IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I appreciate that
I can get rather cynical in these kinds of discussions, because all too often I find people putting words in my mouth, or focusing on a lesser issue that they can attack more throughly instead of my main point. I confess I was starting to get my dander up, because I thought it was going that way again.

Your observation that the part of my post that you originally responded to was not as small as I make it out to be is a fair one -- to me it is, because it was "buildup" to what I was really going on about, but I did spend a fair amount of time on it -- but I also appreciate your taking the time to respond to my other point.

I can understand why you wouldn't share my premise, and thus my concern... but your stance requires a certain amount of confidence in the responsibility of people who wield power that I don't have. Not because I necessarily think they are "evil" people, but because immense power is very easy to wield badly. The US is staggeringly powerful. Therefore (in my opinion) the power it can bring to bear must be made very difficult to actually use. The way things are going, the power to wage war is being made *easier* and that makes me uneasy. Uneasy is too mild a word, I suppose.
"We are all born originals -- why is it so many of us die copies?"
- Edward Young
New There's further and ominous indication of the agenda of
this unelected cabal, now in power:

Some months ago reported: the intention to make "smaller, more compact battlefield nukes". Period. No prior debate, discussion - rationale OR even rationalization. Nada. Just another 'announcement'.

Commissioning new nukes of this description is the obv. First Step in attempting a major propaganda coup regarding the entire world's attitude towards all such weapons: that they be used only as last resort, as in averting an *attack by another upon one's country*.

This is G\ufffdbbelsian-scale mind fuck IMhO: it is no less than the subtle addition of such munitions to the category of "ordinary weapons" / nothing to see here: Move On. Slipped in as stealthily as the anti-Constitutional PATRIOT abomination.

Combine this factoid with the Project for the New American Century material (linked in several posts here) - whose authors ARE the current US CABINET! and I see considerable cause for a vote of NO CONFIDENCE in the perilous course these obsessed ones have evidently embarked (Us All) upon.

We shall see.. if we get a chance! even - to "vote them out" before irreversible mischief is in full delicto flagrante. How soon -?- will the next member of The Massively-flexible Axis of Evil be summarily attacked 'for our comfort and security'.

Ashton
     Well, here's the dilemma then. - (cwbrenn) - (71)
         not at all for without powerful dissent those in power - (boxley)
         Damn it. Stop it. - (screamer) - (40)
             You mean like asking the UN for a vote? -NT - (Simon_Jester) - (14)
                 No, like asking them for a SECOND vote... - (screamer) - (13)
                     No...(ahem) he clearly stated he was going to ask for a vote - (Simon_Jester) - (12)
                         You can if you'd like, but it's not necessary for - (screamer) - (11)
                             Bush does what he says. - (Silverlock) - (3)
                                 :) what record I swear she said she was 18 -NT - (boxley)
                                 Do better than that... if you must. - (screamer) - (1)
                                     You are wrong - (Silverlock)
                             <Chuckle> Your choice... - (Simon_Jester) - (6)
                                 he didnt say when he will call for a second resolution - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Ha! -NT - (Another Scott)
                                 Okay, you got me... - (screamer) - (3)
                                     But then, every 'fanatic and bigot' too - - (Ashton) - (2)
                                         At the risk of stating the obvious... - (screamer) - (1)
                                             Yours is a fair cop. - (Ashton)
             No, I *won't* stop it. - (cwbrenn) - (5)
                 At the risk of being redundant... - (screamer)
                 Sincere apology as well... - (screamer) - (2)
                     I appreciate that - (cwbrenn) - (1)
                         There's further and ominous indication of the agenda of - (Ashton)
                 Franks restates Rumsfeld's 8 goals. - (Another Scott)
             Oh, Puh-LEEEZE! - (jb4) - (2)
                 This is the thing I don't understand - (Silverlock) - (1)
                     Ummm________Yeah! -NT - (Ashton)
             9/11 is completely irrelevant - (tuberculosis) - (15)
                 In 100% agreement. - (inthane-chan)
                 I kindof have to disagree a bit. - (bepatient) - (6)
                     Unsafe, but not personally so - (ben_tilly)
                     Bullpucky. - (inthane-chan) - (4)
                         You know what... - (bepatient) - (3)
                             Moi??__{Omigawd} I think he just said... - (Ashton) - (2)
                                 "the market will correct, the market will correct..." - (bepatient) - (1)
                                     Damn.. I thought it was inscribed over arches at Econ U__:( - (Ashton)
                 Can I get that on a T-shirt? - (drewk)
                 Hmmm. Let's see how this works. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                     Hmm...have to disagree on that. - (Simon_Jester)
                     Not equivalent acts - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                         What. He. Said. -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Me. Too. Plus. ICLRPD. - (rcareaga)
                         Ibid. Well put. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Why is this a dilemma? - (Simon_Jester) - (15)
             Okay, I get it now... - (screamer) - (14)
                 I don't know if the inspections worked or not - (cwbrenn) - (13)
                     I'm starting to get upset... - (screamer) - (12)
                         Re: I'm starting to get upset... - (rcareaga) - (1)
                             I can get edgy... - (screamer)
                         Saddam didn't kick 'em out. - (Silverlock) - (9)
                             Let's play semantics now... - (screamer) - (8)
                                 I mean what I say. However you spin it. - (Silverlock) - (7)
                                     You say potato... - (screamer) - (6)
                                         no, no... wait... God... - (screamer) - (5)
                                             That happens a lot - (Silverlock) - (4)
                                                 10-4. Over and out... -NT - (screamer) - (3)
                                                     To Screamer, want to compliment you on your recent posts - (dmarker) - (2)
                                                         Thank you, Doug... - (screamer) - (1)
                                                             I think the policy actually precceded 9/11 - (dmarker)
         The ends justify the means. - (God) - (9)
             I spit on you inferior Jew Crusader loving camel sweat - (Allah) - (8)
                 ENOUGH of this already. -NT - (admin) - (7)
                     Can we drop some of the IDs? - (jbrabeck) - (6)
                         Am I "safe" with mine? -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                             Doesn't "convey" anything to me. -NT - (jbrabeck)
                             Not so much the content - (admin) - (3)
                                 What I did was to protest of the misuse of another - (boxley) - (2)
                                     Thank you for parking Allah, now Brandi will you park God? -NT - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                                         Omniscient but !=sanctimonious LRPD:__ Trust me... -NT - (Ashton)
         You'll feel a lot better if... - (marlowe) - (2)
             Do you distinguish... - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 It's a continuum. - (marlowe)

No Javascript, No Java, No Flash, No Ads.
102 ms