IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I don't know if the inspections worked or not
A few months isn't enough time to search an entire freaking country.

This is not the same thing as saying "we should let the inspections go on forever."

And again, *still* not the point of my post.
"We are all born originals -- why is it so many of us die copies?"
- Edward Young
New I'm starting to get upset...
a few months sounds a lot less than 12 fucking long years... Or 10 fucking long years if you subtract the years that Saddam kicked the inspectors out...

Doesn't it?
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

Living is easy with eyes closed
misunderstanding all you see,
it's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
it doesn't matter much to me

J. Lennon - Strawberry Fields Forever
New Re: I'm starting to get upset...
Should this alarm us? Do you become violent? Ought we clear the room?

"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New I can get edgy...
As far as your personal safety, you won't need to use the Patriot Act on me... Exit the building to the doors in the rear in a calm and orderly fashion...
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

New Saddam didn't kick 'em out.
And why haven't you been screaming for 12 years if it was so important to you personally?
The world is only a simple place to the simple.
New Let's play semantics now...
Huh? Because in the end, the only arguments that are left are semantic games. Do you mean he didn't physically "kick" them out? Or do you mean that "he" didn't kick them out? Or do you mean he didn't kick them "out"? Or do you mean that you are going to twist the logic of the wording "full access" to the inspectors?

Or do you mean that you are tired of discussing issues that you have already made up your mind about and are going to play khasim semantics in order that I will go away?
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

New I mean what I say. However you spin it.
For the semantically challenged;

The weapons inspectors were not "kicked out" of Iraq. By Saddam or anyone else. They were ordered to leave by their UN boss.

Chief U.N. weapons inspector Richard Butler has ordered all non-essential staff out of Iraq as a precautionary measure in case of U.S. military action.

Novwember 11, [link|http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/meast/9811/11/iraq.02/|1998]

New You say potato...
from your own article:
The action comes amid reports that the United States was preparing to launch a military strike against Iraq following Baghdad's refusal to allow UNSCOM to conduct inspections.

Let's ask God for a ruling :-)
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

New no, no... wait... God...
I see my mistake. They were not "kicked" out. They were just not invited to be allowed to "inspect" anymore. They weren't technically asked to leave. Okay... I'm wrong, wrong, wrong.

LMFAO
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

New That happens a lot
You being wrong.
New 10-4. Over and out...
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

New To Screamer, want to compliment you on your recent posts

You have handled these threads very well & your logic & way of presenting your case, the best I have seen from you.

Credit where credit is due - thanks

Doug Marker

Spectres from our past: Beware the future when your children & theirs come after you for what you may have been willing to condone today - dsm 2003

Motivational: When performing activities, ask yourself if the person you most want to be would do, or say, it - dsm 2003
New Thank you, Doug...
At one time, I used to be human... As you can see from my graphic (if you have graphics on), I have completely digressed over the last few days back to the womb...

I also used to love to debate and challenge myself with the likes of you guys. I also used to have an easy job where I had plenty of free time! I really don't mean to hit and run.

We all have deep feelings associated with the recent world events. I try to make sense out of what garbage shows up in the media (GIGO). To quote DiNiro, "I know a thing or two about a thing or two", but I am a work in progress. If someone can give a compelling and pursuasive argument, I still can learn a few things.

I know we've been at odds about the "audacity" of the current US foreign policy, but I think you will find that when it is written in the history books, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, and North Korea will be under the subheading of US reaction to 9/11 to defeat organized terrorism... It just ain't very pretty while it's happening. I think we'll probably stop short of the Mafia and find ourselves back, totally preoccupied with our own wars on drugs, free speech, and eachother (in general) and back to our true religion of Materialism shortly enough.

While we're waiting, does Australia have any terrorists?

;-)
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

New I think the policy actually precceded 9/11

9/11 merely gave it a new form and substance. I could never see how world trade & open borders could ever take off while we had rogue states like Iraq, NK, Zimbabwe, and reactionary extremeists like the Taliban etc: etc:.

Openess can only happen in a climate where there is an accptable level of demoracy even if it is dumbed down from what a benevolent dictator can achieve. They never last & too often turn nasty.

The thing about world trade & open borders is that it is both evolutionary & a notion whoose time has come. But could be devestated by any committed group of marginalized unhappy people through acts of terrorism. It seems that as long as everyone gets a chance to participate in a growing trade, then the open trade & borders promote common wealth (e.g. mfg moves to China which is boosting that countries wealth & shifting quite large numbers of people up the income tree).

Unhappy people want to tear down the symbols that they associate with their own poverty or emptiness or lack of self worth. Extremist Islam & Christianity thrive in poverty & despair (their religion fills the gap).

In Oz we really have no terrorists - many years back we had Serbian & Croation groups here that did their own paramilitary training & hated each other so much that their local football clubs were 'ordered' to adopt names that had no ethinic or regional association - purpose was that when Zagreb soccer club defeated a like names Serbian team the emotions ran so high that we had knifing deaths in the regular melees - that has more or less passed these days.

