IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New As somebody who will probably have children...
...I 100% agree with Ashton on this. Too much bullshit (censorware, increased survelliance, limited civil liberties) is being sold by The Powers That Be as being "for the children" - and if you are against their latest cockamanie idea, well, you must be a pedophiliac child molester.

I'm sick of that attitude. Let the ideas sink or swim on their own merits, rather than based on wrongly linking something to your emotional heartstrings.
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the wise cannot see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
New As somebody who HAS children
I agree 100% with this. We cannot eliminate risk; it's flat out impossible. The idea that we can will simply teach our children how not to appropriately assess risk.
--\r\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\r\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\r\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\r\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\r\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
     If marlowe keeps posting here, we need a forum name change. - (mmoffitt) - (30)
         Thats a good start - How about Propaganda Forum or - (dmarker) - (1)
             C'mon - (Silverlock)
         Split the forum? - (gdaustin) - (27)
             hardly - (boxley) - (18)
                 How? - (gdaustin) - (1)
                     wrong sentence but 7years? - (boxley)
                 Hey Box - that moi - yo callin skeptic (by a septic <g>) - (dmarker) - (15)
                     But.. to accept such a label - means - (Ashton) - (14)
                         begging to differ - (rcareaga) - (13)
                             And you owe nothing to future generations? - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                                 Screw posterity. What have those bastards ever done for us? - (rcareaga) - (11)
                                     The future generation is making me go broke!!! -NT - (ChrisR)
                                     My exception was to your statement to Ashton that... - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                         "This implies that nothing that follows you matters" - (rcareaga) - (7)
                                             Now that is curious and explains something. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                                 "For the Cheeldrun", then - - (Ashton) - (5)
                                                     As somebody who will probably have children... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                                         As somebody who HAS children - (jake123)
                                                     "sacrificing for the future" == future generations. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                         Agreed - your priority (ought to be) unarguable. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                             Once again we are in complete agreement. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                     sorry the bushreich is already retarded -NT - (boxley)
             Eh? - (admin) - (5)
                 Your comments to Brandioch - (gdaustin) - (4)
                     Definitely in the middle. - (admin) - (3)
                         The fencepost...like undergarments... - (bepatient) - (2)
                             "if there is such a thing" - (admin) - (1)
                                 I say..I say... - (bepatient)
             Skeptics - (orion) - (1)
                 Re: Skeptics - (rcareaga)

It's what's for breakfast!
85 ms