1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You have access to playoff tickets?
Got any for Toronto? :-)
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
New Probably just Tampa Bay tickets
Forget about trying to get Toronto tickets. Each series gets sold out in mere single digit minutes. After that you're at the mercy of a scalper, whether the business or street kind. If you've got the money to blow though it is a fantastic atmosphere to watch a game in. The only playoff games I've been at was back during the '92-'93 playoff run. Saw a Detroit game and the last game against LA (damn Kerry Fraser!!!!) Man, MLG sure was loud.

Actually what's pretty sad is that Senators playoff tickets have been available beyond the initial first release.
lister
New Hey lister, you in Toronto?
I've got a standing promise to take my daughters to 1 NHL game of their chosing each. That means an annual trip to the Joe and usually one trip to the United Center (when the Leafs come) since I can never, ever get tickets to a home Leafs game. I've tried for 2 years and I want 'em before I head north. What's the secret to getting good ($100-$150/seat range) tickets to a home Leafs game?
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

New Yep I'm here in Hogtown (sorry didn't notice your post)
There are three ways of getting Leaf tickets:

1) Be waiting at ticketmaster.ca when regular season tickets are made available

2) Know someone who has tickets

3) Buy from a scalper business or person

The easiest but most costliest option is number three. You're usually looking at paying 1.5 to 2 times the face value for the tickets. One place I used this past season is ticketcentre.com. Call them up, pay by credit card and they'll courier the tickets wherever you like. Expensive but you'll be able to get tickets when you want them. There's always eBay as well.

If you're going to try option one make sure you find out when tickets are made available. They're gone in mere minutes especially anything greater than singles.
lister
New No worries.
I've been trying option 1 without success - they are gone before I can get a connection. One thing you didn't mention is a box office at the barn itself. There's how bad I've got it, I'd actually make a trip to Toronto just to buy tickets for a later date ;-)

Is that possible and more/less likely to get good seats?
bcnu,
Mikem

New Buying tickets in person
You better come the day the regular season tickets go on sale. Come early and be prepared to wait in line. I can't remember exactly how that worked. Someone may have mentioned it in the Leafs newsgroup. You may want to do some searching through there. There may have been some sort of pre-sales lineup ahead of time which xxx number of people got the priviledge to purchase tickets and then came the real lineup at some later date. Or maybe some sort of lottery. My mind is fuzzy now. I don't have the patience for stuff like that so I never really pay attention to the opening ticket sales thing. I just pay extra buying from a scalper. Evil yes but time is money. :-)
lister
New Re: Buying tickets in person
I had a coworker who was on the waiting list for Green Bay Packers season tix. She was something like 27,000th in line!!!

But it gets worse. The only way to get Chicago Bears season tix is to inherit them.
-drl

Light is heavy:
R{} = (2R/W)T - (1/2W){D-2,D-2}W

Heavy is light:
(D-3)(RF[] + 5/4 g) = 0
New That's like getting seasons tickets here
There's like a loooooong list of people waiting for them (I've read something like 20 year wait) and practically the only way to get them is through inheritence. Crazy stuff considering how expensive tickets can be.
lister
New 56 years for Bucs Season Tickets
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

Carpe Dieu
New When did that happen though?
After they won the Super Bowl? :-) I'm not a NFL fan but I do know the Bucs sucked hard for a long, long time.
lister
New nope, just an excuse to get pissed with Doc
could get local playoff tickets, The sell outs are still mostly corporate giveaways.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

Carpe Dieu
New Well, fingers crossed there, buddy
-drl

Light is heavy:
R{} = (2R/W)T - (1/2W){D-2,D-2}W

Heavy is light:
(D-3)(RF[] + 5/4 g) = 0
     Dead Things Go Home! - (Yendor) - (30)
         Re: Dead Things Go Home! - (deSitter) - (29)
             Well it doesn't help when the Wings don't score - (lister) - (2)
                 Re: Well it doesn't help when the Wings don't score - (Nightowl) - (1)
                     it's wild, it's hockey History - (jbrabeck)
             Ozzie doesn't look much better ;-) - (mmoffitt) - (25)
                 Blues have the stomach bug - (deSitter) - (6)
                     Gut check time now - (lister) - (5)
                         Re: Gut check time now - (deSitter) - (2)
                             I don't know about that! - (lister) - (1)
                                 Agree. Night games are better. - (mmoffitt)
                         every 3rd car around here has Ont or Que plates - (boxley) - (1)
                             That's the secret plan! - (lister)
                 Cujo is a better goalie than Osgood - (lister) - (17)
                     You better be pulling for Eddie tonight! - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                         Kind of have to or else the hockey season is over - (lister) - (1)
                             You are prophetic. - (mmoffitt)
                     Osgood so I have an excuse for a st louis run -NT - (boxley) - (12)
                         You have access to playoff tickets? - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                             Probably just Tampa Bay tickets - (lister) - (8)
                                 Hey lister, you in Toronto? - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                     Yep I'm here in Hogtown (sorry didn't notice your post) - (lister) - (6)
                                         No worries. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                             Buying tickets in person - (lister) - (4)
                                                 Re: Buying tickets in person - (deSitter) - (3)
                                                     That's like getting seasons tickets here - (lister)
                                                     56 years for Bucs Season Tickets -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         When did that happen though? - (lister)
                             nope, just an excuse to get pissed with Doc - (boxley) - (1)
                                 Well, fingers crossed there, buddy -NT - (deSitter)
                     Saving my flames - (deSitter)

dude...?
128 ms