIME.
The Unmitigated stat-besotted Assholes...
(designing out-of-range of the Danger, like any Chicken-Hawk would.)