The aboriginal community are a passive natured people who will protest but tend to do so quite peacfully, some part-aboriginal people can get nasty but even they are mild by international standards.

Maybe though Australia & NZ might go to war (grin) over rugby, cricket, yachting etc:

Cheers

Doug Marker

Spectres from our past: Beware the future when your children & theirs come after you for what you may have been willing to condone today - dsm 2003

Motivational: When performing activities, ask yourself if the person you most want to be would do, or say, it - dsm 2003
     Well, here's the dilemma then. - (cwbrenn) - (71)
         not at all for without powerful dissent those in power - (boxley)
         Damn it. Stop it. - (screamer) - (40)
             You mean like asking the UN for a vote? -NT - (Simon_Jester) - (14)
                 No, like asking them for a SECOND vote... - (screamer) - (13)
                     No...(ahem) he clearly stated he was going to ask for a vote - (Simon_Jester) - (12)
                         You can if you'd like, but it's not necessary for - (screamer) - (11)
                             Bush does what he says. - (Silverlock) - (3)
                                 :) what record I swear she said she was 18 -NT - (boxley)
                                 Do better than that... if you must. - (screamer) - (1)
                                     You are wrong - (Silverlock)
                             <Chuckle> Your choice... - (Simon_Jester) - (6)
                                 he didnt say when he will call for a second resolution - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Ha! -NT - (Another Scott)
                                 Okay, you got me... - (screamer) - (3)
                                     But then, every 'fanatic and bigot' too - - (Ashton) - (2)
                                         At the risk of stating the obvious... - (screamer) - (1)
                                             Yours is a fair cop. - (Ashton)
             No, I *won't* stop it. - (cwbrenn) - (5)
                 At the risk of being redundant... - (screamer)
                 Sincere apology as well... - (screamer) - (2)
                     I appreciate that - (cwbrenn) - (1)
                         There's further and ominous indication of the agenda of - (Ashton)
                 Franks restates Rumsfeld's 8 goals. - (Another Scott)
             Oh, Puh-LEEEZE! - (jb4) - (2)
                 This is the thing I don't understand - (Silverlock) - (1)
                     Ummm________Yeah! -NT - (Ashton)
             9/11 is completely irrelevant - (tuberculosis) - (15)
                 In 100% agreement. - (inthane-chan)
                 I kindof have to disagree a bit. - (bepatient) - (6)
                     Unsafe, but not personally so - (ben_tilly)
                     Bullpucky. - (inthane-chan) - (4)
                         You know what... - (bepatient) - (3)
                             Moi??__{Omigawd} I think he just said... - (Ashton) - (2)
                                 "the market will correct, the market will correct..." - (bepatient) - (1)
                                     Damn.. I thought it was inscribed over arches at Econ U__:( - (Ashton)
                 Can I get that on a T-shirt? - (drewk)
                 Hmmm. Let's see how this works. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                     Hmm...have to disagree on that. - (Simon_Jester)
                     Not equivalent acts - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                         What. He. Said. -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Me. Too. Plus. ICLRPD. - (rcareaga)
                         Ibid. Well put. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Why is this a dilemma? - (Simon_Jester) - (15)
             Okay, I get it now... - (screamer) - (14)
                 I don't know if the inspections worked or not - (cwbrenn) - (13)
                     I'm starting to get upset... - (screamer) - (12)
                         Re: I'm starting to get upset... - (rcareaga) - (1)
                             I can get edgy... - (screamer)
                         Saddam didn't kick 'em out. - (Silverlock) - (9)
                             Let's play semantics now... - (screamer) - (8)
                                 I mean what I say. However you spin it. - (Silverlock) - (7)
                                     You say potato... - (screamer) - (6)
                                         no, no... wait... God... - (screamer) - (5)
                                             That happens a lot - (Silverlock) - (4)
                                                 10-4. Over and out... -NT - (screamer) - (3)
                                                     To Screamer, want to compliment you on your recent posts - (dmarker) - (2)
                                                         Thank you, Doug... - (screamer) - (1)
                                                             I think the policy actually precceded 9/11 - (dmarker)
         The ends justify the means. - (God) - (9)
             I spit on you inferior Jew Crusader loving camel sweat - (Allah) - (8)
                 ENOUGH of this already. -NT - (admin) - (7)
                     Can we drop some of the IDs? - (jbrabeck) - (6)
                         Am I "safe" with mine? -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                             Doesn't "convey" anything to me. -NT - (jbrabeck)
                             Not so much the content - (admin) - (3)
                                 What I did was to protest of the misuse of another - (boxley) - (2)
                                     Thank you for parking Allah, now Brandi will you park God? -NT - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                                         Omniscient but !=sanctimonious LRPD:__ Trust me... -NT - (Ashton)
         You'll feel a lot better if... - (marlowe) - (2)
             Do you distinguish... - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 It's a continuum. - (marlowe)

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here.
111 ms